Thread: Omega Flight ... what's the deal?

Default Omega Flight ... what's the deal?

G'day all,

Been an AF fan and collector since the original Byrne run and still own every issue. My last visit to these forums was quite a while ago during the last run of AF ( Yer kiddin me - apt! ) - I thought after that series we were dead in the water for sure. I sent my letters to Marvel and others and groaned and moaned as ever to try and see justice done, but gave up. Here I return to find yet ANOTHER version of AF being run ... this time as Omega Flight?

I had heard nothing ...

So now I need to run out tomorrow and grab my 5 copies of that run ... ? Now here is the question ... where do we stand as of now with Omega Flight? Is it dead in the water or can sales still make a difference? They have the TPB for sale and only the 5th issue in store ... if there's still a chance I'll buy the individuals but if it's a goner I might as well just grab the TPB.

Cheers,
    An all new Alpha Flight? "You gotta be kiddin me!"

Omega Flight's Michael Pointer was the main character in Marvel Comics Presents after Omega Flight was downgraded to a miniseries. MCP with Pointer ends in two weeks. I'd buy the TBP of Omega Flight as it won't become and ongoing for months, if at all. If you like it the Weapon Omega storyline in MCP will also be in TBP.

At the very recent Toronto Fan Expo, and in messages from Assistant Editor Ben Morse, Marvel has definite plans for "a" Flight, in early 2009 more news is to be released. Apparently, Marvel has plans for both Omega and Alpha Flight, but nobody knows what that means (appearances in other books, more MCP, a miniseries, and ongoing....).

So no, nothing is dead in the water. Writing letters to show your support for Alpha/Omega Flight is a good idea, always. I sent one away last month, have to write my next one.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Thanks for the reply ... my question is whether Omega Flight in it's recent incarnation is likely to go beyond the 5 issues or is it terminated for now?

It's terminated for now. It was to be an ongoing but was downgraded to a mini a couple of months before issue #1 came out. The 'story' of Michael Pointer in MCP is sort of a continuance of Omega Flight, but besides Pointer only US Agent and Agent Brown get any face time.

There is no hope of Omega Flight #6 coming out, it's been gone for over a year now. If they do bring back Omega Flight it'll be a new team and concept.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

That'll just about do it then ... thanks Mokole.