Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Well here's the spoilers

-Rahne Sinclair ie. Wolfsbane is revealed to be Sasquatch, so my guess Dana Moonstone is Snowbird and Warpath is Shaman. Uuuuuh...
    -X-Men w/Banshee fight Alpha Flight and their basically losing until Cyclops amps up
    -Rogue reveals she killed her father when he was drunk he would touch her in sexual ways, but then her powers kicked in killing him
    -Cyclops revealed he accidently killed his foster parents when his mutant powers kicked in
    -Northstar is overdosing on Banshee and looks like has died at the end of the issue from it.

Errrr...yeah

Sooooo, instead of Alpha Flight we get X-Force.... well, ONE bright side, at least: It wasn't drawn by Liefield!!
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

And why is it called Alpha Flight????

Rahne can make sense as a crazed mutant on Banshee, but Moonstar as Snowbird, given that Ultimate Snowbird is Inuit...

Warpath as Shaman is equally unlikely, given how small Shaman is and his looks/abilities don't line up well with the real Shaman.

WHEN Alpha Flight returns, it had better be with a more Canadian line-up!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Rahne can make sense as a crazed mutant on Banshee, but Moonstar as Snowbird, given that Ultimate Snowbird is Inuit...

Warpath as Shaman is equally unlikely, given how small Shaman is and his looks/abilities don't line up well with the real Shaman.
    This Alpha Flight polices the world not Canada, which is kinda interesting

Sorry I meant to type Danielle Moonstar, she really is a spitting image of her.

Why is it? Warpath (James Proudstar) is a mutant with superhuman strength and durability who can fly who is also quite built. Plus he is native american so it really does make sense if ultimate Shaman is Warpath. Even John Proudstar (James' brother) went by Shaman in Exiles

LMAO! This has got to be a joke, right? You guys are buying and supporting this?

Dana

Well here's the spoilers

-Rahne Sinclair ie. Wolfsbane is revealed to be Sasquatch, so my guess Dana Moonstone is Snowbird and Warpath is Shaman. Uuuuuh...
    -X-Men w/Banshee fight Alpha Flight and their basically losing until Cyclops amps up
    -Wolverine tested positive with Banshee, but doesn't recall when he did it
    -Rogue reveals she killed her father when he was drunk he would touch her in sexual ways, but then her powers kicked in killing him
    -Cyclops revealed he accidently killed his foster parents when his mutant powers kicked in
    -Northstar is overdosing on Banshee and looks like he has died at the end of the issue from it.

Errrr...yeah
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole

This Alpha Flight polices the world not Canada, which is kinda interesting

Sorry I meant to type Danielle Moonstar, she really is a spitting image of her.

Why is it? Warpath (James Proudstar) is a mutant with superhuman strength and durability who can fly who is also quite built. Plus he is native american so it really does make sense if ultimate Shaman is Warpath. Even John Proudstar (James' brother) went by Shaman in Exiles
    The only way it makes sense, is if all Native Americans/Native Canadians/First Nations People/Indians are interchangeable...I find that idea to be highly offensive. Marvel has already pulled this particular alternate Earth Thunderbird is Shaman crap once, why the hell are they doing it again?

I'm really starting to get the feeling that Marvel is being run by the chauvinistic, bigoted boy club.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    I'm really starting to get the feeling that Marvel is being run by the chauvinistic, bigoted boy club.
    Um.... "Starting"??

And I agree with Dana that this is VERY insulting, lumping all First Nations/Natives in the same interchangeable catagory. Yes, I'm so very White that I'm damn-near transparent, but I was raised a minority in the North, where there is a 50% Native population, so I feel more akin to them than I do other Caucasians.

cmdrkoenig67 wrote: The only way it makes sense, is if all Native Americans/Native Canadians/First Nations People/Indians are interchangeable...I find that idea to be highly offensive. Marvel has already pulled this particular alternate Earth Thunderbird is Shaman crap once, why the hell are they doing it again?

and...

HappyCanuck wrote: And I agree with Dana that this is VERY insulting, lumping all First Nations/Natives in the same interchangeable catagory. Yes, I'm so very White that I'm damn-near transparent, but I was raised a minority in the North, where there is a 50% Native population, so I feel more akin to them than I do other Caucasians.
    Ok. I can understand if some of us are upset that the Alpha Flight team is not what we would have wanted it to be. However, does this really warrant getting offended? I might also go so far as to remind everyone that this is fiction. One persons perception of what they feel might make for an interesting story.

Now, I read the comic yesterday, and I didn't noticed anyone referring to Shaman as any name other than Shaman. Yes, I also think it is James Proudstar, mostly because he seemed to have enhanced senses and could smell sulfur through walls. But it hasn't been revealed yet.

As for Snowbird, again I didn't notice anyone refer to her as anything other than Snowbird. She could just as easily be Elizabeth Twoyoungmen instead. But I am going check again when I get home.

