Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fixing the unfixable

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Whitman Knapp hasn't been sitting on his depowered butt, he understands quantum physics and uses it to gain new powers.
    Giving Whit understanding of quantum physics may be a bit of a stretch, however, you could always go the route of some formerally-depowered mutants as seen in the new New Warriors...?
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Whitman Knapp hasn't been sitting on his depowered butt, he understands quantum physics and uses it to gain new powers.
    Giving Whit understanding of quantum physics may be a bit of a stretch, however, you could always go the route of some formerally-depowered mutants as seen in the new New Warriors...?
    Hold on now...I know he wasn't listed as one of the mutants who still has their powers as part of the 198, but that doesn't mean that he was depowered. I wouldn't say that he lost his powers just yet. He may even come back with his own mini-series...

(The above is just me being unrealistic and full of hope...)
    (Average person + Internet Forum + Anonymity = Screaming Douchebag)

"This is why I don't post often, *wink*"

It's very probable, that Whit has his powers still...Other Canadian heroes who weren't in the 198 listing, but haven't been confirmed as depowered (if anyone cares)...

Feedback
    Goblyn
    Pathway
    Stitch
    Wyre

Was Flashback depowered?...I don't remember (and I don't have the 198 issue handy...I'm at work).

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Was Flashback depowered?...I don't remember (and I don't have the 198 issue handy...I'm at work).

Dana
    He wasn't in the 198 handbook, and I'm pretty sure he didn't appear in the 198 mini either. However, I don't recall his name ever being listed as a depowered mutant

There's also:
    -Ouija
    -Flinch

and on a side-note, where is Manbot? Most likely forever in limbo

There's also:
    -Ouija
    -Flinch

and on a side-note, where is Manbot? Most likely forever in limbo
    It seems that there are a whole lot of side-issues (and peripheral persons) from Volume II that an Alpha-loving creative writer could do a lot of interesting stories with, and thereby also tie up a lot of issues that fans still have, unanswered questions etcetera.

[ wishful thinking ]
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Heather Hudson Fan First Flight

I think it'd be a pretty easy fix. It was, in my view, incredibly pompous of them to kill off Canada's only super team and form a half-assed replacement comprised of more U.S. than Canuck members.

My fix would have the prerequisite that just prior to their destruction (or shortly thereafter, while their souls were still fresh), Shaman - realizing in a sudden vision that they were all about to be killed - opened his pouch to contain their living souls. There is no way Talisman could have known this when she "sealed it forever" in Omega Flight to contain Tanaraq.

My solution is that while in the Spirit Realm contained in the pouch, Shaman's spirit guides the rest of the deceased Alpha toward the outer rim (the way home, as it were) only to discover that not only have their bodies been destroyed, their consciousnesses have been trapped in the pouch with Tanaraq AND Pestilence, who are seeking them AND the way out!

Meanwhile, Beta Ray Bill, now trapped in an otherworldly realm full of demons which he is is more than happy to dispatch of with his trusty mallet, begins having strange dreams on his trip through the Cosmos -- dreams of Alpha Flight, Omega Flight, Temporal Copies, Snowbird, Tanaraq, Pestilence, etc. His adventures through the realms eventually lead him back to Asgard where Loki sets a trap for him; Loki, realizing that the bulk of Alpha Flight (upon whom he still wants revenge) is trapped inside the pouch carried by Beta Ray Bill, disguises himself as Odin (or some other trustworthy Asgardian) and tricks Beta Ray Bill into handing over the pouch. Once the clueless Bill has returned to Earth, Loki begins his experiments on the sealed pouch...experiments for which he and all of Asgard will be sorry for...in the next issue.

Wow, I think I got a little carried away...LOL But you know what I'm sayin', right? Where magic's involved, ANYTHING is possible. All it takes is a creative mind to make the resurrection interesting and not hokey.

Live, love, laugh & be happy,
    Smikes
    Jolson did it all first,
    Crosby jazzed it up,
    Sinatra perfected it.

Actually, that's an interesting story idea, Smikes
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Another resurrection option is that the very essenses (minds/souls) of Alpha Flight now reside in Michael Pointer, being the voices he hears in his mind (the essenses of those he has killed or absorbed/drained). They could perhaps be removed by Talisman and put back in their bodies?

Dana

the shaman pouch thing was well thought out.

I like the idea of the Skrulls taking Alpha Flight when they were dealing with the Plodex and so Pointer killed the Skrulls

Quote Originally Posted by mos_def
    the shaman pouch thing was well thought out.

I like the idea of the Skrulls taking Alpha Flight when they were dealing with the Plodex and so Pointer killed the Skrulls
    I like the Skrull possibility too...The Skrulls in S.H.I.E.L.D. could have just killed the video feed before they really died (as I've said before) OR Skrullpha Flight were locked into those forms (as Skrullverine was a few years back) and never reverted back after death.

Dana

good point
    AFs liason, Gentry could have suspected the foothold in Alpha Flight, Department H and SHIELD and thus he went underground with the only thing he could fully trust...Manbot.
    He couldnt fully trust Snowbird since it was AIM that discovered her. It would make sense for AIM to examine the Skrull instead of remaking a goddess.

Quote Originally Posted by mos_def
    good point
    AFs liason, Gentry could have suspected the foothold in Alpha Flight, Department H and SHIELD and thus he went underground with the only thing he could fully trust...Manbot.
    He couldnt fully trust Snowbird since it was AIM that discovered her. It would make sense for AIM to examine the Skrull instead of remaking a goddess.
    Nope...It doesn't fly...It has to be the real Snowbird...Her godly family appeared in the Wolverine Mauvais-Wendigo story, confirming it was her. It was also explained somewhere that the gods of the north used A.I.M. to resurrect her.

Dana

Heather Hudson Fan First Flight

The whole Skrull thing's already been done anyway (but still a good idea in principle). I think Alpha's gone for good 'cause the PTB thought it was a cool thing to do. Shame on Marvel for handing them over to these new writers on a silver platter. Long live Alpha Flight, indeed.

Live, love, laugh & be happy,
    Smikes
    Jolson did it all first,
    Crosby jazzed it up,
    Sinatra perfected it.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Nope...It doesn't fly...It has to be the real Snowbird...Her godly family appeared in the Wolverine Mauvais-Wendigo story, confirming it was her. It was also explained somewhere that the gods of the north used A.I.M. to resurrect her.

Dana
    I wouldn't put it past Marvel to simply just ignore those details

Hercules is forming a team to fight the Skrull gods. Maybe they invaded Paradise first