Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beta Ray Bill-spoilers question

Quote Originally Posted by Dfense75
    If I remember correctly. the reason red Hulk was able to lift it was because they where in space. Also in the build up to Thor's return Dr.Doom attempted to lift the hammer to have its power for himself. He failed. Right after the ever lovin blue eyed Thing attempted and also failed to lift it and right after that Donald Blake(Thor's human host). Came and took the hammer with him.
    Damn.

Yeah, there was the "you're holding the handle, I'm merely holding the head and jumping" line of logic, and the "zero G" line of logic.

Really, if it were that easy, does anyone doubt some other villain would've figured it out by now??? Loki? Zeus? Hades? Dr.Doom? Nah, Marvel's right, they would be too uninformed, too dumb, and too "magically challenged" to either figure it out or place a zero G gravity field around the hammer/their hand and own it themselves.

"You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

T'Challa, The New Avengers: Illuminati 1

Have been away, but isn't it possible that the AF who died where skrulls? Don't all jump down my throat on this one, as I haven't had time to read every thread yet! :P

You know, I'd say maybe, simply because it's a comic book. After all, Sherlock Holmes, Jean Grey, Colossus, and so many more have come back from more obvious deaths in literature.

But to say that Byrne AF isn't dead but were Skrulls would be a big retconn at this point, after all the Skrulls who died in Secret Invasion all turned green awfully fast, some even when wounded.

But all those years Puck had with Razaar may have given him some immortality, Mac is a cyborg and was in one piece, Heather is a mother now and killing both parents of a baby is bad karma....
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.