Obviously the writer has a plan to divulge more about Alpha Flight as the story progresses, should we really be picking it apart to the point were someone who hasn't even read the comic is fully hating it? I am not ignoring the obvious problems with the team, but I am accepting what I am being given because it isn't what I would expect. That's why I find it interesting. I may even be the only one enjoying the comic. :P

But getting upset or offended over it isn't going to change the way people perceive a culture that isn't their own. It's why all African American characters talk slang, why all Asian characters know karate, and why all female characters have huge boobs. But who cares? It's just fiction.
    (Average person + Internet Forum + Anonymity = Screaming Douchebag)

"This is why I don't post often, *wink*"

Quote Originally Posted by Manikin
    cmdrkoenig67 wrote: The only way it makes sense, is if all Native Americans/Native Canadians/First Nations People/Indians are interchangeable...I find that idea to be highly offensive. Marvel has already pulled this particular alternate Earth Thunderbird is Shaman crap once, why the hell are they doing it again?

and...

HappyCanuck wrote: And I agree with Dana that this is VERY insulting, lumping all First Nations/Natives in the same interchangeable catagory. Yes, I'm so very White that I'm damn-near transparent, but I was raised a minority in the North, where there is a 50% Native population, so I feel more akin to them than I do other Caucasians.
    Ok. I can understand if some of us are upset that the Alpha Flight team is not what we would have wanted it to be. However, does this really warrant getting offended? I might also go so far as to remind everyone that this is fiction. One persons perception of what they feel might make for an interesting story.

Now, I read the comic yesterday, and I didn't noticed anyone referring to Shaman as any name other than Shaman. Yes, I also think it is James Proudstar, mostly because he seemed to have enhanced senses and could smell sulfur through walls. But it hasn't been revealed yet.

As for Snowbird, again I didn't notice anyone refer to her as anything other than Snowbird. She could just as easily be Elizabeth Twoyoungmen instead. But I am going check again when I get home.

Obviously the writer has a plan to divulge more about Alpha Flight as the story progresses, should we really be picking it apart to the point were someone who hasn't even read the comic is fully hating it? I am not ignoring the obvious problems with the team, but I am accepting what I am being given because it isn't what I would expect. That's why I find it interesting. I may even be the only one enjoying the comic. :P

But getting upset or offended over it isn't going to change the way people perceive a culture that isn't their own. It's why all African American characters talk slang, why all Asian characters know karate, and why all female characters have huge boobs. But who cares? It's just fiction.
    I agree, getting bent about a portrayal in an Ultimate line is silly especially since the whole plot has yet to be revealed.

Remember, Wolverine assumed Vindicator was Mac and it clearly isnt. Vindicator didnlt even know who Mac was when Wolverine mentioned him so there, obvioulsy, is a disconnect between this version of Ultimate Alpha Flight and the UAF that Wolverine knew.
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isnt merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower peoples expectations, enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation."

The only way it makes sense, is if all Native Americans/Native Canadians/First Nations People/Indians are interchangeable...I find that idea to be highly offensive. Marvel has already pulled this particular alternate Earth Thunderbird is Shaman crap once, why the hell are they doing it again?

Dana
    Because those characters are well known and are mutants so it's fits with the story sadly

Also sidenote for some as people are getting confused Shaman and Snowbird identities have yet to be revealed, those picks are my guesses who they will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Manikin

You're absolutely right, Manikin...Who cares? What does it matter? I don't see why Marvel just doesn't make every character white and male, that should solve all the problems and conflicts...Then they'll be totally interchangeable and nobody will notice the difference if they change costumes with each other. Who is who? Gosh...I can't tell them apart, they all look the same.

Dana

You're absolutely right, Manikin...Who cares? What does it matter? I don't see why Marvel just doesn't make every character white and male, that should solve all the problems and conflicts...Then they'll be totally interchangeable and nobody will notice the difference if they change costumes with each other. Who is who? Gosh...I can't tell them apart, they all look the same.

Dana
    Gotcha.

I see where this is going... Since that was obviously NOT what I was trying to say, and is instead being responded to with childish sarcasm, I will not take part in this thread any further.

Please continue with your tirade.
    (Average person + Internet Forum + Anonymity = Screaming Douchebag)

"This is why I don't post often, *wink*"

Okay boys and girls. This is getting out of hand. Please try to remain civil. This is, afterall, a free forum for ALL us comic geeks to come and have some fun.

Yeeg. Not sure who updated this Wikipedia entry, but so far it looks like Mungi MIGHT be correct...

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Ultimate Alpha Flight debuted in Ultimate X-Men #94 with Vindicator, Shaman (James Proudstar), Jubilee, Sunfire, Sasquatch (Rahne Sinclair), Snowbird (Dani Moonstar) and Aurora. The team ambushes the X-Men in the middle of a friendly baseball game. All of its members appear to use godlike powers; they easily managed to take down the X-Men and kidnap Northstar. It is later revealed by Wolverine, who apparently has a history with them on this universe as well, that they used the Mutant Growth Hormone called Banshee to enhance their abilities, making them more powerful than normal mutants.
    Um, Mungi, PLEASE tell me YOU did this?? If you did, I promise to forgive you.... [-o<

Ugh.

Ugh.
    Seconded.