Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sasquatch a Skrull?

Default Sasquatch a Skrull?

Hadn't really thought about it before, but I just finished New Avengers #40, and on the second to last page a Skrull scientist who apparently engineered the newest version of the Super Skrulls, reveals a list of what he thinks are the best candidates for Skrull replacements. Sasquatch is can be seen at the lower right.

Considering that they never really explained how Walt lived through the deaths of AF while fighting the Collective. I hope it isn't true, but who knows. This is the time when they are revealing alot about who is and isn't a Skrull recently.
    (Average person + Internet Forum + Anonymity = Screaming Douchebag)

"This is why I don't post often, *wink*"

Didn't I just say this in another thread? If he is a Skrull currently, it probably means Walt is dead (again) along with the rest of AF, thanks to the Collective...Sigh.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Didn't I just say this in another thread? If he is a Skrull currently, it probably means Walt is dead (again) along with the rest of AF, thanks to the Collective...Sigh.

Dana
    Or out in space with the rest of Alpha Flight.
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isnt merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower peoples expectations, enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation."

How would Sasquatch have become Tanaraq in Omega Flight if he was a Skrull? Thats about the only evidence I can come up with to the contrary. On the other side of that coin...having Sas as a skrull means he will return with the rest of Alpha Flight on the 2 page spread somewhere in Secret Invasion. They step off the ship Sasquatch included and turn the tide against the Skrulls. They can say that Sas had been replaced as a Skrull after vol.3 but before the team died. With the original team still in space. It was skrull Sas adn the temp copies that died. They can say Skrull Sas survived the collective thing or just simply made another copy of him. Also dont forget Tanaraq did seem a bit underpowered.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfense75
    How would Sasquatch have become Tanaraq in Omega Flight if he was a Skrull? Thats about the only evidence I can come up with to the contrary. On the other side of that coin...having Sas as a skrull means he will return with the rest of Alpha Flight on the 2 page spread somewhere in Secret Invasion. They step off the ship Sasquatch included and turn the tide against the Skrulls. They can say that Sas had been replaced as a Skrull after vol.3 but before the team died. With the original team still in space. It was skrull Sas adn the temp copies that died. They can say Skrull Sas survived the collective thing or just simply made another copy of him. Also dont forget Tanaraq did seem a bit underpowered.
    Tanaraq can and has possessed anyone who takes his form (whether it be Walter, Heather from an alternate Earth or even Snowbird, I doubt Skrulls are excluded).

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfense75
    Tanaraq can and has possessed anyone who takes his form (whether it be Walter, Heather from an alternate Earth or even Snowbird, I doubt Skrulls are excluded).

Dana
    Very good point

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.

I don't know, that shape could be a lot of the characters in the Marvel Universe.

Couldn't a skrull simply change their corporal form to mimic Sasquatch with having to evoke anything in the way of a connection with Tanaraq?

Yea, I was going to say that the head that looks like Sasquatch, could be the old beast or someone else with fur from Marvel. I do agree that is would make things interesting, and I am all for more attention being shifted to OF/AF content for anything Secret Invasion related.

I think there are enough similarities there to make me think that this is meant to be Sasquatch, and not beast or someone else. Still not 100% though, we can only wait and see.
    (Average person + Internet Forum + Anonymity = Screaming Douchebag)

"This is why I don't post often, *wink*"

I don't see the image as being Sasquatch. But of course this is comics so anyone could be a Skrull. Preferably Pointer
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Manikin
    Yea, I was going to say that the head that looks like Sasquatch, could be the old beast or someone else with fur from Marvel. I do agree that is would make things interesting, and I am all for more attention being shifted to OF/AF content for anything Secret Invasion related.

I think there are enough similarities there to make me think that this is meant to be Sasquatch, and not beast or someone else. Still not 100% though, we can only wait and see.
    It doesn't look like the Beast to me (the head shape is all wrong), it does look like Sassy, but it could also be Armadillo (he and Sas have similary-shaped heads).

Dana

True...but if the Skrull intelligence thinks that Armadillo is an important figure than we are so gonna win this war. Yeah I think its Sasquatch as well.

Cobalt Man was a Skrull so it's not like he would be super helpful winning the war.

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Cobalt Man was a Skrull so it's not like he would be super helpful winning the war.
    I am at a loss who is Cobalt Man?