Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Most Likely Future.

Hybrid View

Default The Most Likely Future.

Ok lets assume we are going to get some form of Omega/Alpha Flight ongoing within the year. I know that most of us would want the original Alpha as the roster. But what do you think those wacky powers that be at Marvel have in mind? Will it be the Omega team? The Alpha team? A mix of the both?

Given the strong sales of the Omega series and the story in MCP. I would assume we are going to see a mix of the 2 teams. Will some of the Alphans be brought back from the dead for this roster? Which Omegans do you think will stick?

Now this is not a who do you want. This is try and anticipate who Marvel will pick to comprise the team. Here is my predicted roster.

Sasquatch
    Talisman
    The current Guardian(although this pains me)
    Beta Ray Bill
    Snowbird
    Northstar
    Aurora

I have this sinking feeling that they will not admit the mistake of killing the original roster and try to move on with something else. Will the roster I predicted work? Who knows. If it is the team we see I will read it. But only time will tell if it would work.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

to be honest, i would take that. it would not be the best cae, but i wouldn't mind it.

they probably would throw in arachne and usagnet though.

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    to be honest, i would take that. it would not be the best cae, but i wouldn't mind it.

they probably would throw in arachne and usagnet though.
    I could live with Arachne. USAgent I dont think so. By the time the series rolls around Secret Invasion will be over. The Initiative may very well be gone and USAgents obligation to Canada with it.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

I think they will go one of two ways:

Alpha Flight with Sasquatch, Snowbird, a Guardian, and likely 2-3 more characters.

Omega Flight with Sasquatch, US Agent, Arachne, possibly Talisman, Aurora, Snowbird.

I'd like to see, though, AF with Sasquatch, Guardian, Nemesis, Ghost Girl, and Puck. Given what Marvel seems to be doing.

In any event, I think there's little chance of Pointer being in Flight post-MCP, considering they'd have to retconn out his failures, lack of ability, vampirism, weak will,....
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

At this point, I'd just be happy with an Omega Flight ongoing. Have them first go rescue Beta Ray Bill, then have them do another arc or so, then write out USAgent and slowly start to bring back some of the originals.

I'd keep Arachne...I've always liked the character.
    Where are we going, and why are we in this hand-basket??

I'd like to see Arachne immigrate and naturalize to Canada.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

It might be nice to have a Spider hero in Canada (the States have plenty).

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I think that an Ongoing Omega Flight is what will most likely happen. Marvel put the team together for a reason, and taking into account that this ins't like The Order, it being a team of mostly established characters, they will bring it back.

Pointer/Guardian
    Sassy
    US Agent
    Arachne
    Northstar and Aurora (Since the X-men has been disbanded for now they might have a reason to head back to Canada)
    Talisman
    Probably Beta Ray Bill
    Probably a previously thought dead character... I hope it's Heather. I would be interested to see how she would react to seeing Pointer in her late-late-late-late husbands' costume. It wouldn't be a stretch to bring her back. Her newest suit had some sort of apparent magical properties that were unknown to her. It tapped into the planets geo-thermal power. If they buried her in her costume, which haas been known to happen, maybe her suits magical properties slowly brought her back to life and gave her some sort of mother earth complex. Or some sort of greater understanding of the earth. I miss Heather...
    (Average person + Internet Forum + Anonymity = Screaming Douchebag)

"This is why I don't post often, *wink*"

Quote Originally Posted by Manikin
    I miss Heather...
    Me too...And Puck...And Shaman.

Sigh....

USAgent is such a lame knockoff of Cap America, oh way there is a silly thor knockoff and a Spidey knock off

surely we deserve better than this bunch of rip off clones defending Canada ?

Quote Originally Posted by Talisinbear
    USAgent is such a lame knockoff of Cap America, oh way there is a silly thor knockoff and a Spidey knock off

surely we deserve better than this bunch of rip off clones defending Canada ?
    Yes you do...The team line-up was clearly influenced by editorial to be a more Avengers-ish team ("international"), because they apparently don't believe a team full of Canadians will sell.

Dana

i'd really hate to admit this, but i am actually starting to like usagent. i already liked arachne from the omega mini, but walker is starting to grow on me. please don't hate me.

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    i'd really hate to admit this, but i am actually starting to like usagent. i already liked arachne from the omega mini, but walker is starting to grow on me. please don't hate me.
    Me too. I have said it before, but I like USAgent a lot more than the original Cap. He is harder and less of a wuss when it comes to the hard choices. I mean, come on...he cusses. One could only really say that he is a Cap knockoff if they don't know anything about the characters past. I would suggest reading his wiki or space on the marveldatabase.com

The same goes for Beta Ray Bill. He isn't a knock off, but actually a fairly deep and interesting character. The only one on the team right now that I am still on the fence about is Pointer. I think I like him, but I might just like the idea of someone wearing the Guardian suit again instead. Hard to say right now. I am looking forward to Incredible Herc 117 to see what he is all about in that issue.
    (Average person + Internet Forum + Anonymity = Screaming Douchebag)

"This is why I don't post often, *wink*"

I still despise U.S. Agent and Pointer...And I don't feel they belong in Canada...Period.

Dana

What do I think the future will hold for Alpha/Omega Flight?

Nuff said.