Poll: How will OF return

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Omega Flight

Default Omega Flight

How will Omega Flight be relaunched, when and if of course?
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

As it's set up at the moment, members and organisation etc, then there's no way it will get a relaunch. Gonna have to be tarted up before it becomes viable, imho.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Marvel's investing a lot in the 12-part Pointer series...

...so there's almost no way tptb are going to ignore what happens in MCP.
    Moreover, Pointer is a Bendis-created character, unlikely to languish and loosely associated with Canada's "Agent Brown"...

Personally, I hope that Omega Flight does not come back, and I hope that Alpha Flight stays on hiatus until a creative team with a good concept gets the positive editorial support it needs to bring out the best in the characters.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Default Re: Marvel's investing a lot in the 12-part Pointer series..

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan
    ...so there's almost no way tptb are going to ignore what happens in MCP.
    Moreover, Pointer is a Bendis-created character, unlikely to languish and loosely associated with Canada's "Agent Brown"...

Personally, I hope that Omega Flight does not come back, and I hope that Alpha Flight stays on hiatus until a creative team with a good concept gets the positive editorial support it needs to bring out the best in the characters.
    I agree with you totally on OF not coming back (and Alpha staying on hiatus), Garry...I just don't think any Alpha Flight book proposal will stand a chance with Quesada around.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I don't think Omega will return. Marvel missed the boat on a hot property.
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

I agree that OF will not be coming back. I think they will be re-relaeasing an AF v4 in a few years. Marvel was probably quite happy with sales of OF, but were still not willing to roll the dice like they did with v2 and v3. I would look for a much much darker style of AF a few years down the road.
    (Average person + Internet Forum + Anonymity = Screaming Douchebag)

"This is why I don't post often, *wink*"