Thread: aurora and northstar busts

Default aurora and northstar busts

i have looked around and did not see this mentioned.

Bowen has new Aurora and Northstar bust.
    they look great, just bought mine.

http://www.bowendesigns.com/sculptur...?id=424&type=m

long time lurker. figured i would come out of the shadows for this.
    [/left]

"that's hot"

Oh, and welcome kapmat! way to start out on a good note

Ben

I hadn't seen this. Thank you. These will probably be the first (and only)busts I buy in all my life.

The twins look great! Guess I'll have to make more room on top of my low bookcase. With all the other Alpha busts I have, they'll have a lot of company.

My wife says I'm cut off The joys of being broke!

Ben

Those are awesome!

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    My wife says I'm cut off The joys of being broke!

Ben
    I feel your pain, Ben. My wife won't let me have them either. (And for some reason, pouting doesn't seem to work with her)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

I just received my Northstar and Aurora busts today!

They came as a two-pack in a large box, and both are labeled 0775 out of 1500.

They have now joined the other Alphans on top of my low bookcase.
    What a mob scene of Canadian heroes!

Hooray! Yay! Congrats on not having to wait for Christmas!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Mine's in the store! I didn't have the money for them, but they're there!

- Le Messor!
    "!!!"
    - !

just a question though....why are they so much taller than the rest of AF? Are they supposed to be flying? I need to find a way to cut their bases (along with Puck's) to get them into the line up

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Yeah, the tallerness annoyed me, too. (I got mine home yesterday!) And JP looks like Spock!

But, really, I love 'em! And, as soon as Marrina happens, my collection will be complete!
    (At least, of the #1 team...)

- Le Messor
    "Something something something DARK SIDE."
    - The Emperor (via Family Guy) working out he formula for Star Wars dialogue.

Yay, ordered my N&A busts today! I'll probably get them in about a week

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

I got 'em, boy are they tall. They are bizarrely tall. Next to my other Alphabusts, they look silly. I think if I put them in the back behind Vindicator, they will look better.

Anyway, I got #'s 1361/1500 and my LCS guy said that they are now sold out, nice!

I have been entering text from the sides of boxes for other Alphabusts, so here it is for this set. Beneath the text are reproductions of Alpha Flight Classic (why they didn't use AF#1, I have no idea), and the X-Men Annual #1 from 2007 with Aurora and Northstar on the cover, an excellent choice.

Here is the text:

HISTORY

The dawn of the Marvel Mutants was in full swing by the late 1970s, as seen by the emergence of Canada's premiere team of Super-Heroes, Alpha Flight. Contributing to the popularity of Alpha Flight was the lovely Aurora tm and her twin brother Northstar tm (Real Names: Jeanne-Marie and Jean-Paul Beaubier), both of whom made their first appearance in Uncanny X-Men #120 (April 1979).

Orphaned and separated from one another when quite young, the twins grew up in very different surroundings. Little Jeanne-Marie was sent to live at a religious school for girls, where she grew up an introverted and unhappy young woman. Years of suppressing her abilities (superhuman speed and durability, flight, and the ability to generate intense bursts of white light) were brought to an end after Wolverine witnessed her in action. Wolverine encouraged her to meet with James Hudson of Department H., whereupon she was granted membership in Alpha Flight as Aurora tm.

Jean-Paul, after staying with relatives for a time, was sent to a foster home before making his way in the world as a tennager, after which he joined with a terrorist group whose goal was to win independence for Quebec from Canada. After seeing their violent extremes, however, Jean-Paul left the group and embraced skiing as an outlet.

Fate, however, intervened when James Hudson, the leader of Alpha Flight, noticed Jean-Paul's resemblance to Jeanne-Marie. Reuniting with his sister, Jean-Paul took the name Northstar tm and served a lengthy term with the group, where he utilized his incredible super speed and flight, as well as his ability to generate light and energy. Although Alpha Flight may have disbanded, the dazzling duo still shines brightly witin the Marvel Universe, as witnessed in such epics as House of M and Weapon X: Days of Futre Now. Currently, Aurora and Northstar are safe in the company of The X-Men, having recently recovered from a mind-altering confrontation with the Children of the Vault.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com