Thread: Can someone help with an article please

Default Can someone help with an article please

I'm writing an article on the James MacDonald Hudson version of Guardian for a British magazine, and am thoroughly confused as to whether he was killed by the Collective or is still alive. I'm not a recent Alpha Flight reader, but the research I've done is conflicting. Some sources have the original version of Hudson accompanying the Plodex eggs back to the homeworld, and apparently still there. Others, uncited, have him returned to Earth and killed by The Collective. Other sources note the version of Guardian killed by The Collective as being a version pulled from a time prior to his first alleged death when dealing with Box (which would make no sense). The only certainty I can locate is that Michael Pointer now wears the Guardian suit. Is there a definitive answer as to what's happened to Hudson, and if so can someone please let me know.

Thanks,
    Frank Plowright

You research is dead on! No one can definitively tell you what the hell is going on with Guardian other than the current Guardian suit is being worn by Michael Pointer. Hudson did board a ship and travel to the Plodex homeworld, Hudson did die on the icy tundra at the hands of the Collective, Hudson did come back at the end of volume 3 as his pre Omega Flight battle self, Hudson did have a clone at the end of Vol.2 also. So, who bit the big one, who knows. Marvel ain't talking! For all we know Guardian is really Aunt May!
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

It would be a retconn, really, to say he's alive now. Clone Hudson is back to the past, but people will quibble anyway. If it was Clone Hudson who Pointer killed, then there are two Aurora's, two Northstars....
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Thanks for your help. I'll fudge the ending to the article and update if there are any revelations before it goes to print.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    It would be a retconn, really, to say he's alive now. Clone Hudson is back to the past, but people will quibble anyway.
    We already heard from a person at Marvel, who mentioned that the time-copies are still "around"...Whatever that means. So apparently, they may not have returned to the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    If it was Clone Hudson who Pointer killed, then there are two Aurora's, two Northstars....
    Which would suck...Volume Three was a disaster.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

James Hudson is living comfortably as the former liason to Alpha Flight in Gentry. He is underground. Waiting for the right moment to make Alpha a powerhouse again.

One of the handbooks stated that the time-displaced Alphas from volume 3 did revert to their own time.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.