Thread: What team?

Default What team?

Say Marvel Editorial wants to keep all of Alpha Flight dead; Aurora and Northstar as X-Men; Box and Wild Child as evil; Diamond Lil in Limbo. And so on.

What characters would you use for a core team, given that attitude? What would fly, so to speak?

Sasquatch (Langkowski)
    Arachne (Carpenter)

Those two can be givens. I think, given the current climate, and possible announcements at Toronto Con, that I could get...

Sasquatch, Arachne of course.

Nemesis, an Inuit (18 or so) who was 'affected' by Langkowski's original experiment.

Slyce, Lilli Stephens with her real power, something tied to psychic bolts.

Guardian, if not cyborg Hudson then there's Adrian or Jared Corbo, Albert Louis, even that character from when Dream Queen influenced AF in dreams to stop the Master (he was facing off with Puck in one panel).

Talisman, fitting her personality, is a part-timer.

Earthmover can be possessed by Dream Queen but let everyone think it's the Master in charge, the Master can rebuild his cyborg Omega Flight with his Joshua Lord persona. and so on.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Aurora and Northstar aren't really in the X-Men, though...Jean Paul made a recent appearance, but it's not like any X-writer is actually using them as X-Men right now.

My team:

Guardian (mystery character in the suit...If not Mac or Heather, it's certainly not Pointer, but it is a Canadian)
    Aurora
    Beta Ray Bill
    Northstar
    Sasquatch
    Snowbird
    Talisman
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I'd want the new Alpha team to be:

Northstar
    Aurora
    Sasquatch
    Snowbird
    Talisman
    Diamond Lil
    Marrina, (if she's still alive)

and no lame new members -- please!

Witht he personnel left, I would take

Sasquatch
    Talisman
    Persuassion
    Radius (with some help from Canadian tech)
    Diamond Lil
    Nemesis
    Flashback

Alpha Flight:

Puck (leader)
    Sasquatch
    Talisman
    Earthmover as the new Shaman (guided by Michael's spirit)
    Diamond Lil
    Aurora
    Arachne

Management:

James MacDonald Hudson (head of Dept. H)
    Heather Hudson (gov't liaison)

Omega Flight (team to hunt down remaining Skrulls):

Snowbird (leader)
    Wyre
    Wild Child
    Box (Madison Jefferies)
    Persuasion
    Witchfyre

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

I can accept Arachne.
    Walter (Sasquatch), Elizabeth (Talisman), and Snowbird should definitely be in the group.
    A combination of U.S. and Canadian characters seems what tptb want, so I could live with The Shroud.
    Shaman's ghost.
    Hercules (?)
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

I'd go with Arachne, Feedback as Guardian, Nemesis, Sasquatch, Talisman.

But I'm thinking the plans for "Omega and Alpha Flight" won't mean two separate comics, it may mean how Alpha Flight deals with Weapon Omega, more MCP stuff, a miniseries or two.

Our preferences are of course for a True Alpha Flight ongoing, and Omega Flight morphing into an enemy, so many ways to pull that off; to wit:

- Dreamqueen 'takes over' Earthmover, people believe he is the Master reincarnated though (readers included), he reforms Omega Flight proper, a man with the curious name Joshua Lord convinces Witchfire, Persuasion, Goblyn, Pathway and Wild Child to join him, but it turns out he's an alternate universe version who really is Joshua Lord, he wanted to return home after M-Day but now wants to stay and become power incarnate; he desperately wants Witchfire to counter Earthmover and Talisman; the Master is truly dead.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Give me the following and I think it'll rock, even more if they let me write it...

Sasquatch (lead)
    Talisman
    Snowbird
    US Agent
    and
    ready for this one...
    Jefferies in the Guardian Suit

You know you want it.

I'd definitely prefer Jeffries in the Guardian suit to Michael Pointer in the Guardian suit.

Quote Originally Posted by birdygirl
    I'd definitely prefer Jeffries in the Guardian suit to Michael Pointer in the Guardian suit.
    I'd prefer my GRANDMOTHER in the Guardian suit than Pointer in the Guardian suit...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Regarding Michael Pointer in the Guardian suit: The only good thing about it, is that it gave Snowbird one of the best lines of dialogue she ever had, where she says that Michael Pointer is unworthy to "wash, much less wear" Guardian's costume. I still love that quote!

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

Can you imagine Jeffries's powers channeled in the Guardian suit? That is freaking powerful. He'd definitly give Iron Bum a run for his money. Mind you, Tony has been slapped around by almost everyone in the Marvel U of late. Even Medusa gets a piece of him in the upcoming SI:Inhumans.
    The world is NOT getting more Alpha Flight! Tweet me you twits! @DaVeO52

I want the original gang back together including Wolverine. I can dream right? :P
    Currently Collecting: AF, Wolverine, and Sabretooth.