Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Former AF Member Appearance in X-Infernus (SPOILERS)

The X-Infernus TPB is supposed to come out this week... not so much of a bargain at $24.99 for four issues, plus the "Saga" comic (only previously available online), plus one other comic, say 6 comics total is over $4 each... not such a good deal... but it is solicited as being an oversized hardcover..., so maybe I'll pick it up anyway to have a nice big version of a story that I completely loved and the artwork was amazing.

http://marvel.com/catalog/?id=12103

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I bought the hardcover yesterday. Haven't had a chance to read it yet (so I haven't read the series), but I'll post my thoughts as soon as I can find them.

Or not.

- Le Messor
    "Foreign Aid" - the transfer of money from poor people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries."

Images

I found it disappointing. An enjoyable story, but the beautiful cover art wasn't what was inside, and Witchfire could have been any generic villain. That was especially annoying in a story about redeeming an old hero-turned villainess.

Admittedly, that still makes sense, since the X-Men never knew Witchfire as a heroine, and she wasn't sistered to any of them, but still...

All that said, it was an good story.

- Le Messor
    "Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get."

Oh, there are some extras not mentioned in the solicit: it also includes stories from X-Men Unlimited #14, New X-Men #37, X-Men: Divided We Stand #2 and the last two pages are character sketch studies, one of which is Witchfire from issue #1 of X-Infernus. The variant covers for issues #1 and #4 are nicely reproduced, but it's missing the 2nd printing of #1. That cover was taken from interior art, so you're not really missing anything there.

The book cover is so very, very black. It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black. Except for the red lettering on the cover and spine.

Love,
    rplass

Images

I just read the hardcover of Storm and Illyana: Magik. C.B. Cebuski, who wrote X-Infernus, (I think, his credit says he's working on it) wrote an introduction for it.
    The second paragraph has the following:
    "1983. With comics at a whopping 60 cents apiece back then, I had to be ever so vigilant in my choices. At that time, books like Uncanny X-Men, Alpha Flight, New Mutants, Thor, Rom and Fantastic Four were all must-buys for me."

I thought that was cool! It would've been John Byrne's time, but he must've kept reading long enough to know who Witchfire was.

- Le Messor
    "God may be subtle, but he isn’t plain mean."

Just out of interest. Had Witchfire appeared between her last appearence in AF (mid 120's vol 1, I think) and X-Infernus? Curious as to if her change in demeanour was explained or we just accept that she decided to reclaim Daddies kingdom?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

No, she just showed up. With an awesome new costume. And with awesome fiery eyes. I don't know of any other appearances between the end of the Alpha Flight run and X-Infernus.

Also, I sort of have a thing for chicks with fiery eyes, as you can tell.

Love,
    rplass

Haha I tried to "buy" it but I had already bought it during the massive #1 issue sale a while back.

What a great comic! Definitely one of my favorite favorites.