Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Secret Invasion relating to Alpha

Default Thoughts on Secret Invasion relating to Alpha

Knowing how the team always gets screwed over, would it suprise anyone if they made Walt the lone survivor a Skrull and/or retcon Mac dying as a Skrull himself and he really didnt come back (over and over again).
    Or worst yet, Skrulls didnt find any use for the great north and Alpha really did die. I would actually take the later as more of an insult since Marvel made Skrulls infiltrate all of Marvel except Alpha

If the people at Marvel were smart, they (Bendis and Q and Brevoort) would've had the brains to say, "well, when we killed off AF by the Collective, either Skrulls took over the space AF going to Plodex, or Pointer is a Skrull."

Maybe Bendis, who has said often that he's been planning the Secret Skrull Invasion for years, killed AF not to make Pointer seem relevant, but as a stepping-stone in the Skrull invasion. Someone should ask him on his board.

Otherwise, I really doubt Skrull war will have anything to do with Flight, at all. A lot of people have posted other places about the inconsistency of the Skrulls only attacking the U.S. and maybe Britain.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

there is nothing i want more than the original alphans to walk off one of those skrull ships and say "are we back on earth?'

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    If the people at Marvel were smart, they (Bendis and Q and Brevoort) would've had the brains to say, "well, when we killed off AF by the Collective, either Skrulls took over the space AF going to Plodex, or Pointer is a Skrull."

Maybe Bendis, who has said often that he's been planning the Secret Skrull Invasion for years, killed AF not to make Pointer seem relevant, but as a stepping-stone in the Skrull invasion. Someone should ask him on his board.

Otherwise, I really doubt Skrull war will have anything to do with Flight, at all. A lot of people have posted other places about the inconsistency of the Skrulls only attacking the U.S. and maybe Britain.
    I agree....It's incredibly stupid and short-sighted to ignore Canada, Russia, China and all the other big nations with teams of Superhumans...The Skrulls would definitely have infiltrated Alpha Flight as well...Especially since it was a government-run super team (just like the Avengers is in the U.S.)

However...Being stupid and short-sighted is what Marvel seems to be doing best, lately.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Who knows it's still early, for all we know Canada and the rest of the world may have a part

Issue #1 had the Skrulls starting their attack on the US

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    there is nothing i want more than the original alphans to walk off one of those skrull ships and say "are we back on earth?'
    That would be great...Puck, Heather, Mac and Shaman all alive and back on Earth...Sigh.

I haven't picked up the Secret Invasion first issue, so I have questions, I hope somebody can please answer them...

How the heck are Earthlings just walking off of Skrull ships (I've heard this on another Message Board too) if the invasion is still in effect?...Have the Skrulls been defeated already?

You can answer with spoiler space or whatever, but I'm just very curious how this makes any kind of sense.

Dana

SPOILER:

A Skrull ship crash lands in the Savage Land. Both Avengers teams end up on scene, then the ship opens and a bunch of copies emerge

http://images.wizarduniverse.com/Wiz...n/sispread.jpg

The Skrulls begin their invasion doing a tech shutdown of important things using an "alien virus." Which shuts down most of Stark's bases, SHIELD, SWORD, and even his armor

It's also revealed Jarvis, Dum Dum Dugan, Invisable Woman, and Hank Pym are Skrulls and when ever the Skrulls do anything they keep repeating ("He Loves You"). Basically, the invasion has started and it's all about to go to hell

END SPOILER

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    SPOILER:

A Skrull ship crash lands in the Savage Land. Both Avengers teams end up on scene, then the ship opens and a bunch of copies emerge

http://images.wizarduniverse.com/Wiz...n/sispread.jpg

The Skrulls begin their invasion doing a tech shutdown of important things using an "alien virus." Which shuts down most of Stark's bases, SHIELD, SWORD, and even his armor

It's also revealed Jarvis, Dum Dum Dugan, Invisable Woman, and Hank Pym are Skrulls and when ever the Skrulls do anything they keep repeating ("He Loves You"). Basically, the invasion has started and it's all about to go to hell

END SPOILER
    Um....From that page, it appears the Skrulls' intel on what heroes are currently active, as well as the current appearances of some heroes...Is really off. What's this "He loves you" stuff????

Dana

Well the thing is, we don't know if those people are the real versions and the Mighty/New Avengers are Skrulls or what. As Black Bolt has been a Skrull since the first Kree/Skrull war, which happened many year ago. It's meant to cause confusion as who is the real who.

The "He loves you" has yet to be explained

If the people getting off the ship are the real people, then doesn't that screw up "Brand New Day" et al for Spider-Man??

And it would seem to indicate that either AF is on a Skrull ship or the Skrulls killed AF, so Pointer is a Skrull.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Ok..I looked over that splash page, and I honestly have to say that if those are the -real- heroes coming off of that ship, then it just ensures that I will never pick up another Marvel title again in my life.
    Where are we going, and why are we in this hand-basket??

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic
    Ok..I looked over that splash page, and I honestly have to say that if those are the -real- heroes coming off of that ship, then it just ensures that I will never pick up another Marvel title again in my life.
    I agree with you, Mystic...It would be shady beyond shady for Marvel to say that any of those disembarking heroes (looking as they do in their out of date costumes, etc...) are the real deals. Some examples from the page: Wolverine in his original Department H/Weapon X (first appearance) costume, Invisible Woman (or is it "Invisible Girl" here?) in her original FF uniform, Beast pre-cat form ( even though, I'd love to see that stupid cat-look go), Ms. Marvel/Carol Danvers in her original outfit, Jewel/Jessica Jones (blech) in her super duds, etc...etc...

Even if they're saying that Black Bolt has been a Skrull since the Kree/Skrull wars is a hard kick to the privates for every Inhuman fan who has enjoyed all the stories after said war. It really makes no flipping sense to have any replacements go back that far (not to mention, the multitudes of fans that would be pissed at Marvel).

Dana

P.S. Thank you muchly Mungi, for the info.

Ah...I get it (I think)....

Spoilers...

In the Wizard interview with Bendis, he indicates the phrase "He loves you." that the Skrulls use just before they commit sabotage (or even before what appears to be Kamikaze-style going out with a bang)...Has some sort of a religious connotation. I'm guessing this is where the Skrull God or gods come into play OR it could be a Skrull Emperor they are referring to.

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/040308si1commentary.html

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Ah...I get it (I think)....

Spoilers...

In the Wizard interview with Bendis, he indicates the phrase "He loves you." that the Skrulls use just before they commit sabotage (or even before what appears to be Kamikaze-style going out with a bang)...Has some sort of a religious connotation. I'm guessing this is where the Skrull God or gods come into play OR it could be a Skrull Emperor they are referring to.

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/040308si1commentary.html
    Yes, and this is where Snowbird comes in as Hercules puts together the "God Squad" to counter/battle the Skrull Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Even if they're saying that Black Bolt has been a Skrull since the Kree/Skrull wars is a hard kick to the privates for every Inhuman fan who has enjoyed all the stories after said war. It really makes no flipping sense to have any replacements go back that far (not to mention, the multitudes of fans that would be pissed at Marvel).
    Yeppers, that's why a lot of BB fans got pissed, as basically majority of BB's stories are pointless now.