Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: xmen #505 *spoliers*

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    I'm guessing trauma from the brainwashing over at Neverland. I may be wrong though.
    I've been thinking about this for a while... if you go by just what comes out of his mouth, it doesn't seem as if he's so crazy, except for the weird binary speak, but that's just a convention Fraction is using to convey his control over the machines... This is what Madison says:

"I came up here to create in peace. Just wanted to make my machines and get smarter, yeah? Problem is, I did. Got too smart. So did the machines."

"They decided they didn't need me anymore, learned how to self-replicate and adapt. Sealed off the bunker to the outside world and have tried to kill me ever since."

So maybe that's really what happened. Paranoia is when you have an irrational fear of something that doesn't exist. Maybe he's not paranoid, and he really did create some sentient killer robots that he was unable to handle on his own. In issue #506 he seems perfectly normal, quick thinking, rational, not distracted or babbly... nothing really odd comes out of his mouth. You don't suddenly get instantly cured of a paranoia state... it takes a long time in psychotherapy to get a grip on reality. So I'm taking him on face value and deeming him sane from the get go.

Love,
    rplass
    I agree.
    When i read it, I didn't pick up on him being crazy or anything, he seemed sane to me.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Madison Jeffries appears again in issue #507, also as a member of Beast's sci-team, but now the team has a name: X-Club, named after a RL 19th Century association of scientists. He doesn't do much in the busy book, since there are like 4 or 5 story lines going on at once, and he's one member of an ensemble cast in just one of the story lines...

This issue is really good (Matt Fraction: thanks!), and I'm glad I picked it up, and now I'm sure Jeffries isn't a raving lunatic. Also, I was able to get the variant cover from my LCS, and later on there will be a 2nd variant issued at the Planet Comicon in Kansas City. I won't make it out there for one single comic, even though an Alpha Flight member appears in it... I should really go if I want to consider myself a real Alpha Flight fan, right?

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

I enjoyed it as well, and it's nice they have made Angel/Archangel useful again.

Madison Jeffries appears again in issue #507, also as a member of Beast's sci-team, but now the team has a name: X-Club, named after a RL 19th Century association of scientists. He doesn't do much in the busy book, since there are like 4 or 5 story lines going on at once, and he's one member of an ensemble cast in just one of the story lines...

This issue is really good (Matt Fraction: thanks!), and I'm glad I picked it up, and now I'm sure Jeffries isn't a raving lunatic. Also, I was able to get the variant cover from my LCS, and later on there will be a 2nd variant issued at the Planet Comicon in Kansas City. I won't make it out there for one single comic, even though an Alpha Flight member appears in it... I should really go if I want to consider myself a real Alpha Flight fan, right?

Love,
    rplass
    Well Fraction is going to be at that Con and didn't he mention something about keeping an eye on Uncanny for Alpha/Omega fans?
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isnt merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower peoples expectations, enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation."

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I won't make it out there for one single comic, even though an Alpha Flight member appears in it... I should really go if I want to consider myself a real Alpha Flight fan, right?

Love,
    rplass
    For a variant cover?

Nah! You're cool.

(I have a love/hate relationship with IDW.)

- Le Messor
    "You've got to create a dream,
    You've got to uphold the dream.
    If you can't, then bugger it. Go back to the factory, or go back to the desk."
    - Eric Burdon

Solicits from Marvel indicate that the X-Club will continue until at least issue #512, that's good news. As long as Madison Jeffries manages not to get himself killed off, that's 5 more issues on this run!

Also, I love the way they did the 19th C look for the cover...

click to see big image
    UNCANNY X-MEN #512
    Written by MATT FRACTION
    Pencils & Cover by YANICK PAQUETTE
    80s Decade Variant by TBA

“THE ORIGINS OF THE SPECIES”
    As the X-Men reel from the return of one of the greatest X-Ladies, Beast and Angel take the X-Club back to 1906 to investigate the origins of the mutant species as we know it. See the earliest stages of the Hellfire Club and the very first Sentinel ever! This story is not to be missed!

48 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

They should call them X-Club 7 and release a single. Maddison could sing lead vocals on a cover version of ' Metal Guru'.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Nothing new here, but there's a great pic of the Sasquatch figurine I thought you guys might like.