Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marvel Atlas #2 of 2

Default Marvel Atlas #2 of 2

Though I can't find a solicit, Sasquatch is on the cover for the 2nd installment of Marvel Atlas, issue 2 of a 2 issue run. The first issue features Asia and Europe, I think. I flipped through it briefly. The 2nd issue features North America.

Canada is in North America! Let me now give thanks to Mrs. Sommer, my 3rd grade teacher. We're likely to see some Alpha Flight!

The cover art to issue #2 is shown on the inside cover of #1, and is a continuation of the cover to issue #1, as some of the art overlaps. Scarlet Witch's cape flutters over the right margin into the next issue cover. Those buying only issue #2 will wonder what the heck the little red fabric thingy is on the left margin...

Does anyone know the release date?

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Weird, there isn't even anything on the Marvel website either about it.

Where did you see the cover?

I tried to explain it my post. I saw the cover art to #2 on the inside front cover of issue #1. Go look for yourself if your LCS allows browsing! I didn't see it at Marvel.com either. I doubt I'll buy issue #1, but, if I do, I'll scan it in.

Love,
    rplass

Default Re: Marvel Atlas #2 of 2

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    Though I can't find a solicit,
    That'd be because it's not out until March, and the official solicits are only up to February at the moment. But since the back of Atlas #1 lists it, I can discuss it a bit.

The first issue features Asia and Europe, I think.
    Yup. And Australia and New Zealand.

I flipped through it briefly. The 2nd issue features North America.
    Basically it'll feature the continents not covered by Atlas #1.

Canada is in North America!
    Is it? :P

The cover art to issue #2 is shown on the inside cover of #1, and is a continuation of the cover to issue #1, as some of the art overlaps.
    I'd post it, but I can't figure out how to upload an image to this forum (as opposed to linking to an existing online image).

Does anyone know the release date?
    March. Says it right under the image of the cover.

MARVEL ATLAS #2 (of 2)
    Written by MICHAEL HOSKIN, STUART VANDAL, ANTHONY FLAMINI & ERIC J. MOREELS
    Penciled by ELIOT R. BROWN
    Cover by STAZ JOHNSON

Your only guide to Marvel's Earth concludes! Antarctica, Africa, the Middle East, and North, Central and South America are highlighted as the Marvel Atlas plans your trip to Wakanda, Atlantis, the Savage Land, Sky Island and the U.S.A. (home of a super hero or two)! Visit the realms of the Black Panther, the Initiative, Omega Flight, the Sub-Mariner, Ka-Zar and more – brought to you in vivid life through the renderings of fan-favorite Eliot R. Brown (PUNISHER ARMORY, IRON MANUAL)!
    64 PGS./Rated A …$3.99

Aha! I'm not crazy. March 2008. Cover art is up. You can see what I mean about Scarlet Witch's cape.

O/T: Now I see three other interesting Alpha Flight related books in those solicits:

MCP#7 with Guardian on the cover

Essential OHOTMU: Master Edition vol 1 (which looks like a reprint of many Alpha Flight entries) The cover art says "2" for issue #1, strange.

Earth X Companion - which I swear was solicited for Sep 2007 and I never saw it. Well, it's 7 months late and I'm still excited to see it. Alpha Flight may appear (they did in the original Earth X series)

Love,
    rplass

and Alpha Flight appearing in Marvel Adventures Iron Man #11 as well

Yeah, I saw that but it was already mentioned in another thread.

Marvel Adventures is the kids universe thingy, right? I don't know much about it and how it is connected with the mainstream Marvel Universes.

Love,
    rplass

It's seperate from the main marvel universe, and like you said it's generally for the "kids". However, at least it's classic Alpha Flight

Just an update this issue comes out next week, ie. Mar 26, 2008

Default Re: Marvel Atlas #2 of 2

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    The cover art to issue #2 is shown on the inside cover of #1, and is a continuation of the cover to issue #1, as some of the art overlaps.
    I'd post it, but I can't figure out how to upload an image to this forum (as opposed to linking to an existing online image).
    You need to have an account at a site like photobucket.com from which you can then link it here.

Good stuff, havn't read it all but Carcass never came to Canada,

Nice to find out they're were indeed two different Brass Bishops as we wern't sure if it was the same one

thanks Loki for those pages. I did not read everything but I saw that Belmonde first name was corrected. Thanks. But, you know the provincial capital of Québec is Quebec City not Montreal.
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix