Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What was the first comic book you ever bought?

Heather Hudson Fan First Flight

Default What was the first comic book you ever bought?

What was the first comic book you ever bought with your own money? I am proud to say mine was

featuring the first appearance of Kara Killgrave (probably explains why I'm a Purplehead).

So, what was yours?

- Smikes
    Jolson did it all first,
    Crosby jazzed it up,
    Sinatra perfected it.

If I recall correctly, it was Alpha Flight #127. Feedback became one of my favorite characters, so I bought earlier issues. Ah, Feedback, Box, Witchfire, Nemesis, Windshear....
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Something in the Defenders line, i do not recall what issue. And I think i bought it used, lol!
    My first AF comic i bought was issue 25 or 26.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

To be honest I don't remember, but it was most likely a Spiderman, Batman or a Superman comic. At least my earliest comic book memories were of those.

I wish I could remember the Issue #. However it was a copy of Uncanny X-Men. The cover sported Wolverine, Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Kitty Pryde, and Cyclops pitched in battle against the Brood. The X-Men's uniforms where all tattered and torn. But the thing I remember most about the cover was the image of Colossus. He was in the center of the cover much bigger than everyone holding a Brood over his head. I knew nothing about X-Men at the time but I recall just how cool I thought this big metal dude looked. The issue itself was very creppy from what I can remeber and although I cant be sure I think this issue was right when Kitty Pryde found Lockheed.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

my first comic that 'I' bought was Avengers when they fought the lava men and a signal was sent out to the WCAs. Till this day I have a liking to the Wackos

the first AF book I bought was ish 75 and I started buying back issues after that.

For me, the very first comic I ever bought was X-Men (v.2) #9, 1992, featuring the X-Men (Blue Squad), Ghost Rider and the New Orleans Assassins Guild versus the Brood. I remember opening up the book and seeing Jim Lee's FANTASTIC protrayal of a Brood-infested Ghost Rider and thinking "Yup, I'm stuck". I was 12.

My first AF issue came a couple years later with AF 123. I vividly remember the more-demonic-looking Witchfire (for years later, I always assumed it was the Dream Queen until I reread the issue some ten years later) on the cover, and I always remembered Northstar in his Red'n'Whites in there.... Ah, good times.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Hmmm... the earliest memory that stands out would be Uncanny X-Men #175 in which Mastermind messed with everyone's head making them think that Cyke was Dark Phoenix returned and he had to take them all on.
    "You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

T'Challa, The New Avengers: Illuminati 1

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dfense75
    I wish I could remember the Issue #. However it was a copy of Uncanny X-Men. The cover sported Wolverine, Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Kitty Pryde, and Cyclops pitched in battle against the Brood... Colossus... was in the center of the cover much bigger than everyone holding a Brood over his head... I think this issue was right when Kitty Pryde found Lockheed.
    I've just checked. You have described UXM#166, and yes, Kitty does meet Lock' for the first time in it.

My first issue? Actually it was a 3-pack. An issue of Spider-Man, a Teen Titans annual, and Alpha Flight! #s 8 and 9.
    I bought it for the Alpha.

They're Australian editions, so I can't give you the actual numbers on the first two... The AF has the main stories from 8 & 9, but not the origin back-ups. Better colour printing than the originals.
    #8 is still possibly my fav'rite issue--'least, it contains the Nemesis appearance that makes her my fave.

- Le Messor
    "Expertise in one field does not carry over into other fields. But experts often think it does."

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    I wish I could remember the Issue #. However it was a copy of Uncanny X-Men. The cover sported Wolverine, Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Kitty Pryde, and Cyclops pitched in battle against the Brood... Colossus... was in the center of the cover much bigger than everyone holding a Brood over his head... I think this issue was right when Kitty Pryde found Lockheed.
    I've just checked. You have described UXM#166, and yes, Kitty does meet Lock' for the first time in it.
    I suppose having a member of the Skrull intelligence community among us has its advatages. You have gained a bit of my trust...for the moment at least.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

legion of superheroes from the 2004 run...yeah i didn't start reading comics until a couple years ago

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    legion of superheroes from the 2004 run...yeah i didn't start reading comics until a couple years ago
    hey, better late than never, Smurfy. Welcome to the Dork Side :P.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

my second comic ever read was the original alpha flight run cause I found it on ebay..BOO YA!

I honestly can't remember what issue it was exactly, but my first comic book was an Uncanny X-Men issue where they were dealing with Proteus. Then, several years later, when I was in junior high, I walked into a comic shop and bought a 'grab bag' with, like, five comics in it. AF #1 was in it and I got hooked.

After picking up a few issues of AF, I went back to X-Men and became a big comic nerd.
    Where are we going, and why are we in this hand-basket??

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    I suppose having a member of the Skrull intelligence community among us has its advatages. You have gained a bit of my trust...for the moment at least.
    Hey!
    Who says I'm in the intelldgeness conumity?

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic
    I honestly can't remember what issue it was exactly, but my first comic book was an Uncanny X-Men issue where they were dealing with Proteus.
    Now there I canno' help you. Do you have any more information? (They've had to deal with Proteus a lot. Never seemed to stick.) Was it the Byrne era?

- Le Messor
    "The line between pleasure and pain
    can never be measured by means of the brain.
    Mere reason alone will never explain
    How the heart behaves."
    - Was (Not Was)