Thread: Prime Ministers in the Marvel U

Default Prime Ministers in the Marvel U

Okay, this may seem like an odd question, but I'm curious about Canadian PMs who have appeared in Marvel comics. Trudeau in Alpha Flight made me think about it, and the only other one I could think of was Paul Martin appearing in an issue of Four. Can anyone think of any others?

That's probably the limit of Canadian leaders showing up in the books. Since the book itself hasn't been written by a native Canadian since Byrne's run, it's not suprising they don't keep up with politics above the border.

All it would take is a minimal amount of research, something a lot of writers don't do lately, unfortunately.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Oh yeah, it's sad really. One Wikipedia search and maybe a quick look for some political cartoons and you probably have a rough idea of who'se in charge.

Though on the other hand, I guess it does preserve political and temporal neutrality when you do not specificly name world leaders. If you have just a generic guy in a suit in the big chair, or you don't specificly show the President/Prime Minister/whatever. I know they did that a number of times in other Marvel books.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

... I just read the Team Titans with JFK...

I was looking through the collection again and it turns out Brian Mulroney shows up in #90 (I assume that's him since he was PM at the time the issue was published)