Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Omega News from Baltimore...

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    I'm tired of Marvel execs giving us fans either the bird or little morsels of what we want.
    I thought the (Snow)bird is little morsels of what we want?

Hah! I kill me! But first, I kill him...

In some seriousness...
    I'm with Dana. I won't get excited. I'll stay in a holding pattern until I've read at least one issue. As I did with v3 and Omega. Even if we get a creative team who claim to be fans of the original team, even if they come onto the board to talk to us. I'll decide if it's good, I'll judge it, when I've read a few issues. Not before. --> Of course, my hopes aren't up yet there'll even be a few issues.

- Le Messor
    "Everybody is somebody else's weirdo"

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default I now have a complete run of volume 1...

...thanks to the B-more ComicCon, I found the missing issues I'd been searching for. Plus, # 1 of vol. 3 for a dollar!

I sat for 5 minutes for the Mondo Marvel panel to try and find out what the status of Alpha and Omega Flight was, and as mentioned previously OF did well, but mostly it was a re-direct to Michael Pointer in MCP. Well, that didn't really tell me too much about either Alpha or Omega. Alpha---are they really dead? Skrulls? Just in a lot of pain, somewhere in limbo?
    No follow-up (my fault).

I went back downstairs and talked to Rich, who shared his insights into the character of Pointer, pretty consistent with what is posted elsewhere.
    I did (and do) feel a tiny bit better after talking with Rich, but I still do not consider Pointer a valid member of either Omega or Alpha Flight, just a shoehorned-in character that nobody else truly knew what to do with.

Personally, I hope the 12 issue run focuses solely on Pointer, USAgent, Jeff Brown, (even Arachne), but I understand that Sasquatch is slated to appear, too.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Well, this is interesting news. At last, some news that can be construed as being somewhat possibly positive maybe! Hurray!??

Hm. So, something might be done, sometimes soon, but we do not know what soon refers to, and we do not know what if anything is being done. That about sum it all up?

Wow. I must be desparate to even think about getting excited about this...

Yup, I'm desparate.

As for MCP series, I hated Pointer (Mailman Mike) as Guardian. But I still am picking up the first twelve issues of this series. It may be good, it may suck. But it is more than just a Pointer-as-Guardian story, so there may be other things that interest me as well.

And that is why I have decided to get MCP. For reasons OTHER than Pointer's appearances.

C'mon Marvel, for once just give people what they want, not what you tell them to want...
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Well, Pointer made the cover of MCP in December.

Link