Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowbird in Incredible Hercules #117???

This issue promised a lot and by what you're saying I was right. Snowbird announced as a fan-favourite, taken out of limbo and treated with respect, hints to her background, presented the way it should be, not out of character, respect for AF, caring for her fallen teammates and kicking ass. By what your're saying we AF fans couldn't ask for more.

Now, only if Marvel gave an AF title to this writer...

The whole story was well written, Lente is turning into one of my favorite writers as his whole run has been spot-on.

I just bought Incredible Hercules #117, (a day early!).

Magnificent!

Now this is Snowbird as she was MEANT to be! Powerful, intelligent, strong, caring, and skilled in battle. It answered the question of why Snowbird was not in Omega Flight; she gave Michael Pointer what he deserved IMO; it neatly explained her background; and her relatives even treated her with respect! The best characterization of Birdie in ages.

A couple of questions, (not criticisms, though):

1) Why did Snowbird address Hodiak as her uncle when he's really her grandfather?

2) Snowbird says her marriage is over. Does she mean the one to Doug Thompson or to Yukon Jack?

Snowbird also has normal eyes here, instead of her black-and-white ones. She still looks absolutely gorgeous, though.

I give the highest praise to the creative team on this one. By all means, Greg Pak and Fred van Lente should write an Alpha book. They've already got my support. I hope Marvel's paying attention to this issue. Well done!

someone needs to post that page where she is tearing into pointer, i think everyone would totally garee with every word she said. its onvious that fred van lente loves these characters, it wasn't some thrown together dialouge.

Birdy, you said it addressed why Narya wasn't in Omega Flight? Do you mean after the mini (in the MCP Weapon Omega story) or for the forming during the mini?

If it states that she didn't join Omega for the mini (and was asked by Pointer in the Guardian uniform)...That throws another wrench into Omega Flight's continuity. We already have the Initiative panel showing Beta Ray Bill, Talisman and U.S.Agent shaking hands with some govt. guys...The event in that panel never happened.

I just wondered...And I have yet to go and get the book (I'm going to, though).

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by birdygirl
    I just bought Incredible Hercules #117, (a day early!).

Magnificent!

Now this is Snowbird as she was MEANT to be! Powerful, intelligent, strong, caring, and skilled in battle. It answered the question of why Snowbird was not in Omega Flight; she gave Michael Pointer what he deserved IMO; it neatly explained her background; and her relatives even treated her with respect! The best characterization of Birdie in ages.

1) Why did Snowbird address Hodiak as her uncle when he's really her grandfather?

2) Snowbird says her marriage is over. Does she mean the one to Doug Thompson or to Yukon Jack?

Snowbird also has normal eyes here, instead of her black-and-white ones. She still looks absolutely gorgeous, though.

I give the highest praise to the creative team on this one. By all means, Greg Pak and Fred van Lente should write an Alpha book. They've already got my support. I hope Marvel's paying attention to this issue. Well done!
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Looking at these panels, I thought that this happened when the team was formed during the mini, but you're right; it could have been later. Does anyone else have any opinions on this?

I think it's supposed to be current time (yes, I broke my oath not to buy any Marvel books until AF was brought back to pick this up ), but it also explains why she didn't join OF during the mini at the same time.

Have to agree that FVL not only knows Snowbird, but gives a damn about her (and maybe us the fans). Her dialogue is perfect and her scene with Herc (if you read the story you know what scene I'm talking about) shows her prowess.

Heh, when it comes to gods, it could be BOTH!! If you think about it, how many times have we seen in mythology siblings marrying each other, or even their parents! Heck, Hercules' own family tree is more a mangled bush than an actual tree.

Well, first it would depend on WHICH Narya this is! Is it the REAL Snowbird (who's body is being worn by Sasquatch), who married Doug Thompson, or Clonebird (who was raised by AIM in Wolverine), who is married to YJ?

Tho, I don't think she meant her romantic marriages, but more of a euphamism to her "allegiences" to Alpha/Omega Flight or Guardian. Basically, I took it to mean that all the bonds to Canada's Superteam-du-jour have been severed because all those who she cared about in Alpha Flight are dead. (Also, I think it was absolutely MORONIC to send Pointer to recruit Narya. Frankly, it'd probably be better from Talisman (who, in effect is her foster-sister), or Sasquatch - despite the fact that he's wearing her body to walk around looking like one of her most despised enemies.

I'd chalk that up to artist mistake and lack of research. Unless you are a fan of Byrne's work, you really wouldn't think of that aspect of her, so it's a common mistake, one that I feel I can let slide.

No arguments here!
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Am I the only one who finds it comedic when a great god says "oops"??
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Looking at these panels, I thought that this happened when the team was formed during the mini, but you're right; it could have been later. Does anyone else have any opinions on this?

I got the impression that this was after the events in MCP.
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isnt merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower peoples expectations, enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation."

It must be after...

Also, I can't imagine that Narya is a skrull...Not after that confrontation with Pointer...She is pissed (She is feeling just how I feel about AF's current condition)! I will be picking this up...This storyline runs at least, until #120.
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I've already put in my order for the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    It must be after...

Also, I can't imagine that Narya is a skrull...Not after that confrontation with Pointer...She is pissed (She is feeling just how I feel about AF's current condition)! I will be picking this up...This storyline runs at least, until #120.
    I think the skrull is Amatsu-Mikaboshi. He's the only god who has been alone for any length of time (easy to replace), is a shapeshifter and is the one trying to sow doubt about Athena at the end of the book.

I'm really happy to see Snowy again. She was great in the issue.