Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where the *bleep* is the news?

Default Where the *bleep* is the news?

Man, anyone else feel OF is dead in the water? I thought we were suppose to get news or something.

With this delay, it sure has sucked the hype from the series.

I figure they have started writing and drawing OF now we just don't know who it doing it. I figured 'soon' meant by Hallowe'en. With Phil's post about Northstar being on a team book soon, speculation about it being OF will only increase.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

but with the habit of only using non-original members i dunno, I would guess the speculation of Northstar being on a team book soon will have to do with some of the hype and switch up of the Messiah Complex for X-men

I've been coming on the forums every couple of days to check out the latest and apart from their being bugger all news, not many people are chatting about anything at all!

fingers crossed for some action sooner rather than later, people probably are loosing interest, which may lead to an ongoing just being a fizzer that won't sell!
    Fight For The Flight
    Daz

i've been scouring the web as well with no luck.

anyone know if reber (who would/will be a potential of/af relaunch editor's) has a forum? i know most editors/writers/artists do.

Here is a link to Brian Reber's Deviantart page - that is as close as I can come to helping you out...
    http://daikaiju.deviantart.com/
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

News, if there is going to be any, probably won't come until the Weapon Omega story on MCP wraps up, or is near to doing so. I haven't been following it, so I'm not sure when that is.

I think the very best we could hope for is a new series arriving in January 2008. Even then, I am not optimistic.

Uh...I hope nobody is holding their breath.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Personally I think the whole Marvel Comics Presents story is just a stalling tactic. Marvel probably didn't expect Omega Flight to do so well and MCP is meant to hold us off until they can figure out what to actually do with Omega Flight

There's this in January:

ESSENTIAL MARVEL SAGA VOL. 1
    Written by PETER SANDERSON & VARIOUS
    Penciled by VARIOUS
    Cover by RON FRENZ
    See for yourself how the Marvel Age of Heroes began as one of comicdom's coolest chroniclers follows the FF, Spider-Man, the X-Men, Daredevil and others from origins into adventure! Recounting the first appearances of Marvel's greatest menaces—including Doctor Octopus, Doctor Doom, Magneto and Loki! The awakening of the Sub-Mariner and Captain America! Ancient enigmas, wartime wonders and more from the first years of the House of Ideas!
    Collecting MARVEL SAGA #1-12
    448 PGS./RATED All Ages ...$16.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-2727-7
    Trim size: oversized

Well, thats impressive, actually putting Alpha Flight on the front cover with the FF and Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus
    Well, thats impressive, actually putting Alpha Flight on the front cover with the FF and Wolverine.
    That's a reprint of the original cover from 1985. Notice how the EM suit assembly scene includes a portion of Mac's costume. The original image from Guardian's origin (AF #3) doesn't include the red/white Canadian flag covering. Probably John Byrne was concerned that no one woud recognize Mac without his costume, so he added in a 3/4 version of it on the cover. Here is a scan of the original panel:

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus
    That's a reprint of the original cover from 1985. Notice how the EM suit assembly scene includes a portion of Mac's costume. The original image from Guardian's origin (AF #3) doesn't include the red/white Canadian flag covering. Probably John Byrne was concerned that no one woud recognize Mac without his costume, so he added in a 3/4 version of it on the cover.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you sure that cover is by Byrne? It looks like the signatures are Perez and Layton.

Dana

It never entered my mind that it wasn't Byrne. Well, I sure feel silly after 22 years of thinking, "wow, nice Byrne cover." He was doing wraparound covers for OHOTMUE right around then so it just seemed perfectly normal to me for him to be doing a wraparound Marvel Saga cover. The portion of the cover containing Mac and the EM suit technician does look like Byrne's art at quick glance.

OK so then change where I wrote, "John Byrne" to, "Ron Frenz and Bob Layton Sr." But anyway, same point, he is drawn with a partial costume on the cover and without the costume in the single panel from AF#3.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    It never entered my mind that it wasn't Byrne. Well, I sure feel silly after 22 years of thinking, "wow, nice Byrne cover." He was doing wraparound covers for OHOTMUE right around then so it just seemed perfectly normal to me for him to be doing a wraparound Marvel Saga cover. The portion of the cover containing Mac and the EM suit technician does look like Byrne's art at quick glance.

OK so then change where I wrote, "John Byrne" to, "Ron Frenz and Bob Layton Sr." But anyway, same point, he is drawn with a partial costume on the cover and without the costume in the single panel from AF#3.

Love,
    rplass
    See, even I got the artist wrong ...The sig appeared to end in the letter "z", so I guessed it was Perez.

Dana