Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Summer Movie Reviews

Default Summer Movie Reviews

Its that time again. Those wonderfully high budget, things exploding everywhere, and stuff your face with as much popcorn(or Nachos and Cheese for some of us but I digress) summer movie time. Alot of great stuff is coming out this year. Iron Man, Hulk, Batman 2, the long awaited Indiana Jones Movie, and many others. Im going to see Iron Man tonight and Im quite excited about it. I wont reveal any spoilers. But after I see it and the other big blockbusters ill post a small unrevealing review and give it a rating such as this.

I just saw the movie The Ruins and i give it 1 out of 5. So enjoy those summer movies and post your comments here. See you all at the movies!
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

I'm with you on the summer movies. My son is especially eager to see "Iron Man"; and we can't wait to see "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull"!

Im leaving in a couple of hours to go see Iron-Man. For those going to see it. Make sure you stay till the end of the credits for a very special treat. I got a tip from a friend that saw the midnight show to wait till the end. I have no idea what it is but cant wait to find out. God Im such a fanboy

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.

Well I saw Iron Man last night. I really really liked it. Stayed true to the character. The supporting cast was excellent. The special effects rocked. The big suprise after the credits made the people in the theatre go crazy. Overall I give out of 5. Next up is Indiana Jones. Only been waiting 20 years for this one.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Dude!

Thanks for the tip. I hate missing those post-credit things, and I'd not have thought to stay for one in Iron Man.

edit: Don't forget Spiderwick! Also a good movie.

- Le Messor
    "Face it, this isn't the worst thing you've caught me doing..."

Also forget to mention another Comic movie. The Spirit will be haunting theatres this summer as well. I caught the trailer during Iron Man. Its directed my Frank Miller and based on the classic noir hero created by the Will Eisner. It appears to be filmed in the same style as Sin City.

I saw Iron Man Friday night with my boy. I have to say that of all of the superhero movies out there, this one has trandslated the absolute best from drawings and animation to, ahem, "live action". It beats the hell out of the IM animated movie or his apppearances in the Ulimate Avengers. AndRobert Downie Jr. looked like Tony Stark. I never was a big Iron Man fan, but it was like watching the comic.

The Iron Monger was an awesome enemy to put in the movie!

Ummm, can someone pm me regarding the post-credits surprise?

Oh, I don't think that anyone mentioned Hancock yet... the upcoming Wil Smith movie in which he plays a superhero. The trailers look pretty cool!
    "You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

T'Challa, The New Avengers: Illuminati 1

Default post credit surprise

hey, powersurge
    i'm not up on all the lingo for this forum. so i don't know what pm means. but as far as the the post credit surprise. I had a friend tell me to wait and see it. it was worth hanging around for. it was a visit from nick fury pertaining to the subject of the introduction of the Avengers. it was kinda of cool. for they used a black actor to portray him. i was fimiliar with the actor but i can't remeber the actor's name sorry.
    and you were right it was a cool movie, especially the part when he first tested his prototype boots, oouch!
    signed pgreen 1453
    if loving God is a crime. i want to be outlaw.

Hey pgreen1453, welcome to the boards. PM means private message. If you look at the bottom of a post you'll see a button marked "Private Message", click on that and you'll send them a (surprise surprise) private message. And if you're going to post spoiler information could you put up a warning so anyone not wanting know it could skip your post? I'm going to see Iron Man today, but now I know what the big surprise is darn it! No big deal for me though, but others may not like getting it spoiled for them.

Default oops sorry

thanks leguard
    sorry about that. and to anyone else that it spoiled, sorry also. thanks for the info. i'll keep it to memory and do better next time. old dogs can learn new tricks too. hee, hee. it is still an awsome movie. i suggest anyone to go see it. it worth the money, i think. can't wait for the other marvel movies to come out like hulk and ect.
    talk to you guys later,
    pgreen 1453
    if loving God is a crime. i want to be outlaw.

I checked out Iron Man this week as well. If anyone is interested, I write for a website that reviews movies and trailers. Check it out for a full review of the movie with no spoilers.

http://www.virtualinanity.com
    (Average person + Internet Forum + Anonymity = Screaming Douchebag)

"This is why I don't post often, *wink*"

Saw it and I think it was the best Marvel movie ever made... so far. It looked good, the writing was great and the acting was perfect.

I've never really been a fan of Iron Man, but I've heard so much good about this film, I'd really like to see it.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    I've never really been a fan of Iron Man, but I've heard so much good about this film, I'd really like to see it.

Dana
    I never liked him much either, but the film is really good.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Yah, I also am no fan, but want to see the movie. (That nearly happened last night, but we just watche Smallville instead.)

pgreen:
    Welcome aboard.

That thing had already been spoilered for me, so I'm not annoyed.
    You should know, tho', you can edit your old posts; there's an edit button so you can add spoiler space now and nobody need ever know you made your old mistake.
    Like so (note the colour change in the spoiler, highlight to read):
    Spoiler:

Nick Fury is played by Samuel L. Jackson.

- Le Messor
    "Fester... are you willing to make the ultimate sacrifice?"
    - Debbie Jellinsky
    "...a goat?" - Uncle Fester