Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight weekly Reading Club on the Byrne Forum

And the hits continue! I love Elizabeth Twoyoungmen, and the scenes with Snowbird were also great, (enjoyed seeing her as a bunny rabbit).

I just thought of something. What's going to happen when you reach Alpha Flight vol 1, #28? Will you continue with the series, or end it there, since what you're showing us is the John Byrne run?

Since it's the Byrne forum, I'm stopping with issue 28 (I like to think the series ended there, anyway ). After that, I'll move on to a new title and continue the Thursday reading clubs.

Personally, I thought this was maybe the worst issue in Byrne's run. The inking was a huge disappointment, especially after seeing Byrne and Austin the month before. The story is basically just a set-up for 19 and revealing the soon-to-be Talisman (who I LOVED) to the readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Maxwell
    Personally, I thought this was maybe the worst issue in Byrne's run. The inking was a huge disappointment, especially after seeing Byrne and Austin the month before. The story is basically just a set-up for 19 and revealing the soon-to-be Talisman (who I LOVED) to the readers.
    Not me, I think the circus storyline was worst, a lot worst. I like this issue for the little details, the introduction to Talisman and it did show Byrne was from Calgary (I think), you really had a feel for the city, which is really rare in AF run.
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

This is one of my all-time favorite Alpha Flight issues. A great time-travel story, and a fun mix of characters: Shaman, Snowbird, Puck, and Talisman. I always liked the introduction of Talisman, (especially Snowbird's reaction to her). I would have liked to have seen Elizabeth and Narya's relationship developed a bit more.

The end of Gilded Lily, issue 21

http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/f....asp?TID=23783

Looking forward, sadly, to the meeting between Snowbird and Sasquatch. It's been building for several issues and the payoff is stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Maxwell
    She's also fat and stupid.
    One of Byrne's laziest and saddest issues ever, IMHO.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Well, wait till the next issue. Now that one's a classic!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07
    One of Byrne's laziest and saddest issues ever, IMHO.
    I didn't have that problem.

Can she fly? I got that she could, or maybe that's a really big leap. (Could somebody ask? I've decided it'd be best if I didn't join the Byrne forum.)

- Le Messor
    "Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones."

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor

I didn't have that problem.

Can she fly? I got that she could, or maybe that's a really big leap. (Could somebody ask? I've decided it'd be best if I didn't join the Byrne forum.)
    I think that's a really really big leap allowed cos she's got very muscular and not fat legs. It's all muscle you see, unlike Miss Mass who was prolly a lard arse or not, depending on political correctness.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

That's one of the things I liked about Byrne's run; he played with types like that. Pink Pearl, a classic 'Fat Lady' who can 'fly through the air with the greatest of ease' (jumping or flying; I still think she got pretty high for somebody who couldn't fly and didn't have any hash handy); Wild Child, a clawed, healing-factor psycho Wolverine clone*, who talks like a college professor.

* do NOT take literally!

- Le Messor
    Prosecutor: Dr. Stone, would you give the court your impression of Mr. Striker?
    Dr. Stone: I'm sorry, I don't do impressions... my training is in psychiatry.
    - Flying High