Thread: My custom Alpha Flight cards for VS System

Default My custom Alpha Flight cards for VS System

Hey everyone,

I haven't been around the boards lately, but I haven't been neglecting my love for Alpha Flight. Over the past two months I've slowly been getting back into playing Vs. System and have been disappointed with the lack of Alpha Flight characters in the game. It's still a great game, but I think it would be even better with some AF-goodness.

So, after seeing the great essential set that UDE put together for Hellboy last year, I decided to make up my own cards along those lines. Here's what I have so far:

I'm open to alternate suggestions for artwork...as my resources for that is a little limited (I have no scanner at the moment). Of course, let me know what you think. I've got a lot more cards to finish...

Great job, nice touches with the quotes!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Grand job. Your to be commended. Keeping Alpha Alive.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Thanks for the comments. I've been on a roll with them this week, here are four more:

Here is another batch of cards:

And an alternate artwork version of Heather:

Hey, nice work. Where did you get the artwork for Roger Bochs?

Oh, and not to criticize, but you used the artwork from the cover of MCP#4 for Mac. That's a great image but it's Michael Pointer in the suit... Perhaps you might want to use another image.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

I know exactly where that image for the 7-drop Mac came from, but it's much more Mac-like to me. Besides 90% of other folks won't know the difference.

I noticed, but who cares? It looks like a Guardian, and as you say, most people would know about Hudson only, not Weapon Omega.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Nice work! I love the twins' cards.

Thanks everyone. Apologies if I came across snarky...wasn't intended that way. Anyway, here are the rest of the character and plot twists for the Alpha Flight team deck. I still need to iron out a few locations and some equipment, then it's on the to the baddies.

Would anyone be willing to help me playtest these cards? I only have a few more left to do and would love to find out if they actually work in play.