Thread: 3 People keep me from leaving Marvel.

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

Default 3 People keep me from leaving Marvel.

After the disgust I feel with Marvel yanking Omega Flight, I'd completely give up Marvel if it wasn't for three people.
    Warren Ellis (Thunderbolts, New Universal, upcoming Ast. X-Men)
    Peter David (X-Factor)
    Ed Brubaker (Captain Ameirca, Iron Fist, Daredevil)

Josh Whedon would be there for Ast. X-Men, but he's gone in an issue or two. I just cannot give up the series these men are attatched to. Annihilation is another reason but that's just an event.

Anyone else in a similar position in wanting to leave but there are certain titles you can't give-up?
    The world is NOT getting more Alpha Flight! Tweet me you twits! @DaVeO52

There's nothing wrong with staying if you're enjoying what certain creators are doing or if you enjoy how certain characters are being used, etc...

My issue is that I follow characters, not creators. If none of the characters I like are being used...I don't buy anything. The last two books I bought were the Marvel Handbook (apparently the last issue) and Star Lord #4 (definitely the last issue for this book...And I'm only buying it for Bug).

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

The charm I felt from Annihilation came from Dan Abnett who will be continuing to write Nova after Conquest is done. So I will keep buying it.
    (Average person + Internet Forum + Anonymity = Screaming Douchebag)

"This is why I don't post often, *wink*"

I never expected to weed off marvel, but I just noticed i've started dropping books from marvel that sucked and been slowly picking up more DC, I follow characters as well but if the book sucks i stop caring. I had picked up alot in reading the x-men series but the fact that my local comic book store doesn't understand the idea of "supply and demand" and continuously sells out of comics before 4pm the day they come in, I'm probably going to have to drop the messiah complex series seeing as I had to get the one shot a week late because they had to reorder and in getting that one uncanny was already sold out. I mean in all honesty the only X-men title I truly enjoy is "X-men" though the artist changed on that one which was a huge part of why I enjoyed the series and now I don't know what I want so it will be easy to just drop all x-men titles all together

Mainly the only Marvel I'm reading now is

Iron Fist
    New Warriors
    Maybe X-men

I am also reading the Sub Mariner Mini but it will end next month

And I've also slowly been getting into more DC

Green Lantern
    Green Lantern Corps
    Checkmate
    Justice Society of America
    Batman and The Outsiders
    Suicide Corps Mini

Strange how it isn't me TRYING to leave marvel, it just seems to be the quality of their comics has really dropped in my opinion and i'm becoming bored with them where as DC has some amazing stuff with the Sinestro Corps Wars and with how edgy Checkmate is, its just interesting how thigns like that happen.

How many of us REALLY read marvel comics presents? my comic book store stoped ordering them, I was the only one to pick up an issue and hated it

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    Mainly the only Marvel I'm reading now is

Iron Fist
    New Warriors
    Maybe X-men
    OMG is this yet another X-title?! Don't tell me, it's about people who think they might be mutants and could possibly need training. :P

I've also slowly been getting into more DC
    Same here. I've been picking up the Black Adam mini; the Metal Men (written and drawn very well, I might add, by Duncan Rouleau) and a new title called: Simon Dark.

Strange how it isn't me TRYING to leave marvel, it just seems to be the quality of their comics has really dropped in my opinion and i'm becoming bored with them where as DC has some amazing stuff with the Sinestro Corps Wars and with how edgy Checkmate is, its just interesting how thigns like that happen.
    I didn't leave Marvel, Marvel drove me away. Obviously TPTB there didn't care if I read their books or not, so I left. I'm through with paying to be treated badly... well at least when it comes to comics.

How many of us REALLY read marvel comics presents? my comic book store stopped ordering them, I was the only one to pick up an issue and hated it
    I don't think anyone picked it up at my LCS.

well, Endangered species wasn't good at all but i kept reading it just to read it, and I thought "After this I'll drop Uncanny X-men, X-factor, and New X-men and just read X-men" well they came out with this messiah complex and because its so hard to get a hold of the x-titles i'm just probably going to give up on them all together

This is why I don't read mainstream characters

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    I'm through with paying to be treated badly... well at least when it comes to comics.
    Legerd, it's a good thing you added 'at least when it comes to comics', because I really don't recommend giving up paying taxes. I know it sounds great at first, but then the cops get involved, and you may end up talking to lawyers! And nobody wants that.

I read by character, absolutely not by company. I tend to pick up new series by what concept catches my eye in CSN. Which said, I seem to get into DC and Marvel the most. I wonder why that is?

I read MCP, btw. It's OK.

- Le Messor
    "Everything always ends well; if it's not well by now, it's not ended by now."

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    I'm through with paying to be treated badly... well at least when it comes to comics.
    Legerd, it's a good thing you added 'at least when it comes to comics', because I really don't recommend giving up paying taxes. I know it sounds great at first, but then the cops get involved, and you may end up talking to lawyers! And nobody wants that.
    Uh, yeah, taxes. That's what I was thinking of too.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    I read by character, absolutely not by company. I tend to pick up new series by what concept catches my eye in CSN. Which said, I seem to get into DC and Marvel the most. I wonder why that is?

I read MCP, btw. It's OK.
    I read Marvel, because they were the only big comic co. that had Canadian heroes. Now that they killed most of them off (and the rest are either missing or poorly written) I decided to check out DC. However, the prices seem to have gone back up on their books so I think I'll just quit collecting till something I like comes around.