Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toronto Con

Curious: "any plans for alpha/omega flight?"

Nogs: "curious, you'll just have to wait and see!"

Twyst: "Alphaflight was a joke, they are dead House of M as i remember"

*yawn*

It sounds like they're trying to put off answering AF questions today.

btw, i was curious.

Twyst - Hey Marvel U. We are standing outside like punks, waiting for the DC panel to end. Please stand by.
    8:07
    Agent M - Hey, Twyst! Thanks for covering the Marvel presence at Fan Expo Canada!
    8:08
    Twyst - Live from the Great WhiteNorth, eh!
    8:08
    Strommy - And MN! It's kind of like Canada.
    8:09
    Twyst - No problem, my pleasure. I will send you some pics tonight, Agent_M
    in we go!
    8:10
    Nogs - Sounds great, Twyst!
    8:10
    Twyst - Front row, oh yeah. DC is filtering out, and X-Fans are filtering in.
    8:11
    [Comment From Torule]
    Ooh, exciting. Hoping for lots of new announcements about what Marvel has in store for the x-verse.
    8:12
    Twyst - So on the panel today, we have C.B. Cebluski, John Barber, Peter David and Arune Singh
    8:13
    Nogs - Good line-up!
    8:13
    [Comment From Stark]
    Hey, are you guys gonna announce the War of Kings titles today?
    8:14
    Nogs - You'll just have to wait and see Stark!
    Twyst - (nothing'shappening... nothing'shapening... everyone has taken their seats)
    Twyst - CB's approaching the mic!
    Now warming up the crowd a bit.
    8:15
    Twyst - We're having some tech probs.
    8:15
    Twyst - (And Matt Fraction, he's here too!)
    8:16
    Twyst - We have Marvel logo on the screen now !
    Nogs - Nice! I didn't know he was going to be there
    Twyst - All the panel members are being intro'd via slides of various x-women
    Strommy -

Fraction moves in mysterious ways, Nogs.
    8:17
    Twyst - Announcements: X-Infernus, certain character (Magik) will be returning, reprecussions of Illyana

Twyst - Written by CB, covers by Finch
    Twyst - Christos Gage, team up, Spider Man, X-Men with Mario Alberti (sp), limited ongoing series
    Nogs - The Return of Magik you say?
    8:18 [Image] X-MEN: RETURN OF MAGIK cover View
    8:18
    Twyst - And X-Men Kingbreaker, Christopher Yost (sp), picking up the Starjammers story
    8:18 [Image] X-INFERNUS View
    Twyst - With the Shi'ar and the Inhumans
    [Comment From Pax]
    Which woman is Fraction?
    Twyst - War of Kings, Darkhawk returns
    8:18 [Image] NOVA 17 - New Cover View
    8:19
    Twyst - The Shi'ar leadin begins in November
    Twyst - And... Alpha Flight is dead... aw sadness picture
    Strommy - Darkhawk returns? I did not know this. The six-year old in me just died from excitement.
    Twyst - But, Wep-X First Class, in November
    8:19 [Image] WEAPON X: FIRST CLASS 1 cover View
    Twyst - CB is a fast talker!
    8:20
    Nogs - Just wait until the Mug o' CB panel!
    [Comment From Torule]
    X-Men: Kingbreaker....
    Twyst - Question: Saw a photo of SpiderMan Xmen, the pics look retro, what is the deal with that?
    CB: Will span the generations of XMen SpiderMan history to show where the series is now
    8:20 [Image] X-MEN SPIDER-MAN 1 cover View
    8:20 [Image] X-MEN SPIDER-MAN 2 cover View
    8:21
    [Comment From Torule]
    Alpha Flight dead again?
    Twyst - Q: What is going on with Layla Miller?
    Peter David: Fan crankiness was monumental, then she vanished during Messiah Complex, and the fans were upset! The one-shot is out, response has been great. Layla will be returning to the series.
    Nogs - Alpha Flight has been dead for awhile Torule. As far as I know they have been replaced with Omega Flight
    8:22
    [Comment From Pax]
    I'm happy Layla is returning!
    Twyst - She will return in X-Factor. her return will be wholly unexpected, and at the best possible time. She will be back, i expect a positive response. There has been a hole since she left.
    Nogs - Me too Pax!
    Twyst - Q: The issue of XFactor before they go to Detroit was favourite of the year!
    A; Great!
    [Comment From curious]
    any plans for alpha/omega flight?
    8:23
    Nogs - curious, you'll just have to wait and see!
    Twyst - Q: What made you come back to XFactor
    P: Wow, welcome to the XFactor Panel! Andy Schmitt (sp), managed to will a Mantrox (?) limited series
    [Comment From Torule]
    Thank you, Nogs, for clearing that up. I actually knew there was Omega Flight.
    Nogs - No problem, Torule!
    8:24
    Strommy -

