Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Alpha Flight appearances

According to the link/site above he's in the Kang story in Annual #21

Well, I dunno about #21, but definitely Annual #16, as confirmed by Official Index to the Marvel Universe: The Avengers, Thor & Captain America #8.

When issue #11 comes out of the Official Index, we'll see what it says.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    There's an Alphan of sorts in Avengers Annual #22 also
    >smirk<
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    Well, I dunno about #21, but definitely Annual #16, as confirmed by Official Index to the Marvel Universe: The Avengers, Thor & Captain America #8.

When issue #11 comes out of the Official Index, we'll see what it says.
    I just checked out #21, and there's a blond guy in glasses and a sweatshirt from 'SGCZINKASS University' (guessing that's an inside reference to someone) who strongly looks like cher Waltair. He's not identified by name, he just appears as an example of someone working on a personal computer with a Timely computer chip in it, but given that the other people in the little montage are all superheroes (Mr. Fantastic, Misty Knight, and Deathlok, for the record), I don't see who else it would be. The only thing that makes me wonder is that he seems to have a mullet, but hey, it was the 90s.

Ahhh, all this time I've missed his hairy back in the flashback panel

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24 View Post
    There's an Alphan of sorts in Avengers Annual #22 also
    >smirk<
    Marrina's spirit inside the sword?

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr View Post
    I just checked out #21, and there's a blond guy in glasses and a sweatshirt from 'SGCZINKASS University' (guessing that's an inside reference to someone) who strongly looks like cher Waltair. He's not identified by name, he just appears as an example of someone working on a personal computer with a Timely computer chip in it, but given that the other people in the little montage are all superheroes (Mr. Fantastic, Misty Knight, and Deathlok, for the record), I don't see who else it would be. The only thing that makes me wonder is that he seems to have a mullet, but hey, it was the 90s.
    It was a new edit/entry to the site, and it's essentially a wiki so anyone could have added him so it could well be wrong, but your logic is sound.

OK yeah that's Walter in Avengers Annual #21, as confirmed in Official Index to the Marvel Universe: The Avengers, Thor & Captain America #11. It also says it's an appearance chronologically just before the Alpha Flight Special, for those of you keeping track on that chronology thingy that gives me a headache.

Love,
    rplass

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

OK yeah that's Walter in Avengers Annual #21, as confirmed in Official Index to the Marvel Universe: The Avengers, Thor & Captain America #11. It also says it's an appearance chronologically just before the Alpha Flight Special, for those of you keeping track on that chronology thingy that gives me a headache.
    That's the Chaos War special?
    Is this a recent issue, then? (Avengers Ann. 21?)

It's so hard to keep track of numbering these days...

- Le Messor
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like."
    ~ Will Rogers"

It also says it's an appearance chronologically just before the Alpha Flight Special, for those of you keeping track on that chronology thingy that gives me a headache.
    As in the 4 issue limited series reprint special?

No, the Alpha Flight Special. This one. . I thought there was just one Alpha Flight Special. Silly geese.

Honk honk,
    rplass

That makes no sense at all timewise, surely???

And technically;
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alpha_Flight_Spec&.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	939 is labeled as special.
    Last edited by Phil; 04-22-2011 at 09:04 AM.

Some people call me special, too, but i don't think they mean it in a nice way...

Technically, shouldn't the Alpha Flight Special really be The Flight Special?
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

No, the Alpha Flight Special. This one. (image cut) I thought there was just one Alpha Flight Special. Silly geese.
    Honk honk, rplass
    That is what my mind first leapt to, but not knowing the timeline of the Avengers issue, I thought it'd be something more recent. The only other thing I could think of was the one-shot.

HONK!!!

- Le Annas.
    "That is the ancient Egyptian god of frustration."
    ~ Garibaldi, about Daffy Duck

Right, this is a kinda grey area buuuuuuuuuuuuuut...

The New Avengers 100 Project is basically an artbook showcasing 100 of the previously blank New Avengers #1 covers that were sketched on and then auctioned off for charity.

Tim Seeley's cover features an Avengers Try-Out line up which has what could well be Sasquatch's left side on it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	detail..jpg 
Views:	452 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	1298

A bit expensive to pick up just for that, but y'know, if you see it cheap & are THAT fussed.

Already mentioned a few years ago Phil. Search "Rurik Tyler" on this site to see the post and an image of the appearance.

EDIT: Here's the link for you lazy lazy fans who are even lazier than Phil : http://www.alphaflight.net/showthrea...ll=1#post70287

That's a tough book to find in high grade... damn squarebound binding and crappy cover paper didn't mix well and almost every issue you'll come across will look waterlogged and crinkled up.
    Last edited by rplass; 07-19-2011 at 09:34 PM.