Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible Northstar Appearance?

Default Possible Northstar Appearance?

In the upcoming X-Menivided We Stand #1...

yup, looks like JP to me...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Hah that picture of Cyclops is from the original Handbook to the Marvel Universe. Its his original X-Factor uniform. Good to see JP lets hope in a rush to make it to the new Alpha Flight comic premiere
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

I'm happy to see JP again, thrilled, but what the Bendis is with the whole, "fast running dude" thing? Northstar is supposed to be a flyer, a fast flyer, who flies. In the air. Up, up and away, that sort of thing. Why do writers insist on making him into a fast Whizzer/Quiksilver/Flash-type runner? I don't get it, why run around obstacles, up and down hills, over rough terrain, etc., when one can fly above it all? It's just weird, like they don't get who he is supposed to be. You never see Aurora as "fast running chick," so what's with all the running around and dust clouds behind him?

I remember JP like this:

And his powers aren't: "runs real fast", they are: "Flight, Super-speed." Oh, well it's just one page we see here. Maybe he will fly in another page.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Well I guess this is our Northstar news, wonder what will come of it

It's not JP for sure, and this isn't what the news is, merely part of a short New X-Men story.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    It's not JP for sure, and this isn't what the news is, merely part of a short New X-Men story.
    Well, it's a good thing I didn't go on some rant about it all

I would have felt pretty dumb if I had done that.

It begs the question: who is that fast running guy if it's not JP?

Love,
    rplass

The white on the persons jacket really reminds me of Northstar's costume. I would be suprized if it wasn't him.

Yeah, that's why I posted it.
    It fits in that the story is about one of the pupils in his group whilst he was a mentor at Xaviers, hence me listing it as possible...

Default Confirmed

It's JP. That's been confirmed on the Comic Book Resources interview with the X-editors, along with another confirmation that there are future plans for him.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=13091

At WWLA, it was promised that Northstar and Firestar would return. Any hints as to when that might happen? And Dazzler's returning! Why now (and which costume – no headbands, please…)?

LOWE: I don't remember anyone promising that Firestar would be showing up in "X-Men." Northstar's next appearance is in "X-Men: Divided We Stand" #1 (check it out!) and we have been talking about him for future plans. As for Dazzler, what's wrong with headbands?

Default Re: Confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab
    It's JP. That's been confirmed on the Comic Book Resources interview with the X-editors, along with another confirmation that there are future plans for him.
    As I was saying... I'm very happy to see JP. Who cares if he's running around or flying? It doesn't matter to me, not one bit! Just as long as he's back, and I'm psyched about the "future plans", too.

Love,
    rplass

At least he's not dead....Or a zombie assassin for the Hand...or a Skrull...Well, that's yet to be determined.

I'd much rather have him involved in an Alpha project...He hasn't been used well in the X-Books (more like neglected and abused).

Dana :P
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    (more like neglected and abused).

Dana :P
    Hey, maybe JP's some sort of fetishist who LIKES being neglected and abused! Wouldn't be the first! (Take a look at the original X-Force - they spent most of their early lives under the hand of Rob Liefeld. After that, you'd have to have an abuse fetish just to get up in the morning!)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Default Re: Confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahab
    As I was saying... I'm very happy to see JP. Who cares if he's running around or flying? It doesn't matter to me, not one bit! Just as long as he's back, and I'm psyched about the "future plans", too.

Love,
    rplass
    Unfortunately he seems to be being drawn by someone with an Anime fetish and an unhealthy fixation on Duncan Roulleau (sp). Still as long as he's high profile to some degree, it's good.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!