Thread: Omega Flight: The Search for Beta Ray Bill

Default Omega Flight: The Search for Beta Ray Bill

Ok talk about selfish . Why oh why has no one gone to save him? He heroically sacrifices himself into the Realm of the Beasts and Omega leaves him there.

Instead of the current MCP story developing one bad character. I would much rather have seen the rest of Omega adventuring into the Realm of the Beasts to save BRB.

Thats a story that could build a team. Going to "hell" and back to save a comrade is what being a team is about. Heck we could even leave Mailman Mike there in exchange.

Perhaps this would have been an Oeming story had the series continued. But its a story that I think has potential and would have been better served keeping fan interest about the book as opposed to the current one.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

going into the realm to get BRB is fine but the fact that they are underpowered and not used to each other is another against the Great Beast. Plus, its an ongoing thing for Alpha/Omega to forget about missing members

Quote Originally Posted by mos_def
    going into the realm to get BRB is fine but the fact that they are underpowered and not used to each other is another against the Great Beast. Plus, its an ongoing thing for Alpha/Omega to forget about missing members
    Thats exactly my point. A baptism by fire if you will. Throw them up against impossible odds and force them to work as a team to save a friend. Its a moment like that that can define them as a team.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.

i totally agree, i think i stated the same thing in some other thread. the first arc should undoubtedly be the search for brb.

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    i totally agree, i think i stated the same thing in some other thread. the first arc should undoubtedly be the search for brb.
    I'm sorry Varo didn't realize or remember you posted something similar.

They dont even really know BRB. I wouldnt go. I know Northstar wouldnt go cuz he said so when he got recruited by Jean Grey to save Xavier in Genosha. It would be crazy

Quote Originally Posted by mos_def
    They dont even really know BRB. I wouldnt go. I know Northstar wouldnt go cuz he said so when he got recruited by Jean Grey to save Xavier in Genosha. It would be crazy
    They would go because they are heroes and thats what heroes do. He sacrificed himself on their behalf. For that reason alone they would go.

Tell that to Jeffries, Diamond Lil, Northstar, Aurora, and Wildchild. They might not know they were missing but Alpha has always done it. When Puck took out the DreamQueen did Alpha say, we have to find Puck; No they didnt. They recruited Manikin and Purplegirl.

Its not the 80s comics era no more. No one is Mr boyscout. They all have secrets now. Plus, I would feel mighty uncomfortable with USAgent going into the realm.

If you want to run the tragic hero thing were they die to stop something (like 300) thats all well and good but people forget dead heroes. Its the live ones the talk about

Quote Originally Posted by Dfense75
    Quote Originally Posted by varo
    I'm sorry Varo didn't realize or remember you posted something similar.
    nope, just pointed it out because i agree so much.

According to JMS at the Emerald City Comicon, BRB should be appearing in Thor some time in the future:
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=16376

Wonder how he escaped?

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

In my day, the Alphans would never go to Hell, or the realm of the Great Beasts (the GBs? The Heebie geebies? Agh! Run! Or is that the Heebee BeeGees? Saturday Night fever night fever night fever...) to save a fallen comrade. Especially a big one. A big, super-strong one. A big, super-strong, orange animali--

ferget it.

- Le Messor
    "Few people can be happy unless they hate some other person, nation or creed."
    - Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    (the GBs? The Heebie geebies? Agh! Run! Or is that the Heebee BeeGees? Saturday Night fever night fever night fever...)
    Oookay, time for Mik to take his meds and go nappy-bye like a GOOD little psychopath! There we go!! Ni'night, our sweet little caffiene addict!
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

mai hands are huge...