Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Former AF Member Appearance in X-Infernus (SPOILERS)

Default Former AF Member Appearance in X-Infernus (SPOILERS)

in X-Infernus #1, former Alpha Flight member Witchfire returns.

Spoilers:
    [spoil:7f91ec5731]She's apparently now evil and is trying to conquer Limbo. She summons various Hell-Lords: Mephisto, Blackheart, Satannish, Hela and Dormmamu and basically tells them she's going to become one of them by taking over Limbo and using Belasco's amulet.[/spoil:7f91ec5731]

Well, at least she's gonna be used, since she's quite an obscure character as of the last ten years. Where did you hear/read about this?
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Well, at least she's gonna be used, since she's quite an obscure character as of the last ten years. Where did you hear/read about this?
    I have the issue.

Issue came out today, and it's cool to see her again

Ah. Thought it wasn't out til next week for some reasons. Any way we can see a scan of Witchfire??

Also, notice how a lot of AF'ers are coming back out of obscurity, even those where started OFF obscure??

In the entry for "Eurth" in the recent A-Z hardcover handbook, I noticed another Witchfire-an alternate reality version of the Avenger Scarlet Witch.

I wonder if this Witchfire is the one in X-fernus or if it's the Beta Flight one..?
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    In the entry for "Eurth" in the recent A-Z hardcover handbook, I noticed another Witchfire-an alternate reality version of the Avenger Scarlet Witch.

I wonder if this Witchfire is the one in X-fernus or if it's the Beta Flight one..?
    It's the Beta Flight Witchfire.

She is allegedly the daughter of Belasco, after all...It makes sense that she may appear in Limbo at some point.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Wow, what an issue! I'm really impressed by this comic, both the art and writing are fabulous. Some of the panels I, well, simply stared at them for a long time. Very modern style. I really liked Witchfire's new duds and that flaming eye shot! Reminds me of her breakout issues in Alpha Flight v1 #122-124 when she was all eye-flamey.

For a 1st issue, just excellent. I am definitely returning for all four issues, already hooked me into a series I had never even heard of until today. Thanks for the tip and congratulations to the creative team for a real gem!

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Heh, just read the promo 'issue' for X-Infernus, and I think it's kinda interesting that they hid the soulsword in Nightcrawler's soul to hide it from Belasco, considering Belasco is an alternate-reality future Nightcrawler (thus Witchfire is actually Nightcrawler's daughter...)

Heh, just read the promo 'issue' for X-Infernus, and I think it's kinda interesting that they hid the soulsword in Nightcrawler's soul to hide it from Belasco, considering Belasco is an alternate-reality future Nightcrawler (thus Witchfire is actually Nightcrawler's daughter...)
    Wha-?! Um...I thought Belasco was a dude from Italy who discovered a portal to Limbo a couple hundred years ago and was transformed into a demonic-being there?

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Wha-?! Um...I thought Belasco was a dude from Italy who discovered a portal to Limbo a couple hundred years ago and was transformed into a demonic-being there?

Dana
    Apparently you are correct, Dana. At one point, Universe X writers had made the Belasco/Nightcrawler connection, but apparently that's been retconned (which sucks).

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67

Dana
    Close, but not quite. Yes, dude from Italy, but it was more than a couple hundred years ago (closer to 800), Belasco was already consorting with demons before he ended up in limbo and had become a demon before ending up there, and he didn't discover a portal, his demonic masters exiled him there for failing to release them as agreed.

So...any idea as to whether this is the series that AF will make their appearance out of? Or is that stretching hope a bit too far?

Maybe she pulls them out of limbo, somehow?
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Wow, now you're REALLY stretching, Flightpath :P