Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowbird in Incredible Hercules #117???

Well, I certainly hope not! Snowbird has died once already, and I'm also tired of seeing AF made into scapegoats.

So who is that girl/guy that looks like DC's Morgan Le Fay?

On the team we have: Hercules, Snowbird, Ajak, Demogorge and Amatsu-Mikaboshi ????

Why oh why would Amatsu and especially Demo be on the team? This is turning out to be an actually pretty interesting story

It seems pretty cool, Snowbird and all.

But, i will keep all judgements to myself for now.

"Only time will tell, fuzz-buddy, only time will tell. "
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

With team members such Amatsu and Demo, there is going to be lots of killing. I wouldn't be suprized if these two turned on the other gods.

Amatsu took over Olympus, and was responsible for Zeus' death

Demo is a god-killer, he is responsible for the elder gods not wanting to be around earth anymore.

INCREDIBLE HERCULES #117
    Written by GREG PAK & FRED VAN LENTE
    Penciled by RAFA SANDOVAL
    Cover JOHN ROMITA JR., KLAUS JANSON & DEAN WHITE

SECRET INVASION TIE-IN!
    The Greek Goliath gathers the most powerful super-team ever assembled to counter-attack the Skrull gods! Face front, True Believers, and prepare for the pantheon-pounding premiere of... THE GOD SQUAD!

Wow the those creators at Marvel are doing an awesome job. I cant say "God Squad" with out laughing. Truly bringing the funny back to the funny books they are. /endsarcasm
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by birdygirl
    I'm just excited to see Snowbird again! As with the other people here, I'm just wondering whether it's the temporal copy or the original Birdie. (She was definitely NOT killed by the Collective.) Also, where does this new story take place? As I remember, Snowbird is now able to cross the Canadian border without shriveling.

And what about Yukon Jack? He said he was supposed to be a god, but in the "Omega Flight" mini-series, he was supposed to have been seriously neurologically messed up. Would he fit into the story anywhere?

Anyway, I can't wait to read this story; and hope, along with the others here that it is a good sign for the return of Alpha.
    Ditto! Hopefully Snowy will answer these things and NOT be a skrull herself.

Kinda worried she might get killed considering her team-mates.

http://comics.ign.com/articles/852/852785p3.html

IGN Comics: The Incredible Hercules #117 solicits indicate that Herc and his crew are tackling Skrull Gods. Are we to take this literally, as in the Skrulls actually have Gods that can interact with the Marvel Universe and vice versa? Does this play into Brian's core plot or is it isolated to this series?

Brevoort: Sure, the Skrulls have Gods that can interact with the Marvel Universe—why not? If we can buy the premise that the Norse or Greek Gods are real and tangible, and that they can fight the Wrecking Crew or the Absorbing Man, then why shouldn't there be pantheons of Skrull Gods who can do the same?

This is an element that won't play heavily into the main series, but it will turn up in a couple of the tie-in series along the way. It was a way for Greg and Fred to bridge the themes they're working with in Hercules to some of the themes that Brian is playing with in Secret Invasion in a way that felt organic, and that could really contribute in a meaningful way into Herc's ongoing saga.

I don't want to sound pessimistic but haven't you thought that Snowbird may be a Skrull? I hope not but it would be easy for the writers to come up with that idea, she's a shapeshifter (as the Skrulls are) and they could say that the real Snowbird died during her battle against Pestilence. Would that make sense? What do you think?

By the way, I like the cover (it's my wallpaper right now). I hope this helps Snowbird to disappear from limbo once and for all (and not as a Skrull!!!!)

I'm just glad to see Snowbird back in all her glory. I tend to forget that crap from Vol 3, so to me she's Snowbird. Hopefully she'll also get some time in Secret Invasion to?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Actaully, having this Snowbird be a Skrull would close the continuity mishap of her return, which was "impossible" due to Walt's possession of her body.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Actaully, having this Snowbird be a Skrull would close the continuity mishap of her return, which was "impossible" due to Walt's possession of her body.
    You're right. Unfortunately so, but yet you are.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Fan
    I don't want to sound pessimistic but haven't you thought that Snowbird may be a Skrull? I hope not but it would be easy for the writers to come up with that idea, she's a shapeshifter (as the Skrulls are) and they could say that the real Snowbird died during her battle against Pestilence. Would that make sense? What do you think?

By the way, I like the cover (it's my wallpaper right now). I hope this helps Snowbird to disappear from limbo once and for all (and not as a Skrull!!!!)
    I doubt it. I'm not sure if Skrulls could mimic the powers of the people the imitate (of course, memories are hard to mimic, and fod choices, and music preferences....). I doubt she's a Skrull, Herc though....
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    I doubt it. I'm not sure if Skrulls could mimic the powers of the people the imitate (of course, memories are hard to mimic, and fod choices, and music preferences....). I doubt she's a Skrull, Herc though....
    In the last two issues, events were too closely tied to Herc's ancient memories for him to be a Skrull
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.