Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Wolverine: First Class #5 Cover...

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Why does FVL keep writing a feud between Birdie and JM, tho'? It's not from the originals, but isn't it both here and in the Iron Man bit?

- Le Messor
    "Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it."

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Wolverine: 1st Class, Iron Man adv., & Incredible Hercul

I like how Fred Van Lente (and Greg Pak in Incredible Hercules) treat the Alpha Flight characters. FVL has given Snowbird depth of personality while keeping her duty-bound yet not-too-chummy [just got W:1C# 5 today]. A bit of friction between Snowbird and the less-serious Aurora seems right to me. It doesn't stop them from accomplishing their mission, thank goodness.

Henry Clayton proves once again that he is an excellent choice to illustrate the Alpha Flight characters. I like the artwork in IH, too. BTW, Snowbird and Hercules makes way more sense than Snowbird and Yukon Jack. IMHO.

I don't know what MARVEL plans for Alpha Flight or Omega Flight, but I hope MARVEL decides to publish more good stories like the ones Fred Van Lente has been doing.

Not so disgruntled, today.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Images

I finally got this one! Yay!

First, I really like Alan Davis' style, and wish he'd been the artist on this issue.

Minor nitpicks: Wasn't the guy whose tie got cut named 'Chasen'?
    Can Snowbird really become goats? Or mice, for that matter? (Both exist in Canada, I'm shurrr, but they're not native).
    I got confused on the first read about the captions; didn't realise who was talking to who.

Good reference to First Flight (shows actual knowledge!) -- and they're on the farm. I liked them getting Shaman into the costume.
    We have G-Gs here, too, so it was nice to see that explained for Americans and other creatures of the last days. (Good Omens reference, there.)
    I like Logan's 'Hocus pocus' teasing.
    And Aurora slipping into French.

I keep a reprint of Gt Sized X-Men 1 in my Alpha Flight section--I'll put this one there.
    Overall, good issue.

They got Snowbird's eyes right!

Also, who's 'Stephane Peru'? (See the 'Thor' ad).

- Le Messor
    "Experiments should be reproducible. They should all fail in the same way."

There are no mice in Canada or in the arctic? Goat's I'm not so sure of (mountain goats, maybe http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_goat ).

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    There are no mice in Canada or in the arctic? Goat's I'm not so sure of (mountain goats, maybe http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_goat ).

Dana
    Mice, voles and most other rodents are native to Canada, but domestic goats are not (mountain goats are, obviously)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    Minor nitpicks: Wasn't the guy whose tie got cut named 'Chasen'?
    Yup. I seem to remember Aurora flipping out when she was called Jean-Marie (and vice-versa) in the Byrne issues so I was a bit surprised she didn't care here.

Images

Yeah, Jeanne-Marie definitely ran from Guardian when he called her 'Aurora' in #4.

- LM
    "Idiot! Even after explaining her problem to you I instinctively called her "Aurora". Exactly the wrong thing to do."
    - Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by SasqFan
    Yup. I seem to remember Aurora flipping out when she was called Jean-Marie (and vice-versa) in the Byrne issues so I was a bit surprised she didn't care here.
    Obviously at this point in time, Aurora did not feel threatened by Jean-Marie.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.