Thread: Secret Invasion

Default Secret Invasion

Who thinks there's a good chance that the Puck, Heather and Shaman who died in Avengers #16 will turn out to have been skrulls?
    The change could be made easily if the Skrulls encountered the Alphas on the Plodez space arc mission.
    The other casualties could also be Skrulls, but reason would have to be given why Sasquatch was not impersonated...and, do we really need Mac, Maple Leaf and she-Puck back?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Default Re: Secret Invasion

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Who thinks there's a good chance that the Puck, Heather and Shaman who died in Avengers #16 will turn out to have been skrulls?
    The change could be made easily if the Skrulls encountered the Alphas on the Plodez space arc mission.
    The other casualties could also be Skrulls, but reason would have to be given why Sasquatch was not impersonated...and, do we really need Mac, Maple Leaf and she-Puck back?
    While i think this is an awesome idea. Only one little factoid might interupt it. In an interview with Bendis he said that when one of these replicas die they will revert back to a Skrull IE Elektra. This did not happen when we (kinda) see Alpha die in NA. Also this story has been brewing since prior to that story. So if they where indeed Skrulls we might have seen it. However...IF they had shown them turn into skrulls it would have ruined the whole story so of course they wouldnt show it there. I think its a viable way to bring them back and I wouldnt mind it at all.

How cool would it be if in the midst of all this invasion we see the majority of the Marvel U getting rocked by skrulls. Only to have the very alive original Alpha members come back to Earth, swoop in, turn the tide, and save the day. Leading to what will be the greatest chapter in Alphas history. =D
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

I agree...It would rock for some of them to have been replaced and have them triumphantly return. I don't feel the current regime cares about them, though.

There's a big problem with the idea of Shaman (or Earthmover) being impersonated...The medicine bag. No Skrull would be able to use his magics (or even possibly fake them convincingly)...Although, if you look at every pic (there weren't many) of the Collective "battle", Shaman doesn't use the bag. He just stands there with the rest of AF and gets clobbered.

The most likely to have been replaced are those who went into space. Sasquatch, Puck II and Major Mapleleaf II were all together as a team and the Skrulls may not have had opportunity to replace any of them.

Maybe only Mac, Heather and Puck were impersonated, due to them being un-powered/low-powered? As I mentioned...The Skrulls would have a very hard time copying Shaman's or Earthmover's magicks.

Snowbird would have been ideal for replacement, her powers could easily be copied by a Skrull (except her strength and connection to the gods of the north, of course). Sasquatch is a shapechanger too, but the Skrull would have to have some sort of strength enhancement.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

That is a pretty good theory. After all, nowhere since (that I have seen) has it been brought up that Heather and Mac even mention that they have a baby. It would be cool for AF to show up and save the Avengers butts. But I do thin that TPTB don't give a rat's behind about AF.

Here's hoping that Heather isn't dead. It's still a fresh wound for me.
    Where are we going, and why are we in this hand-basket??

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    I agree...It would rock for some of them to have been replaced and have them triumphantly return. I don't feel the current regime cares about them, though.

There's a big problem with the idea of Shaman (or Earthmover) being impersonated...The medicine bag. No Skrull would be able to use his magics (or even possibly fake them convincingly)...Although, if you look at every pic (there weren't many) of the Collective "battle", Shaman doesn't use the bag. He just stands there with the rest of AF and gets clobbered.

The most likely to have been replaced are those who went into space. Sasquatch, Puck II and Major Mapleleaf II were all together as a team and the Skrulls may not have had opportunity to replace any of them.

Maybe only Mac, Heather and Puck were impersonated, due to them being un-powered/low-powered? As I mentioned...The Skrulls would have a very hard time copying Shaman's or Earthmover's magicks.

Snowbird would have been ideal for replacement, her powers could easily be copied by a Skrull (except her strength and connection to the gods of the north, of course). Sasquatch is a shapechanger too, but the Skrull would have to have some sort of strength enhancement.

Dana
    What is magic... If nothing less than science we simply dont understand. If science is advanced enough it could appear as magic. Just playing devil's advocate.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

1- I didnt know Chuck Moss died. I dont remember him in NA but I could be wrong and would have to look it up again.

2-If Reed Richards can learn magic to battle Dr Doom then anything is possible but magic is not unkown science. Have you seen the Dr Strange anime movie. No way science can make on think something is light when it ways a ton.

Chuck Moss isn't dead, no reason to think he is. The fact that Skrulls who die revert to Skrull form after death would be hard to explain if any of AF were Skrulls, seeing as Department H et al had to bury them a week or so later.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

You could always say since the Pointer had all the powers, he telepathically froze that part of the demorphing part of their body upon death as well as other things done to the body. He had alot of power.

It would totally be awesome to get Heather back, I just don't think that will happen. Heather was never really liked by a lot in Marvel. I felt this was shown in the way that Heather and Logan's relationship started very close and stronger than any other relationship Logan had, then slowly tapered off and became closer to them being just odd acquaintances. I mean...did Logan even show up to her funeral?

I think most who are making decisions in Marvel right now have the same view of Heather. "Good riddance." I don't feel this way, I loved Heather as the Guardian more than Mac. I don't think there is a chance of her coming back into the roster.

I wont even start on Puck or Shaman.
    (Average person + Internet Forum + Anonymity = Screaming Douchebag)

"This is why I don't post often, *wink*"

Also, some characters now do have a real way to come back:

- Puck, after holding Razaar for so long, is virtually immortal. No way Pointer finished him off.

- James Hudson, his memories could be held in his inorganic parts, so he could be 'downloaded' into a new form or his bio-organics regrown into a complete human

Heather has no 'in' to get back on, neither does Shaman (though he is now in a higher plane, so noy 100% 'dead'). MML and Zuzha would a need a writer to make up a reason, like Snowbird's clone.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    - James Hudson, his memories could be held in his inorganic parts, so he could be 'downloaded' into a new form or his bio-organics regrown into a complete human
    ie. Earth X
    ---------------------------------------------
    Paradise X #2 [vol.1]: Body Transfer [Guardian I (Earth X)]
    Earth X Guardian had his entire body destroyed by an army of Wendigo (Multiple Man gained the Wendigo curse) and all that remained was his head and spine yet he still lives. He even then showed a new ability thanks to his cybernetic parts to take over a new body and have complete control over it

1. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l1...diseX02p22.jpg
    2. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l1...diseX02p23.jpg

Wasn't there a comment by someone at Marvel that cyborgs dont cry when talking about the death page of AF in NA 16?

I like this topic. i like the ideas.

I doubt any of them will happen, but hope they do.

By the way, I am still pc-less while i await my new one to be shipped ot me, this is the first chance I've had to check this forum out in a month or so! Good ol' "work pc"! Hope the boss ne'er finds out! Missed all you Flighters! Keep up the good F(l)ight!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Default Re: Secret Invasion

Quote Originally Posted by Dfense75
    Only one little factoid might interupt it. In an interview with Bendis he said that when one of these replicas die they will revert back to a Skrull IE Elektra.
    Elektra's body didn't fall into the snow. The colder temperature could affect the Skrull physiology, freezing it in the form it died in, at least until the bodies were moved to a higher temperature
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

...Or the video feed may have only lasted as long as they were dying and cut out before they actually died (and reverted to their true Skrull forms).

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!