Thread: New Wolverine comic, Alpha to appear...

Default New Wolverine comic, Alpha to appear...

Just read this on Comic book Resources. they have an interview w/Fred Van Lente who's writing a new Wolverine series that deals w/ past adventures of Wolveine:

9. Are you going to be sticking to the X-Men brand of characters, or will you be using the Marvel Universe as a whole?

I actually am trying to avoid, avoid, avoid the usual X-gang so I can stick Logan and Kitty in interesting and different situations with characters you wouldn’t think of associating them with.

Nevertheless, we will see Mariko Yashida, Siryn, Dazzler, Alpha Flight (all stalwarts from this X-Era), and Sabretooth, because I think Sabretooth has a clause in his contract that mandates he must appear early on in any Wolverine title.

So Wolverine is going to have three on-goings now? [Wolverine, Wolverine: Origins and now this?]

Also cool news

Can you post a link?

I have stopped reading Wolverine due to the fact that it is horrible for both art and writing.

Maybe I would be willing to check out the new Wolverine if it focused more on AF than other crap.
    (Average person + Internet Forum + Anonymity = Screaming Douchebag)

"This is why I don't post often, *wink*"

Thankee kindly. I'm kinda torn about this. I'm sick of Marvel doing multiple titles with one character/group, but I always loved Wolverine as he was written at that time. Unpredictably violent, no apologies for how he lives, completely misunderstood, it was the golden age of Logan. Sadly, he's a ghost of himself now.

This is wonderful news! I can't wait to see a return of the classic Alpha team.

hopefully they don't job

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    hopefully they don't job
    Fred's a fan of and very respectful of the characters he is working with. I don't believe that Alpha Flight will be treated badly, and am looking forward to seeing the old team again.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    Fred's a fan of and very respectful of the characters he is working with. I don't believe that Alpha Flight will be treated badly, and am looking forward to seeing the old team again.
    Well that's a relief, either way I'll be picking it up for Wolverine and for Alpha Flight.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default New Wolverine title a prequel, eh?

Well, Fred Van Lente is a good choice. I enjoyed MODOK's 11.

However...even if Logan weren't the next best thing to indestructable, setting it inbetween X-Men#s 139 and 150 guarantees that he and Kitty won't die regardless of the threat they face.

Alpha Flight, on the other hand....
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

A litle bit more on this here.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Comic Book Resorces has an interview with Fred Van Lente that came out today, and AF will appear in ish #5.

Here is a quote from Van Lente:

Berserker rages won’t be the only thing making Wolverine miserable in “Wolverine: First Class.” At this point in the character’s history, he also suffers from amnesia. “He’s having Professor X probe his memories to try and piece them together,” Van Lente explained. “Part of the reason why he’s so cranky at this point is because he doesn’t remember much of what’s happened to him or what he’s been doing since he was recruited by James Macdonald Hudson, the leader of Alpha Flight. We’ll see Alpha Flight in issue #5; that’s a very exciting issue drawn by Clayton Henry.”

MM

and drawn by Clayton Henry?..*Has Volume 3 flashbacks*

I actually liked Henry's work it was the only saving grace for vol.3

1st Issue Review.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!