It feels like some of these folks are brown-nosing in saying they completely stopped collecting AF when Byrne left the book (it doesn't entirely ring true for all that are saying this)...But I can definitely see the points of some, who actually gave the book a try beyond issue 28...Those who didn't, really have no footing. Those who did try past 28 and dropped it, I can definitely see where they're coming from...

http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/f...=2&totPosts=52

Many of us here...Continued, loved, hated, reasonably enjoyed, struggled and even cringed (sometimes) our way through all three, four volumes. I love the characters from the original Alpha Flight, yet I do regret reading many of the horrors perpetrated upon our favorite Canadian heroes...(Like...Puck isn't dwarf, he's a really tall man housing a demon that makes him short...The Beaubier twins are fairies....Or Walter is resurrected in Snowbird's body and is now a Wanda...WTF?! We all know these horrors by heart)

Somebody over there even said that Heather putting on the Guardian suit was really forced and made no sense...I have to violently disagree with him. She took over as leader after Mac's death, she was brave, strong-willed and she realized (quite logically) during the battle with the Hulk (started by Byrne and ended by Mantlo), that she was powerless to help her team out (Truthfully: Other than sending the team on missions and being a mother hen, she was useless to them). When she later found Bochs and Jeffries working to repair the Guardian suit (created and worn by Delphine Courtney)...It made every bit of sense to me, that she'd be the one to wear it.

I know some of you feel she should not have put on the uniform, but to me...it was a very logical step. Do I like all the character changes wrought by Mantlo on Heather after she donned the suit?...No...But the suit did give her the power to back up her will, allow her to join her team on the battlefield and gave her the resources to protect herself and her team-mates (if the need arose).

Dana