Quote Originally Posted by rplass
Quote Originally Posted by Phil
I'm guessing trauma from the brainwashing over at Neverland. I may be wrong though.
I've been thinking about this for a while... if you go by just what comes out of his mouth, it doesn't seem as if he's so crazy, except for the weird binary speak, but that's just a convention Fraction is using to convey his control over the machines... This is what Madison says:

"I came up here to create in peace. Just wanted to make my machines and get smarter, yeah? Problem is, I did. Got too smart. So did the machines."

"They decided they didn't need me anymore, learned how to self-replicate and adapt. Sealed off the bunker to the outside world and have tried to kill me ever since."

So maybe that's really what happened. Paranoia is when you have an irrational fear of something that doesn't exist. Maybe he's not paranoid, and he really did create some sentient killer robots that he was unable to handle on his own. In issue #506 he seems perfectly normal, quick thinking, rational, not distracted or babbly... nothing really odd comes out of his mouth. You don't suddenly get instantly cured of a paranoia state... it takes a long time in psychotherapy to get a grip on reality. So I'm taking him on face value and deeming him sane from the get go.

Love,
rplass
I agree.
When i read it, I didn't pick up on him being crazy or anything, he seemed sane to me.