Mantrox=Madrox, of course.
    Twyst - in War Detective, i dont know whose photos he had. Then he asked me, and i said OK!
    Twyst - haha, sorry for the errors!
    Nogs - Twyst is doing an amazing job at this!
    Twyst - Peter: the series was well enough recieved, that we were able to continue. I layed the groundwork for the series, just in case.
    8:25
    Twyst - Q: Are we going to see some really trippy far out **** in Uncanny
    A: Yes!
    Strommy - Agreed, Twyst. Liveblogging from the panel floor is tricky, you're doing great.
    Twyst - Alphaflight was a joke, they are dead House of M as i remember
    [Comment From Literateknits]
    So glad Layla is coming back to X Factor proper, though I do love the Six/Baltar-esque action going on in Madrox's already messed up head.
    [Comment From pinksage]
    Twyst is is rocking the live blogging thing! yay!
    Twyst - A: Pixie has hallucinegenic powder on her wings
    8:26
    Twyst - Scott has a hotel in his head of every woman he has been attracted to, Emma walks around
    Nogs - Oh, she said Uncanny
    8:26 [Image] UNCANNY X-MEN 503 cover View
    8:26 [Image] X-FACTOR 37 cover View
    [Comment From MattyB]
    Keep up the good work Twyst!
    Twyst - Something about a story with mildy ******ed Nazi super soilders in Argentina, but they avoided that
    8:27
    Twyst - Q: We have the Skrulls invading NY, invasion of San Fran., are they going to invade Toronto?
    Twyst - CB: they will address other international areas, not sure if TO is addressed. Japan is one.
    Twyst - Matt: Nag Brian Reed!
    8:28
    Twyst - Q: How is Astonishing different from Uncanny, now that they share the same cast?
    [Comment From felipe]
    Who is going to draw this new Starjammers mini?
    Twyst - Matt: Astonishing is an A-list Botique book. It's a broad story
    Twyst - Matt: Uncanny is the hub of the soap opera. Everything that ripped out will originate in Uncanny. It will be much more tied in to everything else.
    8:29
    [Comment From Pax]
    Any hints for Uncanny after their second story arc?
    8:29
    Twyst - Every book has a very discreet identity and slice of what the Marvel U is. Uncanny is the 'Days of Our Lives'. Uncanny can bring in ensamble chars., as many of the 198 as we can cover. Astonishing is self contained.
    8:30
    Twyst - in Uncanny, XForce will show up (the cast and the regular cast of Uncanny too)
    Nogs - Pax, Twyst is reporting directly from the Con floor, what you are reading ARE your hints
    Twyst - If Astonishing is the XMen movie, Uncanny is the TV show
    8:31
    Twyst - Q: Are we going to see Uncanny 3x a month?
    A; could we be cool with 2? lets stick with 2 for now
    8:31
    [Comment From Pax]
    Ok, cool.
    8:32
    Twyst - Q: will there be a return of Sabretooth?
    A: He hasnt got a head! He will lead Alpha Flight (laughs)! How many times do we have to kill a character?
    (He will show up in Origins, before he was decapitated)
    Twyst - Do you watch Futurama? he will show up with a head in a bell jar
    [Comment From Torule]
    If Uncanny is the main crossover book, Astonishing is the tie-in?
    Twyst - We havent seen the plan yet.
    Twyst - Q: When will we find out more about Romulus?
    A: Good question!
    8:33
    Twyst - Wolverine O is leading towards a showdown, with those setting up Wolvie's life. We have learned more about Udok (?) and Wolvie's son.
    8:33
    Twyst - The next time we see him in a real way? Next year. probably first half.
    8:34
    Twyst - Q; Wolvie is everywhere! XForce, Avengers. There are lots of him? Or there is one?
    A: there was the idea that Danny Rand could lend him a teleportation device!
    Twyst - They are all Skrulls! (laughs)
    Twyst - He will be located in LA with the XMen
    Twyst - He appears lots of places. Origins will take place in LA. XForce takes place in a few days, they take place between Uncanny
