Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowbird in Incredible Hercules #117???

Default Snowbird in Incredible Hercules #117???

The cover for Incredible Hercules #117:

Is that Snowbird?

Sure likes like her. Of course looking like someone and actually being that person are two distinct things!

It's her. Aren't all of the characters they show connected to god characters?

If we're lucky, this is part promotion for the next Flight series.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    It's her. Aren't all of the characters they show connected to god characters?

If we're lucky, this is part promotion for the next Flight series.

From what I understand, Herc puts together a 'God Squad' to combat possible Skrull Gods in Secret Invasion.

http://comics.ign.com/articles/852/852785p1.html

But the REAL question is, which Snowbird is it? the real Snowbird, who is now a god, and who's corporeal form is now being worn, albeit genderically altered, by Walt, or 'clone' Snowbird who supposedly got killed with the rest of Alpha? Or heck, the 'temporal copy' Snowbird living on the Plodex homeworld??
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    But the REAL question is, which Snowbird is it? the real Snowbird, who is now a god, and who's corporeal form is now being worn, albeit genderically altered, by Walt, or 'clone' Snowbird who supposedly got killed with the rest of Alpha? Or heck, the 'temporal copy' Snowbird living on the Plodex homeworld??
    Huh? Snowbird (clone or not) wasn't with Alpha when they got "killed" by the Collective, remember Allan?

Also...Snowbird isn't a god, is she?...She's a demigod, just like Herc (half god/half human).

It's still awesome news that she might be a part of this "God-Squad"...I'm excited.
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Huh? Snowbird (clone or not) wasn't with Alpha when they got "killed" by the Collective, remember Allan?
    Actually, I didn't know that. Don't have that issue. I thought she was. My mistake.

Also...Snowbird isn't a god, is she?...She's a demigod, just like Herc (half god/half human).
    Actually, If I remember correctly, she was "up-graded" after she was killed by Pestilence by Nelvanna and her grandfather. And either way, she'd have a place on the group, since she'd either be a god or a demigod. Like you said, Hercules is a demigod, and he's leading the group...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Actually, I didn't know that. Don't have that issue. I thought she was. My mistake.

Actually, If I remember correctly, she was "up-graded" after she was killed by Pestilence by Nelvanna and her grandfather. And either way, she'd have a place on the group, since she'd either be a god or a demigod. Like you said, Hercules is a demigod, and he's leading the group...
    All I recall was Narya being allowed to enter her family's realm (with Doug and their baby) after her death...the northern gods originally told her she would be forbidden to enter due to her relations with a mortal, but they changed their minds in the end. I don't remember her actually being granted "Godhood", though. I could very well be wrong.

Dana

edited to correct typos

I'm just excited to see Snowbird again! As with the other people here, I'm just wondering whether it's the temporal copy or the original Birdie. (She was definitely NOT killed by the Collective.) Also, where does this new story take place? As I remember, Snowbird is now able to cross the Canadian border without shriveling.

And what about Yukon Jack? He said he was supposed to be a god, but in the "Omega Flight" mini-series, he was supposed to have been seriously neurologically messed up. Would he fit into the story anywhere?

Anyway, I can't wait to read this story; and hope, along with the others here that it is a good sign for the return of Alpha.

I feel any good exposure of our favorite Alphans is a great sign (and maybe help work toward getting Alpha back where they should be).

BTW...The two middle folks are unknown to me...The big, winged guy in the back is the Demigorge(sp?)...He eats (absorbs) gods...He might not be the wisest of chosen allies for these gods and goddesses. That's some nice JR Jr cover art there too.

Dana

I really doubt anyone at Marvel now or ever thinks the 'temporal copies' thing exists. Lobdell did it, it failed, they ignored it forever and ever. Call it a retconn or simply dismissing Lobdell's Flight. Having Yukon Jack still exist has no impact on what they ignore forever, and the 'temporal duplicates' are in the waste basket.

There is only one Snowbird, and that's her.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Snazzy when does those come out?

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Snazzy when does those come out?
    My guess its for the month of May.

MM

Also didn't it say in the Yukon Jack bio the temporal copy of Snowbird is gone? I don't remember

It doesnt really matter cuz she probably will die in the ish. Its the common ground AF has in other books...want someone dead- lets yoke an Alphan.