Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25

Thread: On the Byrne Board....More Alpha Flight discussion...

  1. #16
    Alphamaniac Alpha Flight
    cmdrkoenig67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    State O' Maine
    Posts
    2,581

    Default

    I' don't know about that...He said himself, that he doesn't know their history very well...But at least he can see how badly they've been treated (Marvel lacks his vision).

    Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

  2. #17
    Alpha Flight
    mreeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Erik Larsen is a smart man...

    "When I wrote Wolverine (for all of a minute and a half) one of the things I made an effort to do was restore the original Alpha Flight team (which I
    blew, actually--I hadn't read all of the issues of the later series and I did
    research online and got a few details wrong--not that my editor knew
    any better--sigh). My hope was that whoever did them NEXT would take
    the hint--but no.

    The thing is--the original team was the only time the book ever really
    sold well (except that blip where Northstar came out of the closet in one
    of the most ham-fisted, embarrassingly bad sequences to ever appear in
    print-- for the love of god--why can't my brain purge these images from
    my head?). Why do they keep relaunching this book with new characters?
    What evidence is there that anybody will care if it's NOT the REAL team?

    I just don't get it."

    Erik Larsen
    Publisher Image Comics

    Where is this quote from?

  3. #18
    Alphamaniac Alpha Flight
    cmdrkoenig67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    State O' Maine
    Posts
    2,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mreeez
    Where is this quote from?
    From the Bynre Board...Alpha Flight 25th anniversary thread, page 5 (the link was posted on page one of this thread by Del).

    Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

  4. #19
    Administrator Department H
    HappyCanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    I' don't know about that...He said himself, that he doesn't know their history very well...But at least he can see how badly they've been treated (Marvel lacks his vision).

    Dana
    Ah, but Dana, the thing is, he's ADMITTED his mistake the first time, and knows that he'd have to bone up on his history -- Heck, I THINK I can think of a website or two that could help him out with that!

    So, he'd have no reason to get any Alpha history wrong! He knows he was a bad boy back then.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

    "Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

  5. #20
    Administrator Department H
    DelBubs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,650

    Default

    The only problem I had with Erik Larsen and AF was the way he bought Snowbird back. That said, considering what he was attempting to do with those 'Wolverine' issues I'm not gonna hold that against him.
    Del

    Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

  6. #21
    Alphamaniac Alpha Flight
    cmdrkoenig67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    State O' Maine
    Posts
    2,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    I' don't know about that...He said himself, that he doesn't know their history very well...But at least he can see how badly they've been treated (Marvel lacks his vision).

    Dana
    Ah, but Dana, the thing is, he's ADMITTED his mistake the first time, and knows that he'd have to bone up on his history -- Heck, I THINK I can think of a website or two that could help him out with that!

    So, he'd have no reason to get any Alpha history wrong! He knows he was a bad boy back then.
    I guess so...I'm just glad to see somebody in the biz recognize the abuse being done to good characters.

    Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

  7. #22
    Alphamaniac Alpha Flight
    cmdrkoenig67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    State O' Maine
    Posts
    2,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    The only problem I had with Erik Larsen and AF was the way he bought Snowbird back. That said, considering what he was attempting to do with those 'Wolverine' issues I'm not gonna hold that against him.
    As he said, he didn't know much about their recent history (probably the root of his mistake with Snowbird's revival)...At least he got rid of the Teenage Mac Clone?

    Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

  8. #23

    Default

    i would like to elect erik larsen for some kind of prize.

  9. #24
    I'm a RealWyldeChild Alpha Flight
    Flightpath07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vernon, BC
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by varo
    i would like to elect erik larsen for some kind of prize.
    And, I will second that one!

    (I think the prize should be he gets chained to a chair until he can deliver to us 10 wonderful years of great new Alpha Flight stories...)
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

    My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

    Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

    FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

    Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

  10. #25
    Administrator Department H
    HappyCanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07
    Quote Originally Posted by varo
    i would like to elect erik larsen for some kind of prize.
    And, I will second that one!

    (I think the prize should be he gets chained to a chair until he can deliver to us 10 wonderful years of great new Alpha Flight stories...)
    Wow, remind me never to enter any contests run by you, Flightpath!!
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

    "Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •