Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is Alpha Filght?

Default What is Alpha Filght?

Sorry i never read an issue of Alpha Flight and i hope someone can inform me about the series and how much issue 1# would cost
    "For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times, before the Empire."
    --Ben Kenobi

Default Re: What is Alpha Filght?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Nova
    Sorry i never read an issue of Alpha Flight and i hope someone can inform me about the series and how much issue 1# would cost
    Alpha Flight is Marvel Comic's first and only Canadian Super Hero team. If you go back to the main page of the www.alphaflight.net website, and click on the link on the left that says "Alphanex" you will be able to read just about everything there is to know about the team.

Well, issue #1 will cost you something different depending on how much the person wants it.

Happy Reading!
    (Average person + Internet Forum + Anonymity = Screaming Douchebag)

"This is why I don't post often, *wink*"

Depending on where you go, Marshall, you can generally pick up Alpha Flight vol. 1 #1 for anywhere between $5 and $30 (I got my copy free thanks to a friend, but he got it for about $10 ten years ago, second-hand).

Check out Ebay. They generally have it for fairly cheap.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Heather Hudson Fan First Flight

I got the entire collection for a little over sixty bucks including shipping off of eBay.
    Jolson did it all first,
    Crosby jazzed it up,
    Sinatra perfected it.

Alpha Flight is Canada's version of the Avengers..point blank simple. Though the creator (James Hudson) had plans for creating a team, it didnt go into effect till the creation of the Fantstic Four. So it wasnt, the USA has a team, why dont we.

Alpha Flight has a HUGE connection with Wolverine.

The Gamma Flight team with Nemesis, WIldchild, Witchfire Silver and Auric were a team at that point with no connection outside with Gibney being from the original Gamma. When Alpha disappeared for months the government officially sanctioned them "Canada's team." They were all later absorbed into Alpha Flight

Thank for are you're help beacuse i read Omega Flight and i heard of alpha flight and it sounds awsomme! :P
    "For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times, before the Empire."
    --Ben Kenobi

whatever you do. dont start with vol 3. vol 1 n 2 IMO, are better

Quote Originally Posted by mos_def
    whatever you do. dont start with vol 3. vol 1 n 2 IMO, are better
    Ya i was thinking of starting at volume 1 but i was worried how pricey those issues whould be, but vol.3 has preety nice art
    --Ben Kenobi

If cost is an issue, Marvel has just released the first trade paperback of the original series. You can look that up on Amazon as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jay042
    If cost is an issue, Marvel has just released the first trade paperback of the original series. You can look that up on Amazon as well.
    FOR REAL THAT WHOULD BE AWSOMME HOW MUCH WHOULD THIS COST!!!!!?????
    --Ben Kenobi

Lots of Alpha stuff at Amazon.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by jay042
    is it this http://www.amazon.com/25-different-M...5524315&sr=8-4 or this http://www.amazon.ca/Alpha-Flight-Cl...pd_sim_b_img_9
    --Ben Kenobi

Damn so that's actually only 25 different issues from the run and not the entire volume? I would have bought that if it was

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Damn so that's actually only 25 different issues from the run, not the entire volume?
    It says though 1-130?
    --Ben Kenobi

It says though 1-130?
    Below it says, "25 different issues from the series" so it's 25 issues between 1-130 sadly