Thread: Funeral?

Default Funeral?

Was there ever a funeral for the original Alpha? I haven't but following wolverine or xmen anymore but it seems like Logan would have at least paid his last respects and maybe wanted revenge on pointer? Or did i miss something? Sorry, its just been awhile since I've read anything Marvel then I find out Alpha Flight is dead!
    Bring back Alpha Flight - the REAL Alpha Flight!

No, no funeral. Just them 'dead' in the snow, or whatever Marvel wanted it to be.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

the real question is, who would have attended the funeral. a big portion of them got whiped out by the Collective (skrulls...cough..cough) and the other people that would have attended are missing like Northstar, Aurora, Diamond Lil, Madison, Wildchild and Yukon has gone crazy. I dont think Flex and Ghostgirl would have alot to say about the fallen.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Re: I can't believe we're taking this crap seriously, too

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by mos_def
    the real question is, who would have attended the funeral. a big portion of them got whiped out by the Collective ....
    First of all, Narya/Snowbird should have known mystically what was up.
    Secondly, Agent Brown should have contacted Chuck Moss (even if no one likes him) because he is Shaman's protege...a fledgling mystic protector. Third, Heather has parents and siblings who should have been informed of what happened. Fourth, Walter and/or Elizabeth should have had the common decency to tell the twins, whether they came to pay their respects or not. Oh, and I forgot one: Logan an Avenger should want to tear Pointer a new @$$hole for turning the Hudson baby into an orphan.

There are a thousand things wrong with what is happening and I have no faith that MARVEL will correct it or address it in a respectful manner.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Sadly, they are probably still out there rotting in the snow. All we ever saw was the pretty statue of Alpha Flight at the beginning of OF #1. The whole mess frustrates the hell out of me, even Wolverines reaction to seeing Heather dead was out of character. It just shows how bad some of Marvels writers are when it comes to knowing the characters they are writing about. Hell, Logan even showed up for James's funeral when he died the first time to console Heather. Sigh...
    (Average person + Internet Forum + Anonymity = Screaming Douchebag)

"This is why I don't post often, *wink*"

You could add the original Major Mapleleaf to the list of mourners. Which also makes me wonder how he's handling even more loss in his life (first his wife, then his eldest son dies of AIDS, now his son and daughter-in-law)

Bringing him back to slap around Mailman Mike could be fun....