Wow, have I been out of a loop! I stopped collecting comics about 15 years ago but the TV show HEROES renewed my interest in the genre.

I looked up Alpha Flight because this was mine and my brother's favorite comic book series. I found a decent Wikipedia entry and this site is excellent.

I can't believe some of the junk they've done with these characters! My brother and I always felt that Alpha Flight was an excellent series with so much potential but they never found a creative team with the passion to do it justice. From what I've read, it seems to have only gotten WORSE.

1) Beta Ray Bill? That seems sane compared to US Agent...it's a Canadian super-team.
2) Were they for real with Yukon Jack?
3) Puck and Heather married?
4) Why do they keep getting artists who make Sasquatch look like Chewbacca? Byrne did it best.
5) When and why did John Byrne say he hated Alpha Flight? It's the best thing he's ever created by himself. (His run w/ Claremont on X-Men is hands down one of the best creative teams in comic history).
6) What is all that stuff about different Shamans? Is Talisman still the same woman?
7) Speaking strictly from a creative standpoint, Alpha Flight should be the comic book equivalent of PG-13 or more mature. The orginal members (meaning anyone introduced in the first 50 issues) have so much potential. Can't any creative team get it right?

Ben, thanks for maintaining this great site!