Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wolverine: First Class #5 Cover...

awesome. i haven't seen snowbird use that power since vol.1 issue 2. or was it 3?

either way, awesome. fred is really showing his love for snowbird.

Well, I just bought Wolverine First Class #5, and all I can say is, "It really is first class!"

The gorgeous artwork by Clayton Henry, the excellent story by Fred van Lente.... now this is Alpha as it was meant be! This is the AF book that Vols. 2 and 3 should have been.

Snowbird fans, (such as I am), will especially love seeing her using her post-cognitive vision twice in this story. (And using it in her animal forms? Nice way to expand her powers, Fred.) Also, seeing Birdie as a mouse, (plus Aurora's funny reaction to that).

If Alpha Flight gets a volume 4, then I hope we get Fred van Lente as the writer and Clayton Henry as the artist. Now that would be a dream team.

Quote Originally Posted by birdygirl
    Well, I just bought Wolverine First Class #5, and all I can say is, "It really is first class!"

The gorgeous artwork by Clayton Henry, the excellent story by Fred van Lente.... now this is Alpha as it was meant be! This is the AF book that Vols. 2 and 3 should have been.

Snowbird fans, (such as I am), will especially love seeing her using her post-cognitive vision twice in this story. (And using it in her animal forms? Nice way to expand her powers, Fred.) Also, seeing Birdie as a mouse, (plus Aurora's funny reaction to that).

If Alpha Flight gets a volume 4, then I hope we get Fred van Lente as the writer and Clayton Henry as the artist. Now that would be a dream team.
    I agree...And if it's the original team (or a close approximation of it)...It would give Clayton the job he wanted when he was hired for Vol. 3....Drawing an Alpha Flight series with original AF.

I can't see them actually keeping Mac, Heather, Puck and Shaman dead...What would be the purpose...They almost never kill off founding members to any team. How long have the founders of the FF, Avengers or the X-Men been killed off for?

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I enjoyed the issue, but technically shouldn't Snowbird turned into a large version of a goat and rat?

All and all, great story, and nice little tie-in with existing history.

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    ...but technically shouldn't Snowbird turned into a large version of a goat and rat?
    Meh, when you're a demigod the conservation of matter doesn't necessarily apply (tho, when she turned into a swarm of mosquitoes very early in AFv.1, THAT was cool!)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Meh, when you're a demigod the conservation of matter doesn't necessarily apply (tho, when she turned into a swarm of mosquitoes very early in AFv.1, THAT was cool!)
    It did in the past, as that's why she turned into over-sized animals and it's mentioned in the bios. *shrugs*

Oh well it's not like it's a big deal, as it was pretty cool actually

John Byrne had her turn into a normal sized Actic Hare in Vol. 1.

Dana

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

Just finished #5. And oh boy was it a cool story and a clever lead-in to Giant Size X-Men #1. Since this was early on in their formation I'm not too bothered by Aurora's teasing of Snowbird. This was an overall fun issue with beautiful bright art. And I loved the history and political lessons Logan was teaching Kitty. Made this Canadian's heart proud.Bravo Fred!
    An Alpha Flight First Class title please. Heck I'll even take a mini-series. If I can't have one in the current Marvel U, I'll take one set in the past.
    The world is NOT getting more Alpha Flight! Tweet me you twits! @DaVeO52

I would also be happy to have an AF story set in the past, if it's as good as this one. (Their present life is a mess as it is.)

BTW, I take back what I said about Snowbird's feud with Aurora. The bickering didn't last that long, and by the end of the issue, they were working together quite nicely. Did you see how sympathetic Snowbird was to Wolverine by the end of the story?

I liked Wolverine's leadership of the team in this story. It gives us a good idea of what would have happened if he had stayed on as AF leader.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67

Dana
    I kinda remember that, what issue was that?

LOL...Good question...I know she transforms from the hare into her human form to speak with Doug Thompson and it's out in the wilderness somewhere...I just don't recall which issue #. I'd have to check through al of them....But I'm at work.

Dana

LOL...Good question...I know she transforms from the hare into her human form to speak with Doug Thompson and it's out in the wilderness somewhere...I just don't recall which issue #. I'd have to check through al of them....But I'm at work.

Dana
    Found it, it was from AF #18

Cool...Thanks KM.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi

Dana
    I kinda remember that, what issue was that?
    Issue 18 (v1), page 10. Man, I've probably read that issue more than any other and it's been burned into my brain. It's the same issue as the Scrambled Egg Monster!
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Ah yes...Egg-celent!

Dana