Thread: Omega Flight Volume 2.....WTF

Default Omega Flight Volume 2.....WTF

I was on Chapters website today. For the hell of it I searched up Omega Flight and got 2 result. The first being the regular TPB and the second being:

Omega Flight Volume 2 TPB
    Author: Unknown
    List Price: $15.50

Temporarily Unavailable to Order

Published:March 26, 2008
    ISBN - 10: 078512442X
    ISBN - 13: 9780785124429
    Published By: Diamond Comic Distributors, Incorporated
    Description: Collects Omega Flight #7-12.
    WTF

So I searched amazon and found that book as well. Here are the links:

Chapters: http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/...4429-item.html
    Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...2X/campusicom/

Any idea what it is?

I can easily get an answer for you on this one...anyone seen Ben? Anyone? Ben? Buehler?

On the Chapters site...

If you look at the book's description (which you pasted in), it'll tell you exactly what it is. Kidding...

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

well, it wasn't out in march. maybe thats when omega was supposed to be a ongoing. but that timing doesn't make sense either.

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    well, it wasn't out in march. maybe thats when omega was supposed to be a ongoing. but that timing doesn't make sense either.
    What?? An Alpha/Omega posting that DOESN'T MAKE SENSE??? Heaven forbid!!
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Because Omega Flight was originally slated to be a maxi-series, retailers were already giving the info on TPBs before the decision was made to make the series mini. The data was input into their database with a 0 stock. If they had actually gotten this product, they would have input thier stock amount and all would have gone normally, but they did not get them, so the stock stayed at 0. Big stores like these guys have so many listings, it's easy for something like this to slip between the cracks.

Ben

this kind of stuff happens all of the time. Publishers give online book retailers info far before the book is ever published. In that period of time *lots* of things can happen. The book can change (title, authors, etc.), it can get delayed, or it can get canceled. The problem is that these orphaned/remnant listing often stay on Amazon, etc for a long time. Amazon doesn't automatically remove them - so they can sit there for quite awhile. The publisher actually has to make the request to have them removed (and sometime the publisher has completely forgotten they are there). I once had an earlier version of one of my books (whose title and series had since changed) sit on amazon for years before the publisher got around to requesting its removal. The book never existed, but it had an listing on amazon.