Thread: Champions Online

Default Champions Online

Hello all. Myself and few others here where for awhile following the development of Marvel Universe Online. An MMORPG that would have taken place in the Marvel Universe. It was being developed by Microsoft, Marvel, and Cryptic Studios(the fine company that brought us City of Heroes). Sadly the project was cancelled. From its ashes has risen Champions Online produced by Cryptic Studios. Champions is due to be released spring 2009.

It is based in large part around the very long running Champions pen, paper, and dice RPG. The website for the game is up as is the forums. What news about the intentions the developers have for the game sounds very very promising. Here is the link to check it out.
    http://www.champions-online.com/
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

To hold me over until Champions is released. I have started playing City of Heroes. Been about 2 weeks so far and Im absolutely loving it. I cant believe I did not start sooner. If Champions is gonna be an upgrade to CoH than we are in for a real treat. Im playing on the "Virtue" server. There is a great role playing community in this game and it has only enhanced my expierience thus far.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.

I've been on CoH since launch and have toons on 3 servers, Virtue being one of them

My Global is Jet Stream

I tried to add you but it did not appear on the list. Im sure im doing something wrong. Im not sure what my handle is ill ask my buddy as I have delted many characters and not sure how the system works. If it helps here are my character names all on the virtue server.

Lord Necroplasm-Villian
    The Flaming Spectre-Villian
    Kid Yellowjacket-Hero
    Winter-Dragon-Hero
    Dfense75-Hero(Ill be changing this name soon I chose it as a gag but love the character. have not decided yet on the new name)

I played the living piss out of COH and had to put it down. Great game. Champions looks very interesting to me and I'll be shooting to get into the beta as soon as it's listed.

I just started playing CoH a couple of weeks ago... been glued to my computer ever since! If Champions is an upgraded, then double yeah... something to look forward to!

For whatever its worth my characters names is.... tada!.... yep you guessed it, Powersurrge (with two r's) and Im on the Protector server.

Now I just have to put this game down long enough to get around to the next chapter in the Morningstar saga.... BIG stuff was about to happen when we last left off!
    "You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

T'Challa, The New Avengers: Illuminati 1

Hey guys,

I'm new here and hope to get to know a few people who love the Flight like me. I'm also a fan of Champions Online and play fairly frequently. All of my characters are Canadian themed with a hint of Alpha Flight inspiration. I have Avro a Power Armour themed character, Fleur de Lis an archer, Pinball a short stature sword master, and a few others...Yukon Jack, Qwerty, Northwatch, Sgt. Sawchuck...etc. The character creation is a lot of fun and the game, although a little short on content, does have its moments. I have a few buddy keys available if anyone wants to try it out. The trial is for 15 days, more than long enough to get through a good chunk of the game and play around with the character creator (easily the funnest part of the game).

Just PM me with your e-mail address or post it here and I'll send you a key. Hope to see you guys in game.