    8:35
    [Comment From felipe]
    I think Astonishing is a more self-contained book and Uncanny is more into continuity... is that correct?
    Twyst - MAtt: Bendis time is like Metric time, he lives in deca hours.
    Twyst - Felipe: yes
    Nogs - felipe, I think that about sums it up.
    8:36
    [Comment From felipe]
    So Wolverine will no longer be part of the Avengers team?
    Twyst - Q: can we expect to see Apocolypes in the future?
    A: Good question! Last time we saw him, Blood of the Apocalypse. He wont be in XFactor, doesnt look good in trench and slouch hat
    Strommy - Definitely--Ellis has a 24-issue plan set for Astonishing, and once that's over he's done with the book.
    Twyst - Q: Will Kitty and her giant bullet be in War of Kings?
    A: No
    8:37
    Strommy - Felipe--Who knows? Things with the Avengers are a little unstable these days... all depends on the outcome of Secret Invasion.
    Twyst - Q: Started reading with Peter David. When will we see Havok again?
    A: Kingbreaker in November.
    Twyst - Then into War of Kings
    Strommy - I really want to create a band just so I can name it "Kitty Pryde and her Giant Bullet" now.
    Twyst - Q: are we ever gonna see Kitty Pride again?
    A: there are always flashbacks. 504 starts an arc, Lovelorn, how heartbroken Peter is.
    8:38
    Twyst - Joss gave her terrific goodbye, to bring her back dishonours it. It was called Gone for a reason.
    8:39
    Twyst - Q: Legacy is a set plan for Xavier. what is after that?
    A: Rogue will show up. Still part of the Xavier arc. Who is to say it isnt going to continue on after that? It is Xavier's arc. He is goingback to his past trying to fix the parts that didnt work, and those he wronged. Going to try and fix what went wrong with her, and Gambit. Mike is going to take it in a different direction after that arc.
    8:40
    Twyst - Q: Is Rogue going back into regular XMen after Legacy?
    A: The minute i can get my hands on her i will! She's great. We'll see. Esp. coming from the south, i want to get away from the "Aw sug'"
    8:41
    [Comment From felipe]
    Great name for a band!
    8:41
    Twyst - Q: Barber, when people come up to you with future stories, what do you look for?
    A: Complicated questions! We talk it out. There are a large group of people involved. The great thing is that the stories are interconnected, the terrible thing is that it is interconnected. If Chris Yost (sp) wanted to use Longshot, they couldnt, because they are used elsewhere. Villains used in book 1 cant be used in 2, continuity issues. We have to think in longer term from when i first came on.
    8:42
    Twyst - There are parts that arent looked upon fondly by fans, those are the 'slash and burn' eps. We dont want to wreck any characters.
    8:42
    Twyst - (btw: Omega Flight /Alpha was a joke screen, they are done ) But Canadian Wolvie is around )
    8:43
    [Comment From curious]
    did they say "wait and see" on the floor? i've been hearing that alot lately about alpha flight. where better to make a announcement than canada?
    Twyst - Peter: we are talking about a matter of logistics. if the writer wnats to do soemthing, the editor has to look at 1 - is it a good story, 2 - is it feasable?
    Nogs - curious, I think Twyst just answered your question ;P
    Twyst - they have to know what is going to be going on in 6 mos. Peter would like to see more communication. The editors know, but the writers are throwing darts in the dark.
    8:44
    Twyst - the writers plot 3-6-9 months in advance, then editors come back and say what will and wont work. They ensure that everything meshes, and works.
    8:45
    Twyst - Q: so there is no giant plot map up on the wall?
    A; Matt: i asked when i came in to Marvel during Civil War, and guy he was talking to had to call him back, he was laughing so hard. peter: have you seen beyond thunderdome? PLAN!? WE HAVE NO PLAN? It's creative anarchy. It's a good thing
    8:45
    Nogs - It always amazes me how complicated the comic book process is. It's really pretty crazy when you think about it.
    8:46
    Twyst - The problem becomes for it to be really regimented, 1 person has to be the tyrant. This isnt a positive creative atmosphere. Does Joe sign off oneverything? Yes. There is a huge amount of give and take. It's organic. and healthy. Matt: the first ongoing i had after civil war was Punisher, i suggested killing frank, and bringing in a new character, someone who lost their family in stamford.
    8:47
    Twyst - Cuz Frank lost his family around Vietnam, that would make him like 65
    8:47
    Twyst - Matt: it was a serious convo for 4-5 days, Axel (sp) really thought about it. But it didnt have a future.
    8:48
    Strommy - I never knew that about Fraction's Punisher. That definitely would have been different...
    8:48
    Twyst - Matt is joking about the horror stories of the industry, says it isnt bad. And was really happy they actually thought about it
    8:50
    Twyst - Peter: when Layla was created, and existed only for House of M, she would have been a Deus Ex Machina. The idea of bringing her in to XFactor was brought to Schmitt. It made it so it was her debut. I spoke with Brian about what i wanted her to be. Combo of Nostradamus and Wednesday Addams. brain was taken with this notion
    Twyst - One person builds on something someone else built.
    Twyst - Q: Similary, can you sahre stories that looking back seemed ridiculous?
    Twyst - *share
    8:52
    Twyst - Peter: many ys ago, talking about return of Magento, Bob Harris said big fight with Wolvie and Magento. Peter said if i were Magneto, i would rip out his skeleton and be done with him. And people were excited by this! Great visual! They went on and on. I said 'this is the most assinine idea i have every heard! are we going to kill him?' (No! he has healing!) he will be goo! (this is insane!) and then they did it.
    Twyst - So watch what you say.
    Twyst - Matt: it was pretty weird they asked me to write XMen
    8:53
    [Comment From felipe]
    I would like a new punisher
    Twyst - Nameless creator was pitching a story that he didnt quite 'have'. He started referring to main character as 'Carlie" (sp) (name of Joe's daughter)
    Nogs - It certainly would have been interesting, felipe
    Twyst - After i said to him, You are a devious son of a *****. And he said i know. (cuz joe was thinking so hard about it, given daughter's name)
    8:54
    Twyst - Q: Can we see more Guardian? Keep Alpha Flight dead?
    A; Can we see his desicated corpse? (pic comes up of them all dead)
    Twyst - Alpha Flight is dead, some of them arent there tho
    8:55
    Twyst - We just finished a story in MArvel Comics Presents, that is coming out soon
    Strommy - Snowbird's still alive and kicking, for one. She was just in the brilliant INCREDIBLE HERCULES.
    Twyst - Those chars, Omega Flight, and possibly something called Alpha Flight. An Alpha Flighter might show up in Xmen. In XInfernus, there is a tie in, for old school fans.
    8:56
    Twyst - In XFactor: Nothing
    8:57
    Twyst - Q: Chris Claymont is great, but he has descimated Exiles. Can you get him to spice it up, cuz it's vomit.
    CB: Handled out of Mark's office. For people like you who dont like it, there are many that do enjoy. Send Mark an email or post on Marvel.com You will have to wait and see what direction that goes. Wait and see, there are some twists coming up
    8:58
    Twyst - Q: with the xmen in San Fran., is the Professor going to come back and form a team?
    Strommy - Mark from Exiles being Mark Paniccia.
    [Comment From bran]
    moar david finch/x-men goodness
    Twyst - A: he is not incredibly welcome, he shows up, but we'll get there... we will handle it. Peter: he would look good in a trench coat.
    8:59
    Twyst - Q: will they face any old villians? C
    A: you take the good, you take the bad... [facts of life] would like to re-intro Arcade,
    Twyst - most financially irresponsible villian.
    Twyst - He was in XFactor weeks ago! [PEter]
    Twyst - Matt: i have a new baby!
    Twyst - Peter : PRIORITEIS! i have 4 kids, no sympathy!
    9:00
    Twyst - there are a lot of old villains you will recognise.
    9:00
    Twyst - Q: are you allowed to give details about Emma Frost and the anti-illuminati group
    9:01
    Twyst - A: keep reading and you will learn more after SI is over
    9:01
    Twyst - ****'s about to go off!
    9:02
    Twyst - Q: LAtely XMen have been killing, when before it wasnt ok, will that continue?
    A; there are fewer than 200 left, and the purifiers are killing mutants on site, and blood is being spilled, there arent more coming. this is an act of self defense. their race is in dire straights, it's an order not given lightly
    9:02
    Twyst - the moral and ethical burdens will echo for the next 2 YS. friendships will end. There is nothing cool about kiling the way it is in the X books right now.
    9:03
    Twyst - You are notmeant to agree this is the right thing to do. I think Scott has crossed the line, and Wolvie thinks he has, and if Wolvie thnks you have done wrong...
    9:03
    Twyst - He takes it on himself, so that other's dont have to. No one knows about XForce, there is a reason it's a secret.
    9:04
    Twyst - You're not supposed to agree, and you arent the only one who disagrees. In latest Astonishing, Warren Ellis set up a lot of arguments in a convo with Storm and ___ (missed it :S)
    9:04
    Twyst - Q: the covers (variants) have a lot of killing, i dont get that.
    A: but there were the puppy and rainbow variants!
    9:05
    Strommy - That variant was probably my favorite of the year. Just saying.
    Twyst - You can make an argument the bloody variants have crossed the line. We are balancing the line btwn the real and fictional world. There are people who dont think Punisher doesnt kill enough. If you dont like the bloody ones, dont get those ones. There is a lot of moral ambiguity. Wolvie's convo with X23 -- it's not something we are hiding.
    Twyst - The book asks if the violence is cool. And there is big reconning coming
    9:06
    Twyst - Q: how does Cyclopse keep XForce a secret from E. Frost?
    A: 503.
    [Comment From felipe]
    I want an Emma Frost mini!!!
    Twyst - Are there going to be other series? Storm lmited series, XMEn Worlds Apart
    Twyst - What is going on in Wakanda vs XMen
    Nogs - felipe, there already is one! it's by Karl Bollers!
    9:07
    Twyst - There is a Wolvie Manifest Destiny
    Twyst - New place for a new type of Wolvie adventure
    Twyst - groundwork for Wolvie in San Fran
    Twyst - 1 more Q
    Twyst - Q: resurrect jean grey?
    Twyst - A; there are some chars that want to try that, Peter: checking out if she looks good in a slouch hat and trench
    Nogs - Well, miniseries isn't exactly the right word. But it does star Emma Frost!
    Twyst - DONE!!
    9:08
    Strommy - Felipe--Karl Bollers wrote "Emma Frost" for eighteen issues--it was collected in three digest trades, not sure if they're still in print but you can check at your local comic shop!
    Nogs - Strommy to the rescue!
    Twyst - Alrighty people I wasnt able to handle questions, sorry about that, typing like a fiend. I tried to catch as much as possible
    9:09
    Strommy - You did great, Twyst. In San Diego, it took two of us.
    Nogs - Twyst, you did awesome!
    Twyst - i missed a little TBH, but got the meat, i thnk!
    9:10
    Nogs - Well, thank you again for covering all the marvel stuff at Fan Expo Canada, Twyst
    Twyst - No probs it's fun Handing out masks to scared people
    Twyst -

WHAT: BREAKING INTO THE HOUSE OF IDEAS
    WHERE: Room 717
    WHEN: Saturday, August 23, 1 p.m.
    THE 411: Whether you're a writer, penciler, painter or editor, ask these top pros about what it takes to join the mighty Marvel team! Talent Liaison C.B. Cebulski, editor John Barber, writer Dan Slott and some of today's hottest artists will share their stories and answer your questions at this once-in-a-lifetime panel!
    Twyst - TOMORROW
    Strommy - All right guys, I'm out of here-- talk to you all tomorrow! Thanks again Twyst!
    9:11
    Nogs - Oh hey, I was just about tell everyone about that. You're on top of this stuff Twyst!
    Nogs - Thanks Strommy! Thanks Twyst!
    Twyst - Your girl on the street (well under the street) See ya tomorrow
    Nogs:
    Twyst - Thanks dudes
    [Comment From felipe]
    thank you!
    Nogs - See everyone tomorrow!

So Tomorrow it is, the bloggers were just watching the panel though.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

sorry guys, i would have narrowed that down, but i was trying to grab it before they closed it.

can anyone make heads or tails of what they said?

heres the major jist of it, but its confusing at best. its a bloggers interpretation of whats being said.

Twyst - Q: Can we see more Guardian? Keep Alpha Flight dead?
    A; Can we see his desicated corpse? (pic comes up of them all dead)
    Twyst - Alpha Flight is dead, some of them arent there tho
    Twyst - We just finished a story in MArvel Comics Presents, that is coming out soon
    Strommy - Snowbird's still alive and kicking, for one. She was just in the brilliant INCREDIBLE HERCULES.
    Twyst - Those chars, Omega Flight, and possibly something called Alpha Flight. An Alpha Flighter might show up in Xmen. In XInfernus, there is a tie in, for old school fans.

Alpha Flight is dead, but some of them aren't?

Live it.

So....Disrespect for Alpha and it's fans, several bad jokes at Alpha's expense (nothing new there) and little else, except "wait and see"s. Deja Vu all over again.

Yeah...So...
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

now that i'm starting to understand this a little more, i think every time a alpha question was asked or alpha was referenced they flashed to the team dead in the snow.

so now marvel comes to the country it disrespected by killing its team off-panel and makes a joke of it?

wow. pretty arrogant.

Nothing from Cup of CB, just reiterated that AF was murdered by the mail man, no announcement yet. Only Marvel Universe panel tomorrow, or Toronto Con is a waste of time for me.

Live it.

Wow, what a pantload that was. I can't believe they'd show up here and not have something in the way of AF news. I know Joe Q said "dead means dead" and all, but they brought Bucky back, Harry Osborn, Aunt May and now they're planning to bring Jean Grey back in December. Hmmm, it seems dead means dead only when it comes to AF. Well, I'm back on the wagon, no more money wasted on Marvel books.

You can add Psylocke, Colossus, Northstar, Ghost Rider (both), Thor, and a lot more.

My question is why, for two days, show pictures of mail man and dead AF? Why not show Lobdell flight? Or nothing? If you ain't gone something good to say, keep your mouth shut.

Only the Marvel Universe thing tomorrow, I hold out little to no hope. So far all they've announced are Iron Man and Hulk minis, and Jean Grey is less dead but just as stupid.

Live it.

well theres one of 2 ways i see this going. tomorrow is the last open forum they will have with c.b. and crew, they are showing these pics for 2 reasons.

1) tease tease tease....payoff. new series limited or ongoing.

2) spitting on the grave. coming into the country of a team they publish (on and off) and just laughing in the canadian fans faces, which is very harsh, but marvel is arrogant enough to pull it off. at which time i will never pay another cent towards another marvel book.

i mean, at least a courtesy "we have no plans at this time" or "we can't announce anything at this time" but pics of the team dead from a off-panel death. thats just rude.