Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Some Alpha Flight appearances - Page 2
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 484

Thread: Some Alpha Flight appearances

  1. #16
    Administrator Department H
    rplass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    USS Enterprise
    Posts
    2,788

    Default

    Oh, I can confirm the What If... issues. I have both of them. The Dr. Doom one is really good, just a little cameo for Sasquatch and Puck, well, the back of Puck's head really,... but I really like the story, one of my favorite What If... issues. Here is a pic of Sasquatch from a battle scene with Doom:



    The Archangel one, issue #101, that's a debatable Alpha Flight appearance..... The twins may appear as members of the Marauders, standing around in a munitions warehouse. Northstar may be seen in the shadows in 1 panel and in another, what may be Aurora's right hip appears. A white starburst on a black costume is very clearly visible, but her face isn't. Northstar might also be standing to her left but unfortunately, a large speech bubble blocks a full view so we can't really see. Should a copy of the original artwork without the speech bubble surface, we could have a clear view. I'm going to say yes, it's them, you decide:



    Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

    http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

  2. #17
    Alphamaniac Alpha Flight
    cmdrkoenig67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    State O' Maine
    Posts
    2,581

    Default

    Wow!...That is some horrible speech balloon placement right there.

    Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

  3. #18
    Administrator Department H
    rplass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    USS Enterprise
    Posts
    2,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Hmmm @ http://comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=163628

    The lead story that supposedly has the HofM Wildchild in is written by Fred Van Lente which would sound credible... I may have to search for this tomorrow.

    Plus: To remind myself to confirm them;
    http://comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=37364
    http://comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=171272
    http://comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=157489
    http://comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=18678
    Ok the Runaways #10, that's the link ending 171272, that's a debatable appearance. However, it's probably Jeffries. He joined up with Beasts's science team around #505 of Uncanny X-Men and this issue is current with UXM# 510ish, so the timing is right. The image is very small, but the scientist shown in the image clearly has greying temples. He's not named and uh, the thing making me not so 100% sure is the lab coat... I just can't picture Madison in a lab coat, you know? But overall I think it's him. Oh well, you decide:



    Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

    http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

  4. #19
    Administrator Department H
    Phil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    9,034

    Default

    Yeah, based on the timing of the UXM issues and the other members of the X-Club I took it as him. I couldn't justify the price of the issue just for that panel though. A back issue bin job, methinks.

    The Hulk Broken Worlds one is definitely Wild Child, introduced by name and with a fair few lines. Just came out in trade, too.

  5. #20
    Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Le Messor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    6,681

    Default

    I'd say that's definitely the Twinz in the What If issue. Their costumes are so iconic it's not much room for doubt.

    Okay, we could use a little more of them!

    - Le Messor
    "To pursue your passion and never acheive is better than never having a passion and living with regret forever."
    - Keith Abraham

  6. #21
    Captain Wow Alpha Flight
    -K-M-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    4,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    Oh, I can confirm the What If... issues. I have both of them. The Dr. Doom one is really good, just a little cameo for Sasquatch and Puck, well, the back of Puck's head really,... but I really like the story, one of my favorite What If... issues. Here is a pic of Sasquatch from a battle scene with Doom:



    Love,
    rplass
    What issue is that?

    and did AoA Wild Child appear in Hulk: Broken Worlds?

  7. #22
    Administrator Department H
    Phil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    9,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    and did AoA Wild Child appear in Hulk: Broken Worlds?
    Nope, it's pretty much set on the FF spaceship that turned him into Hulk.

  8. #23
    Administrator Department H
    rplass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    USS Enterprise
    Posts
    2,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    Oh, I can confirm the What If... issues. I have both of them. The Dr. Doom one is really good, just a little cameo for Sasquatch and Puck, well, the back of Puck's head really,... but I really like the story, one of my favorite What If... issues. Here is a pic of Sasquatch from a battle scene with Doom:



    Love,
    rplass
    What issue is that?

    and did AoA Wild Child appear in Hulk: Broken Worlds?
    That scan came from the link Phil posted: http://comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=157489. It's What If? Secret Wars (2009) - #1

    No, it's House of M Wild Child. He was depowered on M-day (in New Excalibur #9), and likely reverted from the gray gargoyle Weapon X look back to the fair skinned blonde Kyle we saw resurface in Loeb's Wolverine run (issue #53). I will assume Broken Worlds takes place before that because there are no piercings. Wild Child refers to himself as Homo Sapiens in this issue, but I'm not sure that a depowered mutant changes species? How does that work? Dunno, but he somehow got his powers back after this issue, presumably from Romulus.

    Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

    http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

  9. #24
    Administrator Department H
    Phil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    9,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    No, it's House of M Wild Child. He was depowered on M-day (in New Excalibur #9), and likely reverted from the gray gargoyle Weapon X look back to the fair skinned blonde Kyle we saw resurface in Loeb's Wolverine run (issue #53). I will assume Broken Worlds takes place before that because there are no piercings. Wild Child refers to himself as Homo Sapiens in this issue, but I'm not sure that a depowered mutant changes species? How does that work? Dunno, but he somehow got his powers back after this issue, presumably from Romulus.

    Love,
    rplass
    I'm confused as to what you're trying to say here...

    The two Broken World issues are short anthology style vignettes each set in a different alternate reality.
    The Van Lente/Henry story is set in the HofM universe (which we never actually saw Kyle in) and isn't connected to the regular (606) Marvel Universe so has nothing to do with our Wild Child either pre or post M-Day or pre/post Romulus.

    Book Two of Broken Worlds has an AoA Hulk story in it; I presumed KM was asking if AoA Wild Child appeared in that also as Kyle was used a fair bit in the AoA. However, he doesn't as it's about the FF space accident.

  10. #25
    Administrator Department H
    rplass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    USS Enterprise
    Posts
    2,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Plus: To remind myself to confirm them;
    http://comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=37364
    A visit to the dollar bin solves this mystery: Alpha Flight is mentioned in this book (Defenders v2 #1), but I didn't see them. Big Hero 6 is also mentioned, but they don't appear either. Dunno why it's listed on that website.

    As far as your other question about the House of M thing...

    OK yes, the HoM story in book 1 takes place in an alternate universe not 616, and no, AoA Wild Child isn't in book 2. I misunderstood Mungi's question, then I rambled on a bit about the sequence of events of Kyle's repowering, confused by the species change to non-mutant and depowering and repowering.

    Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

    http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

  11. #26
    Administrator Department H
    Phil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    9,034

    Default

    X-Men Forever #10 features an alternate Heather, Puck, Walt and Aurora at Wolverine's funeral

    House of M: Masters of Evil #4 features the HoM versions of Sasquatch AND Diamond Lil in Magneto's guard

    Marvel Zombies: Evil Evolution features the Marvel Apes version of Alpha Flight with Shaman(Shamonk), Puck(Pook), Northstar, Aurora and Snowbird. Snowbird has a line. They all die.

  12. #27
    Administrator Department H
    Phil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    9,034

    Default

    Anyone got this?

    Any confirmation of the Sas/Mac flashback in the back up story?

    Also, does Northstar cameo in Secret Defenders #12-13?
    Last edited by Phil; 10-14-2010 at 01:00 PM.

  13. #28
    Administrator Department H
    rplass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    USS Enterprise
    Posts
    2,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Anyone got this?

    Any confirmation of the Sas/Mac flashback in the back up story?

    Also, does Northstar cameo in Secret Defenders #12-13?
    Yes, I confirm Sas/Mac flashback in UXM annual from 1990. And yes they are in the backup story.

    Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

    http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

  14. #29
    Administrator Department H
    Phil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    9,034

    Default

    Does anyone have New Exiles #8?
    Is (the alternate version of) Heather in it?

  15. #30
    Administrator Department H
    rplass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    USS Enterprise
    Posts
    2,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Does anyone have New Exiles #8?
    Is (the alternate version of) Heather in it?
    Yes, she is, in two panels but it's more like a ghosty holographic image than the actual character.

    Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

    http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •