Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Alpha Flight to appear in Ultimate X-men

Default Ultimate Alpha Flight to appear in Ultimate X-men

We will finally get to see Ultimate Alpha Flight when they make an appearance in Ultimate X-men. The bad news is, it sounds like they will there as the bad guys.

http://comics.ign.com/articles/845/845178p1.html

The exact quote from the second page of the interview:

IGN Comics: The million dollar question: What's your run going to be about? Any specific villains you're planning to use? Any particular concepts you hope to explore?

Coleite: I'm still working out some details and truthfully I want to keep some surprises. But, you're going to see characters do **** that they've never, never done before. I'm really ****ing excited.

For me, the best kind of conflict is internal. The X-Men shouldn't always see eye to eye on every issue. No one ever does. In the end, those nearest and dearest to us are always our worst villains – our greatest nemesis - because we actually care about them. So - actually - there are no traditional villains in this arc. No Magneto. No Blob. No Toad. No Apocalypse. No Brood. Pretty much just X-men. Oh, yeah - and Ultimate Alpha Flight.

Interesting. I may have missed it, but what would the time frame be for us seeing them in print?

They were introduced as villains in the first place, I like this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    They were introduced as villains in the first place, I like this idea.
    Well, I wouldn't quite say it that way: originally, Alpha Flight wasn't the "villains", just the "not good guys". Their methods were wrong, but their motives weren't evil.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus
    Interesting. I may have missed it, but what would the time frame be for us seeing them in print?
    It wasn't said, only that it was in plans.

Well it's set in the future and they might be villians...anyone else think their going to be killed off?

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Well it's set in the future and they might be villians...anyone else think their going to be killed off?
    I was hoping nobody would say that.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Default Re: Ultimate Alpha Flight to appear in Ultimate X-men

Quote Originally Posted by Coleite
    So - actually - there are no traditional villains in this arc. No Magneto. No Blob. No Toad. No Apocalypse. No Brood. Pretty much just X-men. Oh, yeah - and Ultimate Alpha Flight.
    Looking at this quote, I don't think he's saying they're villains. Note: "No traditional villains". Note: "Pretty much just X-Men... and Ultimate Alpha Flight." He might even have started a new topic here, and no longer be talking about the concept of villains; but if they are villains, they're not traditional villains.

Which brings us back to how they were first introduced.

How will they work around N'star, I wonder?

Of course, this is Ultimate, they'll be a bunch of skanks and trailer trash and addicts...

- Le Messor
    "Everything you read in the newspapers is absolutely true, except for that rare story of which you happen to have firsthand knowledge."
    - Erwin Knoll

Oh, I didn't say they were going to be villains, I said "bad guys", meaning they would (most likely) act like thugs and in the end get their butts kicked. This is assuming they are written as they always are. Anyway, I'm betting the story will be something along the lines of the original introduction story in UXM.

I am just excited that we will see a version of Alpha Flight!!

Lets say just for arguments sake they do a good job on Ultimate Alpha. It catches on and gets its own book. Its well written, well drawn, and has basically pure untainted versions of the original Alpha team. Would you guys feel cheated it was not in the regular Marvel U or would you embrace it?
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfense75
    Lets say just for arguments sake they do a good job on Ultimate Alpha. It catches on and gets its own book. Would you guys feel cheated it was not in the regular Marvel U or would you embrace it?
    I'd give it a shot IF, like you said, it was "well written, well drawn, and has basically pure untainted versions of the original Alpha team". Hell, even if they weren't untainted versions of the characters I still would probably give it a chance, as long as the creative team did a great job on the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfense75
    Lets say just for arguments sake they do a good job on Ultimate Alpha. It catches on and gets its own book. Its well written, well drawn, and has basically pure untainted versions of the original Alpha team. Would you guys feel cheated it was not in the regular Marvel U or would you embrace it?
    I wouldn't embrace or buy it...I don't think I'd feel cheated, as it would just be another marvel's unfathomable, F@#%ed-up decisions...I've come to expect that. As for having untainted, pure versions of the original team...Not possible, it already has strikes against it.

I also doubt anything that comes from the "Ultimate" universe would be good...Nothing good has come from it yet (IMHO).

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I also doubt anything that comes from the "Ultimate" universe would be good...Nothing good has come from it yet (IMHO).

Dana
    I agree with Dana (surprise, surpise!). From what I have sene of it, the whole Ultimate Universe sucks. A place for stupid ideas and gross stuff to run amok. I preferred the original idea for story variances, which was the "What If..." comic series.
    'Course, I never read many of them, either...
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Default Re: Ultimate Alpha Flight to appear in Ultimate X-men

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    Of course, this is Ultimate, they'll be a bunch of skanks and trailer trash and addicts...
    I just caught this, Mik...LMAO! That is awesome and probably true, unfortunately.

Dana :P
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!