Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thoughts on Secret Invasion relating to Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by mos_def
    I also have high suspicions that Walt is a Skrull. I think he would be the first Alpha target since he did fight Super Skrull way back in vol1.
    He didnt recruit the other Alphans in vol3 cuz he didnt know how to respond to them so he in turn recruited people that didnt know him and got Nemesis controlled by an implant.
    Who do I trust
    It aint Walt
    Although that would tie up a lot of loose ends, Mos, I got one small problem with that: Walt's (and later Narya's) body are tied to the Great Beast Tanaraq. I doubt that a Skrull's shapeshifting ability would be THAT precise. Not to meantion, it's been said ad nauseum that the Skrulls can only take on the shape of someone else, but, due to the laws of conservation of matter, they would still weigh the same regardless of their volume, and thus, would have a hard time simulating enhansed strength to the level of Sasquatch. And since Sasquatch was both recently taken over (again) by Tanaraq in Omega, as well as having used his extreme strength. My vote is (unless they have altered how a Skrull physiology, which wouldn't surprise me) that Walt is Walt, and not a green-skinned alien with severely corregated chins....
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    I also have high suspicions that Walt is a Skrull. I think he would be the first Alpha target since he did fight Super Skrull way back in vol1.
    He didnt recruit the other Alphans in vol3 cuz he didnt know how to respond to them so he in turn recruited people that didnt know him and got Nemesis controlled by an implant.
    Who do I trust
    It aint Walt
    Although that would tie up a lot of loose ends, Mos, I got one small problem with that: Walt's (and later Narya's) body are tied to the Great Beast Tanaraq. I doubt that a Skrull's shapeshifting ability would be THAT precise. Not to meantion, it's been said ad nauseum that the Skrulls can only take on the shape of someone else, but, due to the laws of conservation of matter, they would still weigh the same regardless of their volume, and thus, would have a hard time simulating enhansed strength to the level of Sasquatch. And since Sasquatch was both recently taken over (again) by Tanaraq in Omega, as well as having used his extreme strength. My vote is (unless they have altered how a Skrull physiology, which wouldn't surprise me) that Walt is Walt, and not a green-skinned alien with severely corregated chins....
    I don't know...It seems anyone who takes on Tanaraq's form is at risk of possession (Snowbird has even made mention of it)...A Skrull would be in danger of it too. The Super Skrull is stronger than the Thing...Another Super Skrull (one of the X-Super Skrulls) has Colossus's srength...So I see no problem with them not being able to replicate Sassy's strength.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Super Skrull did have the strngth of the Thing and I think they are on par.
    I will say it again, Gentry probably thought of it and went underground with Manbot.

I also think Ben is a Skrull
    LoL
    hahahahahaha

Thinking about it, Walt and Mac would be targets for the Skrulls. Walt beating SuperSkrull ranks him on the Skrull hit list and Mac basically tied Galactus. The Skrulls know how powerful Galactus is and so overlooking 2 individuals that knocked Galactus and SuperSkrull out would be short sided on Marvel. Like what has anyone in Great Britain done compared to Alpha. I also think that the Winterguard from Russia have enough power to warrant consideration from the Skrulls.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    does anyone watch the new battlestar galactica series? this is not exactly a new concept.
    I was just thinking that.

We skipped the light fandango, did cartwheels across the floor...

Sas, being a shapeshifter, would be a natural for a skrull to imitate.
    This is pure speculation. I am not sharing inside knowledge.

- Le Messor
    "Faith goes out through the window when beauty comes in at the door."

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    does anyone watch the new battlestar galactica series? this is not exactly a new concept.

And they are all a rip off of Invasion of the Body Snatchers.
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isnt merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower peoples expectations, enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation."

I will say it again, Gentry probably thought of it and went underground with Manbot.

LoL
    hahahahahaha
    As far as I can recall, Super Skrull was given the FF's powers, but his power levels were superior to theirs.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67

LoL
    hahahahahaha
    As far as I can recall, Super Skrull was given the FF's powers, but his power levels were superior to theirs.

Dana
    Actually the power lvl has fluctuated over the years. But never more then their own. It has been equal and just under but always with the limitaion of using 2 of the powers at once.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfense75
    Actually the power lvl has fluctuated over the years. But never more then their own. It has been equal and just under but always with the limitaion of using 2 of the powers at once.
    Uh no...Now ya'll made me go and look it up...

His powers were originally more powerful than the combined FF's powers, due to a ray directed to Earth from his homeworld.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super-Skrull

http://www.geocities.com/marvel_vill...ll/skrull.html

...And check the All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel U (2006) A-Z (#11 of 12)...It's right there in his origin (just as it is in both entries above).

Best.

Dana

I stand corrected =D
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

I have to say, this is one of the more interesting threads we have had here since OF went t#ts up.
    So, on that level, Marvel's Secret Invasion is working.
    As to what will happen...we think/know/believe that Marvel has some sort of plans "in the works" for Flight, whether it be Alpha or Omega we know not.
    So, we have hope that Marvel could be doing some interesting things with Flight's past, present, and future in Sectre Invasion.
    And, if not, at least it got us all talking about it!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/