Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Alpha Flight

Oh, I'm not too worried yet about UAF. We may get explanations and the characters may be written well.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

They might be written very well, but I agree with cmdrkoenig67 with UAF looks silly. All though I do like Snowbird's new look

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Does her mother have genes? As far as her appearance, she totally could have chosen to look like a First Nations woman, she is a shape-shifter after all.
    I'm sure she has a form of DNA, even Thor and Odin do but no way am I'm going to try to explain how God/Goddess can have kids.

Well even as a baby she was always the blonde
    That's what I'm saying (the Gods of the North are mostly in spirit form, anyway)...Maybe when Shaman bound her to Canada and a human form and the only human genes she had were her father's, so she instinctively took a form (as a baby) that used those genes. Not to mention, look at the form her mother took, when she wanted Eastman to mate with her (a blonde, white woman), not that the form she took may have mattered in genetics.

The Gods of the North aren't human (they only take humanoid form), they are extra-dimensional alien beings...Maybe they only look Native American/Inuit, because that's how the first people that they encountered looked.
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

As far as the way Alpha is written?

http://comics.ign.com/articles/874/874171p1.html

Looks pretty bad to me...Already we have a team who has attacked one of the X-Men (Iceman) and yet Vindicator says "We don't have a fight with you" (paraphrased)...Again, Alpha is written as heavy-handed bullies (just as they were in their original X-Men appearances)...Nothing new.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I still can't get Aurora's tube top out of my head.

Beyond the whole, "how does it stay on?" thing, wouldn't the opening in the front catch the air as she flew? If she were going real fast, it would and , wouldn't it?

It seems a poor choice of costume for a fast flyer, especially for a woman shaped like JM.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    I still can't get Aurora's tube top out of my head.
    Have you tried Vaseline?

Why's Shaman in leather? (It looks cool, just not in character.)

I keep 'reading' Vindy's maple leaf 'backwards' as a white M, not a red leaf. Even when I know what it is.
    Maybe they're landing lights?

Sas reminds me of something... Fantasy troll? I don't know.

I've never been a fan of the Ultimate Universe (UU), and this isn't converting me.

- Le Messor
    "Fidelity: A virtue peculiar to those who are about to be betrayed."

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    That's what I'm saying (the Gods of the North are mostly in spirit form, anyway)...Maybe when Shaman bound her to Canada and a human form and the only human genes she had were her father's, so she instinctively took a form (as a baby) that used those genes. Not to mention, look at the form her mother took, when she wanted Eastman to mate with her (a blonde, white woman), not that the form she took may have mattered in genetics.

The Gods of the North aren't human (they only take humanoid form), they are extra-dimensional alien beings...Maybe they only look Native American/Inuit, because that's how the first people that they encountered looked.
    The Hercules series is showing them to have more a humanoid form rather then mostly being spirit, but it's kinda hard and silly to actually debate about genetics with a God having a child. Which mind you I wasn't debating the first place, I was talking more of a story point as being a Native American Goddess would make sense if she looked similar to her kin, but it's not a huge deal

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor

Why's Shaman in leather? (It looks cool, just not in character.)

Sas reminds me of something... Fantasy troll? I don't know.
    "
    i kinda of like shaman's look, to be honest....(and it's the only one), besides, for what is concerning Sasquatch, it reminds me of a ix of a troll, a very evil and wild sasquatch and, i don't know why, but in the moemnt isa w this, it came in my mind bachalo's design for Sabretooth...

I came back to life through an ocean of fire, flames passion and glory....

Just to backtrack a little, I saw the panels,( with words), from Incredible Herciles #117. It just blew me away! Glad to see Birdie getting the credit from the Arctic gods for her conquering the Great Beasts. Can't wait to see the rest of the issue! Thanks, Mokole!

U.Shaman looks like Turok

Quote Originally Posted by birdygirl
    Just to backtrack a little, I saw the panels,( with words), from Incredible Herciles #117. It just blew me away! Glad to see Birdie getting the credit from the Arctic gods for her conquering the Great Beasts. Can't wait to see the rest of the issue! Thanks, Mokole!
    Gosh, you're welcome! Nice to see van Lente calling out Snowbird as a big hitter.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Sasquatch?

Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

SPOILERS

Well this isn't our Alpha Flight that's for sure:
    -AF easily defeats the X-Men
    -Snowbird has ice/weather powers
    -Sasquatch has a history with Rogue as she touched him before, but she doesn't know who it is
    -Shaman is a mutant and easily defeats Cyclops and Havok
    -Aurora can move faster then light and can steal speed away from people
    -Well it definetly was a "different" take, guess we have to wait and see where this goes

END SPOILERS

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    SPOILERS

Well this isn't our Alpha Flight that's for sure:
    -AF easily defeats the X-Men
    -Snowbird has ice/weather powers
    -Sasquatch has a history with Rogue as she touched him before, but she doesn't know who it is
    -Shaman is a mutant and easily defeats Cyclops and Havok
    -Aurora can move faster then light and can steal speed away from people
    -Well it definetly was a "different" take, guess we have to wait and see where this goes

END SPOILERS

Me like. It breaks the mold of thikning about AF that most people have so I like the variations.
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isnt merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower peoples expectations, enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation."

Oh and their also junkies....