Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Alpha Flight

Sasquatch looks awful, and Vindicator is a christmas tree

Kinda like Shaman, Snowbird and Sunfire designs, but that's about it.

I agree with both of you, and want to add, why does Snowbird look more like Talisman?

I like how the Maple Leaf design is integrated into Vindicator's costume. It's very well done, I think.

Aurora's tube top? Yeah, not so much.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    upon further review, thats not mac, it looks like a combination of major mapleleaf and guardian and whats with all the red lights on vindicator?
    I can only assume that they're the red goal lights from behind a hockey net.

Snowbird looks an awful lot like Talisman. An amalgam of the 616 Talisman and Snowbird characters maybe?

I too wonder who Snoebird is. Possibly Talisman, yes. I like the basic design of Vindicator's costume. I wonder who he is (better not be Pointer!).

The team looks OK, but are they making Jubilee and Sunfire Canadians? The reference to the Ultimates makes it sound like their more Avengers than mutants. Seems like Colossus is still a mafia criminal again, hope AF is treated well. Starting by taking out Iceman and Wolverine ain't bad. Of course, they'll lose badly in the end, but may come back in issue 98.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I can see Colossus steam rolling them as the story arc is suppose to focus around him and if Alpha Flight is there for Northstar he is going to fight tooth and nail for him. Also there is supposed to be serious consequences from this, so perhaps he kills a few members? *shrugs*

Also I think Snowbird being native american makes far more sense then a blonde model. She is a native american goddess after all

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    I can see Colossus steam rolling them as the story arc is suppose to focus around him and if Alpha Flight is there for Northstar he is going to fight tooth and nail for him. Also there is supposed to be serious consequences from this, so perhaps he kills a few members? *shrugs*

Also I think Snowbird being native american makes far more sense then a blonde model. She is a native american goddess after all
    It only makes sense if she has a Native American/Inuit father. The only reason Narya of 616 Alpha is white and blonde, is because her father was.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    It only makes sense if she has a Native American/Inuit father. The only reason Narya of 616 Alpha is white and blonde, is because her father was.

Dana
    You can pick up your genetic traits from your mother, but I was going with a more practical sense of her being native american herself rather then a blonde story-wise [not genetic wise].

An image with words from Hercules:

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...rcules1176.htm
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

i bet that has something to do with being asked to join omega, and snowbirds feelings towards pointer.

at least i hope.

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    i bet that has something to do with being asked to join omega, and snowbirds feelings towards pointer.

at least i hope.
    Yeah that's what I think as well

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi

Dana
    You can pick up your genetic traits from your mother, but I was going with a more practical sense of her being native american herself rather then a blonde story-wise [not genetic wise].
    Does her mother have genes? As far as her appearance, she totally could have chosen to look like a First Nations woman, she is a shape-shifter after all.

As for "Ultimate" Alpha Flight (more like Ralpha Flight)....They look absolutely awful (IMHO). Most of their costumes are really horrible. Snowbird's snow bunny outfit looks ridiculous, Vindicator looks like a moron. Aurora's costume would flip down over her breasts instantly at high speed flight (bad, bad designs) and Sasquatch looks equally stupid (with his multiple piercings and pigtails). Jubilee and Sunfire...WTF?!

...And I thought Volume 3 and killing off Alpha Flight was bad...

Dana

Does her mother have genes? As far as her appearance, she totally could have chosen to look like a First Nations woman, she is a shape-shifter after all.
    I'm sure she has a form of DNA, even Thor and Odin do but no way am I'm going to try to explain how God/Goddess can have kids.

Well even as a baby she was always the blonde