Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight weekly Reading Club on the Byrne Forum

Default Alpha Flight weekly Reading Club on the Byrne Forum

Hey, everyone! I've started a weekly Alpha Flight reading club on John Byrne's website. I wasn't sure if he'd allow it, he hasn't expressed a lot of love for the series in the past, but he seems OK with it. So far

I hope some of you will come by and show your love for our favorite super team. Please be civil, I don't want him to take this away.

Here's the link to this week's thread, and I'll be posting each issue on Thursdays.

http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/f....asp?TID=21222

Thanks for starting the AF reading club, Ryan! Just seeing these pages again brings back good memories. I've been a fan of AF from their first appearance in X-Men #120-121, and was one of the people who always asked JB at cons when AF was going to get its own book. It made my day when, at a con in August, 1982, he said, "They're getting their own book in April" [1983]. I couldn't wait! I also bought the Marvel Age (#2) when it came out -- good stuff. Congratulations, Ryan, for keeping AF in the public eye.

It seems nice but personally, I would never write a word in JB forum. The moderation is wayyyy too strict and the way some people behave (saying yes to everything JB says) would forced me to react too vividly...
    But good luck with it!
    I was really saddened to know that JB almost never had any pleasure writing alpha Flight, his second year on the title was so good...

Thank you, Ryan....The Byrne AF issues were the most amazing reading.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Good job. I always thought the cover of #3 was striking, and I'm surprised to learn that it's JB's favorite cover of all his work.

BRYNE SMASH!

"Congratulations, Dickheads. Another thread I have to clean up and lock
    down because you *******s can't stop wanking each other off in public.

Well done!"

You can't blame John for that, I was pissed off too. I wish the thread had remained open, but I'm glad it was stopped, it happens too often.

Puck is flipping his way around the JBF today in issue 5.

http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/f....asp?TID=21741

I love that issue, also I really like reading Bryne's replies in the threads pretty interesting stuff

It's also nice to read that John B misses Puck (his version) too...I miss that Puck, as well. It's sad that he got so messed up.

I knew Byrne had a place in his heart for some of Alpha (Heather, Northstar, Aurora, Puck).

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

awesome that byrne set up james's eventual demise in issue 6.

wow.

these issues bring back such nostalgia and regret that byrne is not still guiding them.

what is he doing these days? not sure i see anything out from him.