Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is Alpha Filght?

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Nova
    It says though 1-130?
    Below it says, "25 different issues from the series" so it's 25 issues between 1-130 sadly
    oh... i see it now man that sucks!
    "For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times, before the Empire."
    --Ben Kenobi

Some things are to good to be true I guess

As even the issue where Lady Deathstrike first appears [well when she becomes LD] is worth more then just alone ie. Alpha Flight #33

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Some things are to good to be true I guess

As even the issue where Lady Deathstrike first appears [well when she becomes LD] is worth more then just alone ie. Alpha Flight #33
    I found the complet series! But its 300$ i'm broke at the moment and my parents arent willing too pay for it (i'm only 13 ) So i guess i'l buy the paperback 1-8 for 17$ .
    "For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times, before the Empire."
    --Ben Kenobi

just keep watching ebay, I've seen the full set go for under $50.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    just keep watching ebay, I've seen the full set go for under $50.

Ben
    I hope the god so! lol
    --Ben Kenobi

Heather Hudson Fan First Flight

Like I said, I got the full set PLUS vol. 2, PLUS vol. 3 PLUS Annuals PLUS Avengers, Marvel Two-in-One, tie-ins for a little over sixty bucks. There was only one issue missing (#4 of a 4 issue limited series), and they were all in terrific shape (NM). I didn't stop there though...I also picked up a promo poster for the series launch, Marvel Legends Sasquatch (both Orange and White), two copies each of Vindicator/Sas, Snowbird/Puck, Aurora/Northstar action figures, a complete set of Alpha Flight Heroclix figures/game pieces, and a Bowen bust of Wendigo...those busts are friggin' expensive, but eventually I'd like to have 'em all. To my knowledge the ones in existence are:

Puck (small 'P')
    Puck Variant (tall 'P')
    Snowbird
    Snowbird Sasquatch
    Orange (Walter) Sasquatch
    Vindicator (Mac)
    Vindicator (Heather)
    and Shaman

If any other Alpha Flight or Alphacentric villains exist someone please let me know. I have not decided whether or not I wish to count Omega Flight toward my official Alpha collection or not. After reading the books, I'm leaning toward not...

- Alpha Smikes
    Jolson did it all first,
    Crosby jazzed it up,
    Sinatra perfected it.

I myself have been eager to reaquire my old collections. I saw Ben mention the whole collection going for about 50.00 or so. Is the condition decent?
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by S. Michael Simms
    Like I said, I got the full set... There was only one issue missing (#4 of a 4 issue limited series)
    Vis-a-vis that mini-series, it was a reprint of #s 97-100 (I believe) of the main series.
    Ergo, you have it anyway. Ipso-facto.
    Concordantly, I never bought it though I'm a rabid completist. (Weird thing is, we don't even have rabies in Australia. So how did I get it? How? Can you explain that? You can't, can you?)

- Le Messor
    "A city built on rock and roll would be structurally unsound."
    - T-Shirt

Forgot to mention...

I also just received X-Men #109 (first Mac/Weapon Alpha) and X-Men 120 (first Alpha) & 121 (first full Alpha). That Alpha Flight Collector page has been very useful. I would love to see an official memorabilia, collector section on the main page though...for us completists. Here it is again from our friendly neighborhood collector guy

http://www.geocities.com/rplass/afcollector/home.htm

Seeyaround,
    Smikes
    Jolson did it all first,
    Crosby jazzed it up,
    Sinatra perfected it.

Quote Originally Posted by S. Michael Simms
    I would love to see an official memorabilia, collector section on the main page though...for us completists.
    That'd be what the appearances section on this very forum is...

Thanks, Phil; I do appreciate the supreme effort that's been put into the Appearances section as well, but I was referring mainly to non-comic book memorabilia such as posters, tees, mugs, statues, busts, etc.. As far as I know, there is no specific section for that. Please correct me if I'm wrong (a link would be appreciated as well), as I am relatively new here. Thanks.

- Smikes
    Jolson did it all first,
    Crosby jazzed it up,
    Sinatra perfected it.

Weird thing is, we don't even have rabies in Australia.
    Yeah, but isn't that made up for by having, like, 99% of the most poisonous and deadly snakes and such on your continent?

Personally, I will live with "the fear" of getting rabies, over meeting one of them deadly creepy crawlies anytime!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07
    Yeah, but isn't that made up for by having, like, 99% of the most poisonous and deadly snakes and such on your continent?
    Personally, I will live with "the fear" of getting rabies, over meeting one of them deadly creepy crawlies anytime!
    The snakes aren't so bad. It's spiders

that give me the creeps. Especially one of the biggest I've ever seen, the day after watching Arachnophobia.
    It was in my bedroom.

Oh, and arriving at the coast last weekend, a huge one crawled down my windscreen... just as my iPod started playing Shelob's Lair. My iPod has a sense of humour, and pays attention.

(Btw... Huntsmen aren't any more poisonous than a wasp. Just creepy.)

- Le Messor
    "Familiarity breeds attempt."[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    The snakes aren't so bad. It's spiders
    (image cut to save space)
    that give me the creeps. Especially one of the biggest I've ever seen, the day after watching Arachnophobia.
    It was in my bedroom.
    Oh, how cute!

Seriously, tho, the way you describe it reminds me when I first saw a wolf spider, something quite common in Southern British Columbia. The damn thing was so huge, I wasn't sure if I should step on it or saddle it! And the thing had more hair than my parent's terrier at the time! (the dog and the spider took turns chasing each other around the kitchen - it was quite humourous)

(Btw... Huntsmen aren't any more poisonous than a wasp. Just creepy.)
    Sounds like the wolf spider - harmless, but big enough to eat a gerbil without chewing.

Oh, and arriving at the coast last weekend, a huge one crawled down my windscreen... just as my iPod started playing Shelob's Lair. My iPod has a sense of humour, and pays attention.
    Okay, so apparently all the spiders in Australia have a wicked sense of timing, Mik?
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Images

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Okay, so apparently all the spiders in Australia have a wicked sense of timing, Mik?
    Yes. They receive special training.

- Mik
    "Far duller than a serpent’s tooth it is to spend a quiet youth."