Thread: What If? Puck got retconned

Default What If? Puck got retconned

Provided they bring the character back with the rest of our beloved Alphans. I think we might see some retcon action to clean up some of the mess. Assuming this all happens. A big assumption I know. How would you all feel if Puck's origin was reverted back to him just being a dwarf and not housing a demon? Personally I like the John Byrne origin better and would not mind that change at all. How about you?
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

One of those things to think about. Him being just a dwarf with amazing strength and agility and an excellent strategist/leader makes good sense.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    One of those things to think about. Him being just a dwarf with amazing strength and agility and an excellent strategist/leader makes good sense.
    Well I dont think the character needs amazing strength. What set him apart was how unique and entertaining he was. The demon inside inside origin would explain the stregnth as would the condensed rubber thing. but I IMO i like him how he was first presented.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

Default they technically already did. didn't they?

i may be mistaken. but didn't they already do that. 1) didn't they get rid of the demon permently from him at the well of darkness that loki tricked alpha flight with? 2) and then wasn't puck permentently made a solid condensed dwarf when they found him at the master's hideout were he was shrunked permently as a dwarf in the building blocks storyline? please correct me if i am wrong.
    pgreen1453
    if loving God is a crime. i want to be outlaw.

Default Re: they technically already did. didn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by pgreen1453
    i may be mistaken. but didn't they already do that. 1) didn't they get rid of the demon permently from him at the well of darkness that loki tricked alpha flight with? 2) and then wasn't puck permentently made a solid condensed dwarf when they found him at the master's hideout were he was shrunked permently as a dwarf in the building blocks storyline? please correct me if i am wrong.
    pgreen1453
    Your not mistaken. I think people just feel that as he was first presented was the best. Sticking Razaar in him and then giving him super strength diminished him as a character. I will say that out of all the stupid things done to Alpha by post Byrne writers, Puck having a demon in him is probably in the top five, but as super condensed man, not even in the top ten.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

When Byrne was there, I always read Puck as a funny short dude that could tussle.
    Then we found out about Razar (which I didnt mind cuz Marvel used the character again to hack what was left of Freedom Force at the time) The thing I hated about that period was that Puck was always in pain (understandbly) but what bothered me even more was that he was so unsure of himself. He would say, 'How can a dwarf fight for the woman he loved.' or 'Did he attack me last cuz I am the weakest Alphan.'; To me was not in his character at all.
    I thought how Seagle wrote him in vol2 was more to the Byrne direction.

Also, he was condensed by the Master

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Re: What If? Puck got retconned

Quote Originally Posted by Dfense75
    Provided they bring the character back with the rest of our beloved Alphans. I think we might see some retcon action to clean up some of the mess. Assuming this all happens. A big assumption I know. How would you all feel if Puck's origin was reverted back to him just being a dwarf and not housing a demon? Personally I like the John Byrne origin better and would not mind that change at all. How about you?
    Puck had more true heart than just about anybody. He doesn't need the demon-origin, he doesn't have to be "tall". Just a tough guy who has an open mind, a love of adventure, and a sense of duty to country.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

I liked Puck as a compacted hero (Master's upgrade), but I would definetly take Razzar being retconned out over it anyday

anything that happened in vol 1 I can take. Retcon vol 3

I'm for keeping the condensed version and never seeing the Razor elements mentioned again.
    Even retconning that one is giving it more credit than it deserves.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    I'm for keeping the condensed version and never seeing the Razor elements mentioned again.
    Even retconning that one is giving it more credit than it deserves.
    I agree with Jeff. I'd rather just keep the status quo, but ignore further mentioning of Razaar.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Sounds good to me too. Future Alpha writers should really just ignore Razer all together.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!